New save game for seasons console?

CrashhawkCE

Re: New save game for seasons console?

Post by CrashhawkCE »

What I would recommend is that you sell all of the animals that you have on the map, either harvest and clear every field that you own, put all of your hay and straw bales under cover and when you add seasons to your map be sure to click yes to reset all of your fields. I have streamed thousands of hours on FS17 and FS19 on mixer and I've never had a problem doing it this way. I would caution anyone to not change your GEO for any reason during the year. The only time that I've found it can work is during the winter months but even then it's dicey. Just my $0.02.

Happy Farming Y'all!
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

CrashhawkCE wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:26 pm What I would recommend is that you sell all of the animals that you have on the map, either harvest and clear every field that you own, put all of your hay and straw bales under cover and when you add seasons to your map be sure to click yes to reset all of your fields. I have streamed thousands of hours on FS17 and FS19 on mixer and I've never had a problem doing it this way. I would caution anyone to not change your GEO for any reason during the year. The only time that I've found it can work is during the winter months but even then it's dicey. Just my $0.02.

Happy Farming Y'all!
Good advice and thanx
garyst

Post by garyst »

ace54858 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:22 pm
garyst wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:16 pm Is it possible to create a duplicate save game on xbox so if seasons doesnt work right on my farm i can just go back to the other save that doesn't have seasons on it?
nope not on xbox we can't pc can but not xbox as we can't copy a save.
How about a usb flash drive? Is it possible to save my current game to one, remove the drive, save the seasons game to the Xbox and if I decide I don't like seasons just delete the save from the Xbox and retrieve my old save game from the flash drive?
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

On ps4 with ps plus you can save to the cloud. As long as you have auto upload turned off, it won't overwrite it. Does xbox not have something similar?
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

garyst wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:43 pm
ace54858 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:22 pm
garyst wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:16 pm Is it possible to create a duplicate save game on xbox so if seasons doesnt work right on my farm i can just go back to the other save that doesn't have seasons on it?
nope not on xbox we can't pc can but not xbox as we can't copy a save.
How about a usb flash drive? Is it possible to save my current game to one, remove the drive, save the seasons game to the Xbox and if I decide I don't like seasons just delete the save from the Xbox and retrieve my old save game from the flash drive?
not sure if a usb flash drive would work i know external hard drives can be used for more game space and such and have to be usb 3.0, i would just say turn off the auto save and try seasons for awhile see if you like it or not that way if you don't like it you won't lose anything other then what you happen to do while trying seasons and can always save it if you like it.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Vfarms wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:49 pm On ps4 with ps plus you can save to the cloud. As long as you have auto upload turned off, it won't overwrite it. Does xbox not have something similar?
kinda in a way yeah but more for playing on other xbox's then say main like say go over to a friend's you can sign-in with your acct and get what was saved to the cloud but say if a fs map save is deleted and someone only has 1 xbox it's gone and would have to start over but if have more then one xbox then ya as each has there own save of a map save.
garyst

Post by garyst »

ace54858 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:59 am
Vfarms wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:49 pm On ps4 with ps plus you can save to the cloud. As long as you have auto upload turned off, it won't overwrite it. Does xbox not have something similar?
kinda in a way yeah but more for playing on other xbox's then say main like say go over to a friend's you can sign-in with your acct and get what was saved to the cloud but say if a fs map save is deleted and someone only has 1 xbox it's gone and would have to start over but if have more then one xbox then ya as each has there own save of a map save.
So if I understand you correctly me and my brother can go onto multiplayer on my lone oak save, he can save the game and it will create a new save game on his xbox? Then if I decide not to use seasons after I already saved my game with seasons on I can just delete my save, let him go onto multiplayer with the old save game and I join and save it back onto my xbox and I will have back my old save before I installed seasons? Sorry for all the questions and thanks to all who responded. The only thing i am really worried about when using seasons on my current save is the fields we expanded and created ouselves. If any weird glitches or anything could mess up during the season on those fields because they weren't original to the map. If I knew nothing would go wrong with those fields I wouldn't even be worried about creating a back-up save.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Easiest thing is not to save. Turn off autosave.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Crazof wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:16 pm I'm not sure that marwell manor has been released with the seasons update for console as I have played that map pretty much every week since it's been out and don't remember doing an update. I know the modhub states that it's updated for seasons in the 1.2.0.0 change log but I think that was only released for PC. the modhub is not very good at letting you know these details at times
Oxy will have an update for Marwell that fixes a few things (I think lighting) and adds season ready but is waiting for seasons to release before updating. I gave up on Marwell long ago.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs