Does money cheat ruin your game ?

Tylercheesey1986

Re: Does money cheat ruin your game ?

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I used it to cheat some gazillions on Wola Zabierzowska in start from scratch to buy the land north of the dyke and river, terraform a plateau, with road winding down similar to PNW, saved. Then made sure I had room for everything I wanted by placing it all then while I was rich built the farm of my dreams, quit reload save, then cheated money out to be broke as $0 in bank, doing contracts and working on buying most of the land to eventually build that huge farm on the plateau
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

To have £9371482950527853 yeah, ruins it imo

Because of the few maps I wanted to play, and the amount of work I have had of recent, I haven't had time to play totally legit and try all the maps and mods I'd like.

To compromise, I've added enough to get some nice, basic, low end machines (different to the usual starting equipment) which I can change out later with legit earned cash, and a couple of extra small fields. Then I alter the bank balance to 25k and play legit.

That's how it works best for me, and I have no shame in that. :)
Last edited by Derplodactyl on Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Eische wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:49 am Just my 2 cents here:
- Who is forcing you to use the subsidy mod for a longer time giving you a lot of money?
- Everyone plays in a different way
- Every map provides different starting conditions (equipment, total starting field area, pre-placed animal pens, ...)

This mods provides a in-game function to generate a high amount of money rather quickly. It is especially useful for console players who are unable to modify xml files.
The main problem is, that the default maps from Giants are too much of a grind even with easy economy. Yes, there are players enjoying this grind. But please respect the other players who do not like the grind. It is not necessarily bound to age.

I'm nearly 40years old. My playstyle:
- reduces cost for land from default 60000/ha to 21000/ha
- starting out with ~6-7ha for small (3-4m) machinery
- normal economy setting, slow plant growth (no seasons)
- placing animal pens at the start to get manure/slurry as I don't use artificial fertilizer
- cheating money to set up my start like this. After setup is finished I set my money to 50000 and start playing
- I use Cattlebreeds and Pigbreeding mods with adjusted values as default manure/slurry production is just too low
- no usage of autoload wood/bale trailers
- no usage of CP or default helpers. I use followMe for chopping corn only (leased forage harvester)

Fair play chum , & nobodys being forced to use it I'm just wondering 'how' people use it life at all, I do use it still but only for a decent cash injection at the start if needed but it's rare now , I seem to enjoy the bank loan option more, but when I first became aware of it , it was like a bit over kill & ended up deleting a 50 hr map, wise to it now .

I'm 50 next year , looks like many of us have very similar playing styles & set patterns
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

No shame in that Derp.
Its all about doing it YOUR own way
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

For me it kills it as well. Although using it for rp is fun. I like to use it at the start of the game some times, but never in the middle of a game for no reason other then to buy that fancy new combine.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I'm only using money cheat at the beggining of a game (start from scratch) in order to build the minimal farm (some shed, silo, etc.) No animals, normally 1 tractor + plow + seed + fertilize.

Just a little to start with and be able to make some contacts.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Using the Government Subsidy does ruin things from time to time. But I do wish we had a money cheat on console that I can put in an exact amount. Reason being, I want to test machines before I buy, kind of like a demo which you find a lot of. There are a lot of times where I work up to buy something, only to strongly dislike using it, because it doesn't work how I envisioned it. But I don't like the Government Subsidy because it gives me way too much money most times for "demo'n" machines.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've honestly never used it. Leasing is way too easy and cheap to get a big piece of equipment to use for a couple hours. The loan cap is so high, I can't ever see a need to cheat money. If I want to buy something to test, I'll save first and quit after I'm done testing.

As soon as I have enough money to buy whatever I want to and I own all the land that I want to, I find another map to play.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Think I am like most on here, love playing a new map but as soon as I have made enough money that I can buy everything I need and the farm becomes self sufficient I start looking for a new map. I have said before that these maps deserve so much more of our time but once the challenge is gone so is the enthusiasm !
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Play however you want and you find fun. How others play is irrelevant other than incorporating parts of their play style you like into your game play.

Farm Sim has two issues with the economy from my perspective:

1) The player is actively punished for experimenting; meaning if you buy something and don't like it, you loose money. Seasons fixes this for equipment that has less than 1 hour on it, but placable still have issues. In addition, the landscaping tool can be a huge money sink if something doesn't work out as intended and the player then spends the next hour trying to fix it.
2) It's not like things are balanced well anyway. For example, corn generates about 2x the revenue per acre as wheat and soybeans about 1.4x the revenue per acre as wheat. In the game, they are all the same, with wheat actually being better if you add in the straw prices. All the revenue generators in the base game are balanced around how much player time it takes to accomplish the task, not on any real world economics of the crops. This is why dairy cattle generate stuff money in the game, but IRL dairy farms have tons of revenue (and cost).

I have played from the Farm Manager start all the way to making a million per day and owning a good portion of the map. I don't want to replay the first month of that experience on any map because I don't find it fun, especially on seasons. Therefore I typically start with around 5 million and work my way up from there. 5 million seems to be a good starting point for seasons to allow the player to purchase enough land to stay busy and feel like they are progressing without feeling like they are stuck.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:47 pm Using the Government Subsidy does ruin things from time to time. But I do wish we had a money cheat on console that I can put in an exact amount. Reason being, I want to test machines before I buy, kind of like a demo which you find a lot of. There are a lot of times where I work up to buy something, only to strongly dislike using it, because it doesn't work how I envisioned it. But I don't like the Government Subsidy because it gives me way too much money most times for "demo'n" machines.
Didn't Seasons for FS17 let you buy a piece of equipment and use it up to 0.5 hours on the meter without the value drop? If I remember right it was like having a demo. You could buy it, use it for up to that half hour and sell it without losing money. Does anyone know if Seasons in 19 does the same thing?
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

It does to some extent, but what I do for smaller machines like balers or telehandlers is lease them, keep for about 5hrs use and then return, and if I like it I will buy it. 5h gives me about enough time to try it out properly.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

We use the cheat on multiplayer on console to get what we want for starting equipment and fields.
For instance when CLAAS came out we created a game on Wola where we each picked a starting farm with sheds and a silo, 3 fields, the 2 smallest tractors by CLAAS, 2 dominators with headers, 2 different planters, 2 plows, and 2 cultivators. We left ourselves with a small amount of money then put the rest into a 3rd farm and deleted it. Now we continue to farm until we upgrade our CLAAS fleet to get bigger and better while upgrading our farm. Use the economy setting to do this slowly or quickly. Either way it’s a blast.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I enjoy it for roleplay also. On starting Pacific NW, I inherited a few fields and a farm house from my grandparents when they passed. (RIP grams and gramps) However, they had sold all machinery and implements. So I buy fields and a farmhouse, then get my money to $0. That is my farm. I now have take a decent loan out to get equipment and get this family farm rolling!
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I too use the Government Subsidy mod to attain enough funds to get what I consider the minimum amount of equipment and farm lands to sustain itself. Once I feel the farm can sustain itself I "sell" the Government subsidy signs.

I have also used it to recover from an error that essentially wiped out my farm. I had a couple hundred acres and all the equipment I needed plus a nice amount in the bank on my Michigan map and suddenly was faced with a permanent snow cover even through the summer into fall. I had proved the seasons warning on too fast of time advancement was correct. I needed to start over and I felt justified in building up a bank account that would get me back to where I had been.

It reminded me of a former sales manager's philosophy when I was working. He said he wanted only two things in life: An un-fair advantage and then a second chance. So I guess I used his philosophy to recover the error.

But is all up to each of us to determine the best way to enjoy this overly addictive and enjoyable game.

Happy farming to all - game and irl.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan