Jd cotton harvester??

NickCooper

Jd cotton harvester??

Post by NickCooper »

Did the jd cotton harvester get fix. So you can totally unload the machine. Thanks Nick
ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Jd cotton harvester??

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Nope. Did my first ever cotton harvest yesterday and can't get the last bit out so I can't fold it down and get it back in the shed. :confusednew:
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:12 pm Nope. Did my first ever cotton harvest yesterday and can't get the last bit out so I can't fold it down and get it back in the shed. :confusednew:
Reset it.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:29 pm
ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:12 pm Nope. Did my first ever cotton harvest yesterday and can't get the last bit out so I can't fold it down and get it back in the shed. :confusednew:
Reset it.
Cotton is worth to much money for that.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I posted a bug report about it right after it was released and heard nothing back from giants.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

What's the least amount it will unload?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:02 pm What's the least amount it will unload?
I haven't tried it but it sounds like it'll only unload a full bale
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:40 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:02 pm What's the least amount it will unload?
I haven't tried it but it sounds like it'll only unload a full bale
Not a full bale i think 2500 liter that goes in to the hopper
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Whist not a solution to the problem, it does give me some food for thought on an edit I’m working on of this harvester. Might be worth me modifying the hopper capacity to make it smaller and increase the actual bale capacity instead. That way if you do need to reset the harvester to fix the folding issue, you won’t have anywhere near as much cotton in the hopper to lose.

Edit: In fact looking at the xml, I just need to change value on one line to allow it to fold:
<fillUnits allowFoldingWhileFilled="false" allowFoldingThreshold="2500">
So editing that means I wouldn't need to adjust any of the internal hopper or bale capacities.
Last edited by cwattyeso on Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:04 pm Whist not a solution to the problem, it does give me some food for thought on an edit I’m working on of this harvester. Might be worth me modifying the hopper capacity to make it smaller and increase the actual bale capacity instead. That way if you do need to reset the harvester to fix the folding issue, you won’t have anywhere near as much cotton in the hopper to lose.
JD Cotton harvester is as protected as the Claas DLC. So no edits of that one unless strictly private.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Another thing to try with the Cotton Baler would be to see if the Unfinished Bale Mod will let you empty and unload it fully. Might have to tweak the settings in the mod to get it to empty at the correct fill level percentage.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Gerbrand

Post by Gerbrand »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:04 pm Whist not a solution to the problem, it does give me some food for thought on an edit I’m working on of this harvester. Might be worth me modifying the hopper capacity to make it smaller and increase the actual bale capacity instead. That way if you do need to reset the harvester to fix the folding issue, you won’t have anywhere near as much cotton in the hopper to lose.

Edit: In fact looking at the xml, I just need to change value on one line to allow it to fold:
<fillUnits allowFoldingWhileFilled="false" allowFoldingThreshold="2500">
So editing that means I wouldn't need to adjust any of the internal hopper or bale capacities.
I had also problem that the CottonPicker did not fold when having more than 375 l cotton in the pre-chamber (2500l capacity). However increasing the threshold from 2500 up did not solve this. The solution for FS22 which I have tested (and it works) was to change - in the <combine> section - following :
<folding allowWhileThreshing="false" />
in
<folding allowWhileThreshing="false" fillLevelThresholdPct="1" /> <!-- where 1 equals 100% of 2500l capacity -->
for FS19 maybe a solution is (I have not tested this):
<folding allowWhileThreshing="false" fillLevelThreshold="2500" />
I base this on FS19 LUA.DOC :
entry.foldFillLevelThreshold = Utils.getNoNil(getXMLFloat(xmlFile, baseKey .. ".folding#fillLevelThreshold"),
(self:getFillUnitCapacity(entry.fillUnitIndex) or 0.04) * 0.15)
Pls notice that folding the cottonpicker till 15% (0.15*2500=375) was available.

I hope this helps all concerned ;)