Does money cheat ruin your game ?

Ado239

Re: Does money cheat ruin your game ?

Post by Ado239 »

I used the money cheat once to put 100 million into a map where i try out stuff away from proper game play.
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
player1s

Post by player1s »

I used it for a seperate save for my kids (3 & 5). It allows me to buy whatever I want so if my daughter says she wants to drive a red tractor, I just show her all the red one's and she picks one.

Also use it to test certain mods before potentially implementing them into my own save-games.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

I'm into logging, I make so much money I don't know what to do with it. No need for a money cheat. I really wish money was harder to come by. I actually remove money using the EasyDevControls mod.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

mikejl46 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:52 pm I make so much money I don't know what to do with it.
Maybe they should make a farmers wife mod, that would take care of you having too much money!! :lol:
wombles

Post by wombles »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:32 pm
mikejl46 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:52 pm I make so much money I don't know what to do with it.
Maybe they should make a farmers wife mod, that would take care of you having too much money!! :lol:
Good one :lol: . Thanks Lee was having one stuff day, now I have too go back to it :frown: .
JayC

Post by JayC »

I've been playing since FS2011, and I used to be strict no money cheat. I refused to cheat in money in 2011. For most of FS2013's life, I didn't cheat money either. I've served my time doing it legit. Now, though, I don't care anymore. I even have cheat mode enabled in the console. I can get so burnt out on Farm Sim I would long lost interest before getting enough money to buy the big stuff. Last time I got burnt out, I stopped playing Farm Sim when Shamrock Valley was released for FS17 and didn't play it again until Marwell Manor was released for FS19. I stopped following all news and stopped watching any Farm Sim related videos. I was done, and went on a complete Farm Sim blackout. I play Farm Sim in a more metered tone now. For me, the fun in Farm Sim comes from playing as realistic as possible, rather than getting everything without cheating. I've always played Farm Sim in first person for nearly everything I do. When harvesting, I will run the combine at slow speeds. Same when working fields. I also don't use the helper that much. Never have. I like doing it all myself. When I make a farm on a map, I already have a theme in my head for that farm. I use money cheats to set up that theme initially. If I make any changes I usually use the money I earn, or take out a loan, to make the change.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

wombles wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:54 am I think so, I normally edit the amount I start with down too about forty thousand. The fun for me is in the build up, as you say it gets dull when you have millions in the bank. What I can't understand is the cheap fields on some maps, it's not like money is hard to get in this game.
I totally agree, the build up is the fun. I increased the cost per ha from 13000 to 30000, plays on hardmode and not doing any contracts. I have only one tractor yet, and could just recently buy a combine. Now its my 6th season and still I have $280000 left on my $420000 loan. And since my 130hp tractor made me use 3,5h to seed 12ha with sunflower I really cant wait for the John Deere premium 7xxx.

Build build build! Sloooooowly 🤠🤠
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

how else are you going to try new stuff right off the bat? Honestly for me I like to create a farm the way i want. I have a save game that is my constant, then i have several others that are built for different set ups and or farm types. Money cheat is needed for this. I just want to farm
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
kevthedev

Post by kevthedev »

Iv never used cheats like that tbh.
However, I do find myself editing sell point files to give crops a much higher price. Sometimes I also give myself the odd field or a few million on the save files.

I do wish i didn't start doing this though :(
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

dapals51 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:14 pm how else are you going to try new stuff right off the bat?
Loan and lease is how I do it. *thumbsup*
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Eische wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:49 am
I'm nearly 40years old. My playstyle:
- reduces cost for land from default 60000/ha to 21000/ha
- starting out with ~6-7ha for small (3-4m)
Is this the baseprice on most maps?
Eische

Post by Eische »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:51 pm
Eische wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:49 am
- reduces cost for land from default 60000/ha to 21000/ha
Is this the baseprice on most maps?
Yes. It is the default value for maps by Giants. Most modders stick to this value.
Just keep in mind that this value is applied on the whole patch of land you are buying, not only to the field.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Omg! That mean I have to double the price from what I have now😂. Couldnt afford a new field in like three seasons. Its 2025 before Im able to buy the dairyfarm on county Line🤠
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I've done both methods and still do. I like to modify maps very much. I use Farm Subsidy if I know I like a map and want a very complex map with tons of things to do. I use the mod to get a large sum of money so I can put what I want where I want. I want many different things to do and all the animals and tasks. After these things are done, I switch to real time and ride dozens of horses, feed them from the farm, do missions and grow greenhouses and olive trees, etc. I act as though I inherited a huge farm and money. It isn't as easy as it sounds. As I said, I do this if I love the map and want to play it for a long time. I always play a map at defaults first, though. :mrgreen:

It may be my age. I'm a 73 yr old female with time on my hands.
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

Super T Agriculture wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:20 am I have to agree it does zap the enthusiasm when you can just place a sign (or signs) down for a few hours an hey presto you've got multiple zeros on the end of your bank balance. Having said that it has come in handy when swapping to a new map and you want to pretend you've sold off your previous farm to fund it.
I absolutely love the idea!
I've learnt about the gov.sub. yesterday and my enthusiasm for the game dropped instantly.
But to estimate your old farm to start with money on new map... Brilliant!
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours