Stubble cultivator mod

Tomazius96

Stubble cultivator mod

Post by Tomazius96 »

If anyone wonders why his Stubble cultivator mod doesn´t work, the problem might be in seasons mod. Looks like this script is not compatible with Seasons.

I just wanted to make this post, to get the attention of creator Yumi, and make a request if its possible to make this mod Seasons compatible some day, as its really really awesome, because adds a lot of realism to the game.

Thanks !
PrincessJessi84

Re: Stubble cultivator mod

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

im sure it does.. but.. I don't understand how.. what is the point of this mod? I know this sounds negative but its just from a lack of a better way to word it.. I legit don't understand as im not a farmer.. any proper explanation as to how this is realistic would be great.. and thanks for the heads up on the seasons thing.. yall know me.. if it added to the realism it would have ended up in my game right next to seasons lol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

In 17 it gave an extra level of fertilisation, why I like it is that I've never cultivated stubble and had the land immediately turn brown in 1 pass.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

If you cultivate a wheat stubble IRL it doesnt just turn to the black/brown soil immediately as you just "scratch" and "mix" a bit of the top soil layer. So the little straw and stubble is still visible and will rot latter and fertilze the soil.

Vanilla game texture looks then more like this, just pure soil, no tracks of stubble or soil. To me makes sense if you cultivate the plowed field, but if you cultivate freshly harvested grain field then it looks a bit odd. I guess the ingame cultivators are super duper good :lol:

Its not best explanation, bcs english is not my mother tongue, but I hope you get it now.
PrincessJessi84

yea I tried the chopped straw mod in fs17.. it was cool except it kinda drove me crazy cause the chopped straw ended up EVERYWHERE lol.. I wasn't sure about the cultivator thing tho.. I mean.. I suppose that does seem pretty legit.. a plough would turn the soil much deeper bringing fresh dirt up but a cultivator just breaks it up so at least some of the straw would remain visible.. might have to try it once the seasons compatibility is lined out
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:23 pm If anyone wonders why his Stubble cultivator mod doesn´t work, the problem might be in seasons mod. Looks like this script is not compatible with Seasons.

I just wanted to make this post, to get the attention of creator Yumi, and make a request if its possible to make this mod Seasons compatible some day, as its really really awesome, because adds a lot of realism to the game.

Thanks !
The author of the mod has an account on this forum: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=99233

Therefore you might want to try to reach out to him via PM.

BTW. normally issues with mods from the ModHub should be reported in the ModHub Bug Reports section, and as with all bug reports it is helpful to follow the guidelines in the following post when creating the report: viewtopic.php?f=998&t=129830
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
yumi

Post by yumi »

Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:23 pm If anyone wonders why his Stubble cultivator mod doesn´t work, the problem might be in seasons mod. Looks like this script is not compatible with Seasons.

Thanks !
Hello,
I noticed recently some weird behaviour also on my career game with Seasons. I'm not 100% sure it's due to Seasons but I have to make additional tests on different maps with & without Seasons to try to identify a fix.
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:45 pm im sure it does.. but.. I don't understand how.. what is the point of this mod? I know this sounds negative but its just from a lack of a better way to word it.. I legit don't understand as im not a farmer.. any proper explanation as to how this is realistic would be great.. and thanks for the heads up on the seasons thing.. yall know me.. if it added to the realism it would have ended up in my game right next to seasons lol
Thanks for your feedback, I already had it on previous FS version. As Tomazius96 explained, the goal of the mod is mainly a different visual render since I don't find very realistic the cultivated soil just after harvest. Also it can let people do 2 cultivator passes on the field (1 with a disc cultivator with Stubble on and 1 with another type of cultivator with Stubble Off for ex) since IRL you generally won't work only once in the field between harvest and seeding.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I was a big fan of this in 17 as I'm no fan of the stubble to completely brown cultivated state transition. Is it just a visual issue or does it effect the savegame?
PrincessJessi84

hey thanks yumi! it sounds really cool and realistic.. I look forward to a resolution to the current bug(?) as I would like to add this to my save game... thanks for your hard work
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello,

I pushed an update on modhub that should fix the issue. It should be available within 10 to 15 days if everything is OK
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Thanks Yumi! That some real good news.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Nice 👍
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

Awesome can’t wait
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
Mmike1984

Post by Mmike1984 »

To bad the mod, (still) doesnt worked with gps mod. Hopefully the next patch, will fix it. Is it also possible to make the texture more realistic, so, more dirt between the straw texture?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Not necessarily more realistic to add more dirt. It would depend on your equipment you are using. Our John Deere chisel leaves more stalk out there then the neighbor's, but it leaves less than another neighbor's vertical tillage. Personally, I like a little more stalk out there because it cuts down on snow drifts and better protects the soil from erosion.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.