Promised features MIA?

Dexadrinne

Promised features MIA?

Post by Dexadrinne »

So what happened to 2 that i remember that have not been introduced?
Gears
Water/Rain on windshields
In regards to gears apparently they were looking at it and they didn't like where it was going? So does this mean it wont be implemented ever?
And i do recall water on the windshields was mentioned in features but i cannot find it :(

Regards.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Alagos

Re: Promised features MIA?

Post by Alagos »

The gearbox simulations they wanted to add will probably appear at a later stage. Though not for FS19.
Never even heard of water/rain on windshields as a feature :hmm:
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Nope, water on the windscreen was never mentioned by GIANTS. A remember a few discussions from us debating it, but GIANTS never stated it on Discord or here that I'm aware of.

As Alagos said, I'm sure gears (audio at least, hopefully the option of manual too) will come in the next game for the relatively few vehicles which support them.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Iirc, the gearbox feature was mentioned and initially confirmed as present as a correct CVT and Automatic (manual gearboxes fell under this category) boxes, but were removed as the team didn't like the way it worked, and didn't want it to be added as a half-thought out feature.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Derplodactyl wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:16 pm didn't want it to be added as a half-thought out feature.
Like chickens and sheep?
Like terrain editor?
Like placing buildings?
Like contracts?
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Isnt it a team of about 60 people? Thats very small by modern standards. Give it time. Maybe these features will be included in FS21.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

It’s not very small compared to modern standards, teams of 3-4 people are making great games, and instead of rushing them out every 2 years they take their time and do it right the first time.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

red, those folks r making games on pre existing game engines.. they don't even have to worry about that side of it.. the people working making the game engines in most cases will have a whole lot more than a couple people working on the engine
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:03 pm red, those folks r making games on pre existing game engines.. they don't even have to worry about that side of it.. the people working making the game engines in most cases will have a whole lot more than a couple people working on the engine
Giants barely touch their engine. Fs19 is the first major update in years.
My Discord
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

nope.. not doing it.. i was merely making an observation.. im not getting drawn into a debate about the quality of giants work.. not today.. srry
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ok?
My Discord
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

I will say yes giants is a small team, however that has been the same tune for 11 years now. How many copies sold? How many millions made? I think they could be a bit bigger and could polish each edition a bit more but they have come a long long way since the beginning. Every four years gets a major jump, they are pushing the envelope maybe not as fast as the consumer base would like but hey thems the breaks.
My biggest gripe this time around was 1 better ground more like spin tires and 2 seasons. I have a pc so i have seasons on there but when i do play xbox while rocking kids to sleep i would like to see it there too. I mean they hired a person from the seasons team and brought him to giants. Talked like it would be implemented into base, then no day one mod, okay no 1 week mod, uh we will get it out first month, then you guys need to stop asking about it. Uh what happened? Too much hype not enough production.
All that being said i am happy to farm on. And i hope giants continues to grow because i really do enjoy there games. So op, somethings didn't happen this time, maybe they will next time, play this series for a decade and watch how much it grows!
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

I feel I the biggest problem is they need to stop doing this every two year cycle. And when you really think about it it’s not evey two years for them as they still patch and make dlc for the last game for a good 18 months. So then you have an already small team stretched to braking point. I think that’s why the game was so bad on the day of launching it. They just do not have a big enough team to work on two games at the same time. Something has to give and the prof was there for all to see at the start. Yes I take my hate off to giants for working as fast as they could to fix the big game braking issues. But this is stuff that should have never have been there to need fixing in the first place. Some of it was sticking out like a sore thumb and makes you wonder how it was missed. I also feel with the size of the team at giants knowing that they have to make basically 3 versions of the game. One for pc. One for PS4 and one for Xbox. How is that for stretching staff. I honestly thing thin going in with a publisher was a big mistake. All they want is their money back on what they invested and that will push a small team to release a game that is simply not ready. I’ve seen this tome and time again with games over the years. EA are one of the worst for doing it to small developers.

I would soon rather they went down the path of a 3-4 year life span with dlc and say an expansion pack one a year to add a new crop type or something along them lines. Or to use the SCS model of have a game out that you just work on all the time to improve it and add dlc for making money to develop the game more and more. It’s a business model that is working awesome for them with a market sure getting bigger buy the year.

I feel if they took one of the two options it would make for what is an awesome game simply amazing as they would have the time to push the envelope.

Of course these are just my opinion and are based on my own observations and not fact based on speaking to giants. I obviously don’t know the ins and out what giants contracts are like and it’s not my place to know. It’s none of my business.

Just a side note on the seasons not being added from day one. It was said by giants that it could not be done in the base game because seasons was released to far down the line of the development of fs19. It would have ment to rebuild the coding from the ground up and that’s was simply impossible with the time they had left before release.

My on opinion on it though is seasons is something that should have always been part of the base game as seasons play the biggest part of a farmers life so o do think gangs have dropped the ball there tbh. Just happy it’s been done as a mod so at least we get that realism now.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

One word DEER it was removed due to performance issues.It took them months to get windshield wipers to work then we still had rain through buildings and vehicles at launch.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

pitstop25 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:58 pm I feel I the biggest problem is they need to stop doing this every two year cycle. And when you really think about it it’s not evey two years for them as they still patch and make dlc for the last game for a good 18 months. So then you have an already small team stretched to braking point. I think that’s why the game was so bad on the day of launching it. They just do not have a big enough team to work on two games at the same time.
I'm completely in agreement that the game would benefit from a three or even four year cycle, but equally I'm pretty sure discussion of features for the next game probably starts before release of the new game and development starts a week or two later (perhaps at the 1.2 patch level with FS19, given it introduced new features which will carry over into FS2x).

Regarding DLCs, by far and away the majority of the work involved is modelling and texturing the new machines. Those responsible for developing the game code generally don't model or texture - they're completely different jobs, so other than updates which support DLCs, enhancements to the code for FS2x won't have been held up by making DLCs.

I assume well before the game came out that they had already scheduled time for splitting work between FS19 DLCs and FS2x in terms of modelling content, but in terms of features I expect the coders would have been hard at work for a nearly a year now.

Remember by the time the final FS17 DLC came out they were already testing FS19, and while things still changed in the days leading up to release (and after release with further updates), much of the final weeks and months before release would have been testers finding bugs and the devs fixing them.

Of course there were plenty of bugs in the final release, but it's such a vast game now with potentially thousands of different ways of playing that bugs are inevitable - it's got nothing to do with players being beta testers as some claim, it's simply that it's impossible to iron out every bug prior to release, the same as any large project. That said, I do wish GIANTS chose some trusted community members to test the game under NDA in the weeks leading up to release, as some of the bugs were even found by the 'influencers' (I hate that term) while streaming. It's something I, as forum manager of FS-UK at the time, suggested to GIANTS a couple of times, either taking advantage of Frontier Design's excellent test team or perhaps FS-UK's. Had they taken up that suggestion, using any trusted testers, I think a lot of the issues surrounding FS19's release (other than the unfinished landscaping feature, which we knew nothing about) would have been avoided.