Agco 1000 Series removed from the Mod Hub?

iB055

Re: Agco 1000 Series removed from the Mod Hub?

Post by iB055 »

In all honesty why should Giants even care about any other site but their own OFFICIAL mod hub?

For all the reasons this mod could have been removed I personally think the similar decal font is one the most rediculous reasons.

Just my opinion.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

It was originally removed because someone claimed it was stolen, not these decals...
Since copyright claims r kinda serious, they remove stuff immediately and THEN start looking (at) or ask for proof.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

I hope giants knows it why they removed it. And if it is decals they can remove a lot off mods off copyrighting. Heck no modder can put a copyright claim on a color or a fond.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

It wasnt originally the Decals that were claimed as stolen... Should read the whole topic ;)

>>Rules<<
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Alagos wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:04 pm It wasnt originally the Decals that were claimed as stolen... Should read the whole topic ;)
If you read the whole topic you will find different comments from me on this topic 👀

Thats why i posted if giants even knows the reason why they banned because they send him 2 different reasons. Starting to smell like manure here.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

In my opinion, Giants is just being Thorough, Steenkamp should have just kept it between him/them and Giants...

>>Rules<<
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Everybody is entitled to their opinion thats why we have community forum :D
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Just read through this whole thread and personally, whilst things in the thread remains factual and mostly polite, I think the thread is best left open. I see no problems with shining a light into the dark areas of how things are supposed to work and showing where they don't.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Fifty1990 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:33 pm
SteenkampModding wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:42 pm Sorry for letting it sound like a rant. We just wanted to keep you guys up to date on what is going on.
We will try and sort this out tomorrow with Giants, and we will post the outcome on our Facebook page for those interested.
Hopefully it will be back up for download for those who didn’t get it before.
Thanks and you guys are doing the work giants needs to do keeping us up 2 date.
They probably wont, as its not their mod. If youhave two friends arguing, I'm not going to tell you day by day of what's going. Because one of them can complain against you as it's a private conversation. All parties have to agree to make it public
crash

Post by crash »

So if you make a model of something that isent yours, and try the best to make it accurate, someone else can do the same and then the first who made the model own b the rights to it? Atleast on modhub..

This is stupid....
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

That's not even close to how things work :hmm:

>>Rules<<
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

crash wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:36 pm So if you make a model of something that isent yours, and try the best to make it accurate, someone else can do the same and then the first who made the model own b the rights to it? Atleast on modhub..

This is stupid....
What? No.
That is so incorrect.

You should not make a mod from something that is not yours or if you don't have the owners permission. Giants allow you to use theirs, but it is not yours. You only have their permission.

And since Giants own the Modhub and the rights for the mod, they can do whatever they want. Their policy is typically to only allow one mod release for each of their models.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

crash wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:36 pm So if you make a model of something that isent yours, and try the best to make it accurate, someone else can do the same and then the first who made the model own b the rights to it? Atleast on modhub..

This is stupid....
If you make a model that model is yours because you made it. If you remake a model from another modder without that modder agreeing with it thats copyright doesn’t matter if its better or not you still used somebody’s model. Thats my thought on it. Correct me if i’m wrong.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:29 pm
Fifty1990 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:57 pm I hope giants knows it why they removed it. And if it is decals they can remove a lot off mods off copyrighting. Heck no modder can put a copyright claim on a color or a fond.
You're right, no one can copyright the color or the font, but there's also using a decal somebody already made or making your own using the same color and font. I'm not implying that they used someone else's, just clarifying what the decal issue could be.
That’s being picky my opinion. Dont know how much time goes into making a decal. And they can just pick that decal from another challenger machine like the challenger mt700 series even has a similar hood to the 1000 series
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:29 pm
Fifty1990 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:57 pm I hope giants knows it why they removed it. And if it is decals they can remove a lot off mods off copyrighting. Heck no modder can put a copyright claim on a color or a fond.
You're right, no one can copyright the color or the font, but there's also using a decal somebody already made or making your own using the same color and font. I'm not implying that they used someone else's, just clarifying what the decal issue could be.
You can actually sue someone if they are using a font style in which you have trademarked it or a word. It's not uncommon than u think