PSA

Untiedshoes

PSA

Post by Untiedshoes »

I feel like I owe it to my fellow console players, to pass on this piece of advice: Save your pennies and buy a laptop. For $540 I bought a middle of the road laptop, a $20 mouse, and the game is like a whole new game. Right now, the game seems limitless. I can connect it to my tv with a push of a button, I can use my ps4 controller, and use a steering wheel if I want. All for a bit more than what we paid for the PS4. And I can play anywhere I want. I’m currently playing a 4x map that I’ve always wanted to try with all the equipment and scripts I could ever want and I never worry about slots. And the game works beautifully. I’m glad I suffered through the console years, because I appreciate the game so much more now. After this, I wouldn’t even consider the newer upcoming consoles. For the money and experience, I wish I could have switched sooner.
Save your pennies like I did, hold a bake sale, sell your neighbors kids’ bikes, whatever. It’s worth waiting for.
Also, many thanks to the “old hands” for helping me out recently navigating through the particulars. That’s what makes this forum awesome. I’m going to have a ton more once I got my feet underneath me and load up seasons.
**PSA-public service announcement.
PrincessJessi84

Re: PSA

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Untiedshoes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:55 am sell your neighbors kids’ bikes
omfg :lol: :lol: now there is a can do attitude.. I think I peed a lil.. thanks :lol:

u win the internet for today.. everyone else can go on home.. the competition is over
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Untiedshoes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:55 am sell your neighbors kids’ bikes, whatever.
Gotta do what it takes to farm
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

This is just what I was looking for. I play on a PS4 and was considering switching to a laptop. This is very reassuring and I plan on doing just this. 11 out of 10 on the PSA!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Dairydeere wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:06 am This is just what I was looking for. I play on a PS4 and was considering switching to a laptop. This is very reassuring and I plan on doing just this. 11 out of 10 on the PSA!
My laptop is two years old and runs smooth as butter on it. Would recommend a cooling fan though
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
JRAD111

Post by JRAD111 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:21 am
Untiedshoes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:55 am sell your neighbors kids’ bikes, whatever.
Love it best post ever on here
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

But but that brand new PS5 is coming I have to have the latest and greatest.

This is exactly why when people say they can’t afford a PC yet they are all over this stuff just make me laugh.
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

wiseguy49 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:19 pm But but that brand new PS5 is coming I have to have the latest and greatest.

This is exactly why when people say they can’t afford a PC yet they are all over this stuff just make me laugh.
Yeah I think exactly the same. They will be more the happy to spend £600 on the next console and yet for the same money build a pc that will wipe the floor with any console plus it does way way way more. Absolutely no logic to it. And then they will not be happy because there will be still a slot count as there will have to be one. Just buy a pc and have more fun and never have to worry about it ever again 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

The thing with consoles is; games will just work. For at least the next six years, without any problem or having to upgrade the hardware to be able to play new games.

I was a PC guy for years, until I bought the first Xbox.
It cost me a fortune to keep that PC up to date. I don’t think my wife would appreciate it if I started doing that again.

Of course I’d love to have one again.
When I watch YouTube and see AgrarPlay play, it’s like he’s actually in a damn tractor! So awesome.
And Courseplay... so cool.

But oh well.
Maybe one time...
Ignorance is bliss
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Yeah I know what you are saying. Console is fine for pick up and play but I think the idea of the console has lost its place now days. They where done back in the day for people to play games in that did not have a home pc and done at a really good price. The problem is now that the tech that is needed for games the consoles have just got to the same price level as a pc. That’s why I won’t buy another console. I have them all but I won’t get the next gen. I get them for my bedroom but the cost is just to high. Especially with the added benefits of pc’s. Like every game I have bought in the last ten years still work and then I do a lot of 3d moddling now days. I definitely think with the way that games are being pushed so hard now that a pinch point will come where a console life span will no longer be able to be 10 years as the technology just won’t be good enough to render the game and no one is going to spend £600 or more every 5 years on a new console. Well nobody with any sense anyway. I think the only way for Sony and Microsoft to move into the future will be to do what google have done with that streaming games thing. I think it’s the only logical step forward they can make.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Untiedshoes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:55 am I feel like I owe it to my fellow console players, to pass on this piece of advice: Save your pennies and buy a laptop. For $540 I bought a middle of the road laptop, a $20 mouse, and the game is like a whole new game. Right now, the game seems limitless. I can connect it to my tv with a push of a button, I can use my ps4 controller, and use a steering wheel if I want. All for a bit more than what we paid for the PS4. And I can play anywhere I want. I’m currently playing a 4x map that I’ve always wanted to try with all the equipment and scripts I could ever want and I never worry about slots. And the game works beautifully. I’m glad I suffered through the console years, because I appreciate the game so much more now. After this, I wouldn’t even consider the newer upcoming consoles. For the money and experience, I wish I could have switched sooner.
Save your pennies like I did, hold a bake sale, sell your neighbors kids’ bikes, whatever. It’s worth waiting for.
Also, many thanks to the “old hands” for helping me out recently navigating through the particulars. That’s what makes this forum awesome. I’m going to have a ton more once I got my feet underneath me and load up seasons.
**PSA-public service announcement.
Just a question for you, but what 4x map are you playing on?
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

iwan073 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:09 pm The thing with consoles is; games will just work.
And they "just work" by limiting what you can have. It's why the mod collection for the consoles is limited instead of wide open like the PC. It's that way with most games too, not just FS. Graphics on the PC can do better, etc., etc.
Playing on PC
Coco granjero

Post by Coco granjero »

What reason do you have? PCs have always turned the consoles a thousand times in definition and, seeing the games that come out now, possibilities. My case is that I am a conformist and enjoy the game even without going to its full potential. with which the stations can be implemented I am already served. I do not say that in the future it will make me with pc hehehe. I have been playing farm games from the snes farm sim ......
thanks for the data people
Coco granjero

Post by Coco granjero »

The translator is a poop. but I understand I guess. computer: good. console: passable
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I hear what you're saying and I would like to have both! But I cannot, so I choose to stay on console to play with friends, in FS and other games. If I could have my cake and eat it too, I definitely would haha. The limitations *censored* and is my biggest obstacle, but man I enjoy the game so much now I don't care tbh. Wish I could dip my hands into modding and that is the #1 reason I would get a PC. My baby mama might stab me in my sleep though; or sell my kidney to pay for the PC.

I don't wanna wake up in a ice bath.
Last edited by adammac5858 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.