Best map on console

Florish

Re: Best map on console

Post by Florish »

I love Kolonia 1990 (ps4) but i cant stand (actually i hate it) that with seasons, the cow pasture as well as the pig one, including the sheds next to them, are not seasons ready so snow all ovrr the place when in winter...
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Osina, Geiselsberg, Babrosty, Ellerbach, Midland, Alsoszeg agri farm (new version), Gemeide Rade.... actually so much more great maps available.
Perkele

Post by Perkele »

There is two great map, New Woodshire (without season) and Baltic Sea (the perfect for seasons).
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

Being American, I've tried--and like--almost all the American maps. Woodshire, Westbridge, Welker, Dahl, Stone Valley, Pacific Northwest(my #2)...I really want to see Millennial once it's fixed.

BEST map on console currently though? Lone Oak, by far. The little details really make it feel like the country. More maps need ditches, telephone poles, fences, etc. The tree placement is really how the countryside is. And the edges of the map seem to go on forever. Theres nothing to break the immersion.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Dahl has my most hours to date, Lona oak, Welker, and Woodshire are great maps. Lone Oak and Welker haven't played a to due to them being from 17. Woodshire is a great smaller feel map. Working on Stone valley. I absolutely love it. So many options of home acreage. Have 2 save games, one older smaller equipment the other is a huge farm. So versatile for an American farmer imo
Last edited by dapals51 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

Simple answer... Lone Oak Farm
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's your opinion ha. I'm not a huge fan of lone oak, and don't really know why. Welker is my favorite for console with the custom crop textures.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

So to make this post short and sweet, summarize everyone's response into a single answer..

all of them. Honestly what else did one expect as answer other than every map released for console to be mentioned.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Question about New Woodshire. How come a lot of people don't like it with seasons?

I've got nearly 100 hours there now with seasons and enjoying it.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

OSTROWITKO - what a great suprise this map is. Best thing is the lightning of the map! little dark, mat and very HD also. Not usual PS4 version graphics. And cow pasture unique, ofcourse some minor bugs detected in first version, but hopefully will be fixed later.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I have tried all the American maps at least 3 times. How I play, and what I look for in a map, has really turned me off to all these. Lone Oak would be a front runner, but it has some issues that I can't overcome. It was so awesomely brilliant on 17, but it just looks dumbed down on 19. No fault of Oxy or BB, but the change of lighting and the sky take the map back a few steps in my opinion. Welker and Stone Valley are very nice, I actually give them both 4.25 star. But there is only so much joy I can get out of big square fields, before I change the input on the TV to cable and find something interesting to watch. But these are not faults of the mappers, these are just because of how I like to play. New Woodshire just doesn't feel "American" to me, along with Pacific Northwest. I think both of these are nice maps, with their own unique things, but I just don't feel these are American. Maybe a Video Game America if that makes sense. Dahl felt unfinished to me from day 1 and I can't get past it, and the fact that the map maker just up and vanished from any future updates after the original release validated that to me.

But with all that said, the best American map on console would be Stone Valley x2, with Lone Oak being second.

On a side note, Marwell with a couple changes would make a very nice Eastern US map, even being a UK based map. There are many times playing Marwell for hours that it felt like the Shenendoah region of Virginia.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:10 pm Lone Oak would be a front runner, but it has some issues that I can't overcome. It was so awesomely brilliant on 17, but it just looks dumbed down on 19. No fault of Oxy or BB, but the change of lighting and the sky take the map back a few steps in my opinion
For me that map in 17 was Oakfield I had hundreds of hours on it, the 19 version I really can't get into. As you say it's no fault of Oxy, when I play maps in 19 I've not been on in 17 the things I dislike with 19 don't seem so obvious. A lot of things improved in 19 but at a cost to many others.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:45 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:10 pm Lone Oak would be a front runner, but it has some issues that I can't overcome. It was so awesomely brilliant on 17, but it just looks dumbed down on 19. No fault of Oxy or BB, but the change of lighting and the sky take the map back a few steps in my opinion
For me that map in 17 was Oakfield I had hundreds of hours on it, the 19 version I really can't get into. As you say it's no fault of Oxy, when I play maps in 19 I've not been on in 17 the things I dislike with 19 don't seem so obvious. A lot of things improved in 19 but at a cost to many others.
Yeah, I fired up 17, because I was looking for a change of pace. And I looked at the sky and I was blown away on Lone Oak. I think to myself, why did we change that? They sky looks sooooo.....oooo... much better on 17. And don't get me wrong, the light and shading on 1 is a nice touch, but the dissapearring trees in the distance are so much more noticable because of it. There are few maps on 19 that totally get it right in my opinion. and a handful that come very close. And that is no fault of the modders, because all the things that 19 does better than 17, there are things that become worse because of those improvements. I don't mean to nitpick, I'm just giving a reason for my criticism, making sure that I hold the game responsible, not the modders.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Alcarin75

Post by Alcarin75 »

Six Ashes.

One of the best maps for PS4.
First hours playing, hoping that you will not have problems playing with mod Seasons and Straw Harvest.
I like to learn from everyone.
PS4 Player
Griffin Indiana Best Map
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

I love Lone Oak....but would love it more if it did not come with a default farm. Everything outside of main farm and horse stable can stay the same. Would have a much lower slot count then so I could build and terraform my own farm.