New save game for seasons console?

SandyBay19

New save game for seasons console?

Post by SandyBay19 »

Hi

Just a little question, if I start a new game save on a seasons ready map (Manor for example) and spend hours on it; when seasons will be out for consoles, will I need to start a new game save or can I continue the current one?

Thanks for answer

I'm asking this because my top one map Shamrock will be out in November and I don't want to spend 150 hours on it for nothing when seasons will be out...
Last edited by SandyBay19 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
wombles

Re: New save game for seasons console?

Post by wombles »

You'll need too start a new game sadly. Well you don't have too, but things such as animals will be messed up.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Not sure for console but on pc I normally have a in game day setting up on a map before launching seasons. Apart from the crop growth resetting I've not had any issues, yet........
How the animals now work is vastly different compare with 17 so I never have any whilst setting up as I'm not sure if that would complicate things.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Though I always start a new game save when something such as seasons, that changes so much of the game play. The amount of hours that you could invest in a save, to me it wouldn't be worth the risk. Too be fair OP you could be ready for a new game save any way before seasons comes too console.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I think about this all the time, and I decided to delete all but 3 game saves. I will attempt seasons on them, but am ready to build from scratch if I have to. Worth it.

On 17, my brother and I started seasons on an existing save on Sussex. Never had any problems but 19s seasons is expanded so much more.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

SandyBay19 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:53 pm Hi

Just a little question, if I start a new game save on a seasons ready map (Manor for example) and spend hours on it; when seasons will be out for consoles, will I need to start a new game save or can I continue the current one?

Thanks for answer

I'm asking this because my top one map Shamrock will be out in November and I don't want to spend 150 hours on it for nothing when seasons will be out...
nope you won't have to start a new save just make sure you harvest any crop's you want before adding Seasons as it will ask if you want to reset all the Fields or not and it's recommended that you reset the fields so the planting and harvesting is in sink with which ever GEO you happen to pick to use. this much i know for a fact as i watched someone who showed the new additions for seasons in fs19 pre-release for pc and he made it clear that don't need a new save. here is a link to the video where he covers adding seasons to an existing save. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9eh4HvvIgI
garyst

Post by garyst »

I want to add seasons to my lone oak save game when it's released that me and my brother been working on. We only grow corn, cotton, soybeans, and do a little bit of hay just for fun. I plan on having all my crops harvested before using seasons, but I will have some fields cultivated, some plowed, and some just with the left over chaff from harvest. Will those fields reset to something different or stay as I had them before installing seasons? Also we extended a couple of the fields and made one of our own by cutting the trees and landscaping the ground in a wooded area of the map. Will that be a problem? We really don't want to start over because we very much like the farm we have created and would take a very long time to make it all over again.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I'm not sure that marwell manor has been released with the seasons update for console as I have played that map pretty much every week since it's been out and don't remember doing an update. I know the modhub states that it's updated for seasons in the 1.2.0.0 change log but I think that was only released for PC. the modhub is not very good at letting you know these details at times
SandyBay19

Post by SandyBay19 »

ace54858 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:32 pm
SandyBay19 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:53 pm Hi

Thanks for answer

nope you won't have to start a new save just make sure you harvest any crop's you want before adding Seasons as it will ask if you want to reset all the Fields or not and it's recommended that you reset the fields so the planting and harvesting is in sink with which ever GEO you happen to pick to use. this much i know for a fact as i watched someone who showed the new additions for seasons in fs19 pre-release for pc and he made it clear that don't need a new save. here is a link to the video where he covers adding seasons to an existing save. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9eh4HvvIgI

Thanks ✌️
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

I feel like it's gonna be a long time yet before it is released, so I wouldn't worry about your save. You'll probably be ready to start a new map by then anyway.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
SandyBay19

Post by SandyBay19 »

Will I need a new save game on Shamrock Valley when seasons will be released?

Already few goods hours on it... Everything is set up

Thanks
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

You shouldn't, no.

But that isn't always the case. Lot of info in the thread above. I have a couple game saves I will test seasons out on......and I deleted the others just got in case, ti open up some game save slots!
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Is it possible to create a duplicate save game on xbox so if seasons doesnt work right on my farm i can just go back to the other save that doesn't have seasons on it?
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

garyst wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:16 pm Is it possible to create a duplicate save game on xbox so if seasons doesnt work right on my farm i can just go back to the other save that doesn't have seasons on it?
nope not on xbox we can't pc can but not xbox as we can't copy a save.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

garyst wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:16 pm Is it possible to create a duplicate save game on xbox so if seasons doesnt work right on my farm i can just go back to the other save that doesn't have seasons on it?
Surely all you have to do is try it and don’t save if it messes things up?