OCD Players Unite!

chedly_farms

OCD Players Unite!

Post by chedly_farms »

Lol, I need a lighthearted thread. So I figured I'd talk about my OCD. I am an American but I love playing on Euro maps. I love Euro styled/spec equipment. But from time to time, I get a "hankering" to use some American spec/styled machines and equipment. My right brain is like, "YES! this is gonna be so cool!" But at the same time my left brain is all like "Your such an *$#%§*! they wouldn't use a Brent grain cart in the southern UK! And what do you need row crop tires for anyways?" More times than not, my left brain wins out. But I've been trying to slowly ease it over to the dark side, lol. Do any other players have issues with themselves trying to use equipment that they know would not be used, based on the map they are on? I see quite a few Youtubers have no issues with this. I want to be like them. lol.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
JayC

Re: OCD Players Unite!

Post by JayC »

I do the same thing. lol I'm American, too, but prefer the UK and European styled maps. I'm scratching my American style itch with Lone Oak right now, making it as authentic as possible. However, if I want to use something like an American styled piece of equipment on, say, a UK map, I look up the real brand's website. If they have at least one dealer in the UK, I'm golden. That's my justification for being able to use it. lol I've been using the Anderson equipment on Marwell, like that, because Anderson has a dealer in the UK. On the flip side of the coin I'm tempted to bring a Xerion, with duals, to my Lone Oak farm.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

My Fendt 1000 Vario feels outta place on Pacific NW, but I love it too much. My problem is design of my farm, my OCD gets to where one thing is out of place by just a bit and the collision detection wont let me place a new one.....or I hate something I did 3 hours ago and built around it. I delete the 10 hour game save and start all over again.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Based on trade relations between the Europe and North America, I don't see any issue. Rationalization would be that the equipment is used and the extra cost is made up via shipping. There are only two things that bug me a lot about the game in regards to Europe vs North America.

1) Banded duals, mainly because it's not that hard to do the rimmed duals because modders come out with them in under a couple months. Giants also spent the time to do narrow duals on the Case IH tractors and Xerion.
2) The lift arms with front weights look weird on the Deere 8R series, but that's relatively minor.

The youtuber onelonelyfarmer bought 2 Deere tractors from Europe and they work fine; more so considering a lot of the Eastern US is similar to Europe in that there is a lot more traffic and roads are narrower.

My other gripes I don't think are Europe vs North America thing, so much as Giants being about 10 years behind on farming technology (no-till planters, chisel plowing/rippers, anhydrous)
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

JayC wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:12 pm If they have at least one dealer in the UK, I'm golden.
I just looked up Fendt dealers, there is one in Eugene, OR. Makes me feel so much better, thanks!!
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm OCD about a lot of things in FS, but regional equipment choice generally isn't one of them. I use what I want to use on whatever map. I do like to stick with the same brand on a particular map as much as possible. Probably why I was so happy about the Claas DLC.

My OCDness rears it's ugly head in having semi-realistic crop rotations and developing a "story" for each farm in my head. I have bought a new tractor or changed brands of the whole fleet completely and then an hour later hated it and changed again. For example, I bought a new Claas Axion 960 as soon as I got it downloaded. Then I sold it for the Magnum that recently showed up in the modhub. That tractor was nice but the sounds made my ears bleed so I sold it for an Axion 870. I'm happy with that for now. :lol: Lost a ton of money in the transactions but whatever.
Last edited by fenixguy on Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
wombles

Post by wombles »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 pmI see quite a few Youtubers have no issues with this. I want to be like them. lol.
This is what I think constantly while watching Mrsealyp, and because of him I wake in a cold sweat every time I try it :frown: .
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I make mental notes of the equipment in 4 distinct categories.

USA: JD, Case (Canada is USA+MF)
Euro: Fendt, Claas, NH
UK+Eire: Euro, 4D Modding, MF
East Euro: Zetor, Ursus, Fortschritt

The same goes for implements, although we're missing a lot of what's used in the USA.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:23 pm I'm OCD about a lot of things in FS, but regional equipment choice generally isn't one of them. I use what I want to use on whatever map. I do like to stick with the same brand on a particular map as much as possible. Probably why I was so happy about the Claas DLC.

My OCDness rears it's ugly head in having semi-realistic crop rotations and developing a "story" for each farm in my head. I have bought a new tractor or changed brands of the whole fleet completely and then an hour later hated it and changed again. For example, I bought a new Claas Axion 960 as soon as I got it downloaded. Then I sold it for the Magnum that recently showed up in the modhub. That tractor was nice but the sounds made my ears bleed so I sold it for an Axion 870. I'm happy with that for now. :lol: Lost a ton of money in the transactions but whatever.
You are me! (kinda sorta anyway :))

On FS17 I was playing Thornton and earned enough money to trade in my Bizon combine ... so I had a whole back story about what went wrong with it and why it had to be changed ... then in FS I got a lot of Claas combines but mix and matching the headers (a bad idea as I found out) gave lots of problems ... which morphed into a back story about having a "Dealer's Demo" on my farm ...

... and I ended up with the Sampo Rosenlew Comia C6, and a story about a new dealership!

Back to the OP ... yes, it triggers me too but I get around it by constructing a narrative explanation.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

My issue is that I feel I have to buy equipment in the right size. Cant jump from a small tractor and to a large one. I have to buy the 6R from JD before the 7R. And so on 🙈
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
wombles

Post by wombles »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:43 pm On FS17 I was playing Thornton and earned enough money to trade in my Bizon combine ... so I had a whole back story about what went wrong with it and why it had to be changed ... then in FS I got a lot of Claas combines but mix and matching the headers (a bad idea as I found out) gave lots of problems ... which morphed into a back story about having a "Dealer's Demo" on my farm ...

... and I ended up with the Sampo Rosenlew Comia C6, and a story about a new dealership!
Thank you Blue Painted, it has just hit why I can't get a really good story going in any of the maps on FS19. I can get a story going but it eventually dies/becomes boring, Oakfield nearly hits it. Your comment about Thornton and the back story just clicked, that map just oozed character, don't even want to think about the hour's I put into that map. :hmm: wonder is Oxy easy bribed for the next conversion :biggrin2: .
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I must admit I hadn't tended to take any notice of the US or European Thing regarding tractor or vehicle configurations when I played. My OCD has tended to come in the from that everything I use on a map must be from one brand and if not possible to get tools and stuff for that brand, at least tools I can colour paint to match the brand. I have also pretty much spent majority of my time playing American Maps and stuff because being a UK Person, who lives in a County with a lot of agriculture and countryside, I wasn't all that interested in playing something I could see looking out my own windows.

However I've decided recently my next multiplayer map is going to be a UK Map, most likely Greenwich Valley, and since then, I've found myself taking mental notes when travelling around my region, at the real life tractors and stuff that farmers use in my area, so that maybe if they exist in Farm Simulator 19, I can get them to use on the new multiplayer map and make it more realistic. So I'm definitely keeping my eyes out for Fendts, Claas, New Holland, Valtra and some Ford/JCB stuff for inclusion on the modlist for my next server.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

there r a bunch of things.. but regional equipment isn't really one of them (honestly I really don't care about brands at all.. even my love for the new claas stuff, comes from its detail and functionality.. does it fit the farm and look nice while doing it?!.. for me its my story.. I LOVE living out a story in the game.. but it absolutely depends on the map.. little details.. do I have a house where I can go inside and have lunch or sleep in my bed? how is the dealership? can I go inside and haggle with the sales people? how about a nice gas station? I don't wanna pull up next to some random barrel or tank in the middle of nowhere to refuel.. please don't tell me the fields r too flat.. I love a mix.. and I hate grid style roads.. how about details? if I clean up my farm that's one thing.. but I don't want some super clean farm.. give me some weeds to chop.. some old rusty equipment to haul out.. maybe one of the biggest ones r the "forests" with perfect lines and rows of trees.. ewww that's a big ol no from me.. too many towns is a big old no no for me too.. I like a map with one or two small towns or villages but not more than that.. I like one or two sale points.. having a bunch of sale points in a rural area is too much (honestly having even one grain elevator in an area is too much in most rural areas but we need them for the game so I cope as best as I can lol).. but yea its things like that for me
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

wombles wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:23 pm
blue_painted wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:43 pm On FS17 I was playing Thornton and earned enough money to trade in my Bizon combine ... so I had a whole back story about what went wrong with it and why it had to be changed ... then in FS I got a lot of Claas combines but mix and matching the headers (a bad idea as I found out) gave lots of problems ... which morphed into a back story about having a "Dealer's Demo" on my farm ...

Thank you Blue Painted, it has just hit why I can't get a really good story going in any of the maps on FS19. I can get a story going but it eventually dies/becomes boring, Oakfield nearly hits it. Your comment about Thornton and the back story just clicked, that map just oozed character, don't even want to think about the hour's I put into that map. :hmm: wonder is Oxy easy bribed for the next conversion :biggrin2: .
I had a GREAT story on Oakfield ... so much so that I can't go back on FS19 because it feels like it's "done" now. That story only ended when the farm got so big that I was using CoursePlay and GPS so much that there was really little point in me being there at all.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere Oxy say he had Thornton and Chellington on the list.

I've got much looser stories in FS19. Like you I think, I can't quite work out why they don't quite gel: maybe because I've got a set of routines that already work? So it is much more "do over"...?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

My OCD deals more with maps that have crops on them that are not grown in the area the map represents. While not a deal breaker, it would also be nice to have the proper equipment that is indigenous to the map.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.