Does money cheat ruin your game ?

PrincessJessi84

Re: Does money cheat ruin your game ?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

i don't personally use any cheat mods.. aside from there being no real point on pc as i can literally edit every aspect of the game (except the paid dlc) to my liking, my farms r typically so small that i can just get by with whatever im started with (or in most cases much much less)..
but my short answer to the question.. no i don't believe it does.. my long answer.. honestly i don't believe there really is any wrong way to play this game.. this is y farming simulator is so much more popular than most other simulators.. its not the quality or anything like that.. its the options available combined with the fact that its literally an open world where u can do what u want to do including not farm.. fs19 gives more freedom than previous editions even in that u don't even have to own land in this version.. or u can own all of it of course.. your imagination is the only REAL limitation of the game
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I don't like the Government Subsidy mod, I like whichever one that is that gifts you $1million with Ctrl+alt+0 or whatever that is.
I will typically spot myself a few million start up capital though, every so often I will find a map that I want to start from default and work up from there with little equipment but that gets tedious to do every time working a single field 3m at a time then speeding ahead days until there is something else to do, again 3m at a time.
Depending on the map and what I want to be doing in that game I will start out with $1-8million to get started and then that is it for money cheats. I usually shoot to start as a small-medium farm for the area.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

I don’t think it does because it’s a choice to use money cheats or not. This is kind of the same thing as the big field flipping debate a couple of weeks ago. There is no right or wrong way to do things. If you want to use a money cheat that cool. If not that’s cool as well. Sometimes I will add a couple of pennies in when I’m starting out and sometimes I don’t. But as I say it’s each to there own. As long as you have fun and enjoy your game that’s all that matters 🤗🤗🤗
Last edited by Reed Engineering on Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
PrincessJessi84

exactly! the only time u owe and explanation is if u r starting a multiplayer game with someone.. then its best to sit down and discuss strategy and stuff so both people (or more) r able to have fun and enjoy the game.. otherwise u do u.. other people do themselves.. everyone wins
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've never used the Subsidy mod because I'm on PC but these days I do use the other methods to give myself huge amounts of money to do the setup: Mostly I buy fields and farmland and swap around equipment until I've got what i want. And then never use it again. On Lipinki I gave myself so much land that with the Polish GEO it was a real challenge to get the harvest in before winter and snow, which meant that making money was less of an objective.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

All this talk of starting equipment etc..

Is it wierd that I really enjoy using the 3m stuff??? Im almost 200h into Oakfield and I just upgraded my Kuhn seeder to a 3m Väderstad and I’m loving it! Goes great with my N154e
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
PrincessJessi84

that's not weird at all.. for me an upgrade (and often the biggest upgrade throughout the life of the farm) is going from 3m to a "huge" 4m implement lol
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Not really no, I tend to play a good map for a full season, sell all of my equipment, together with the crops sold, then halve it and move those funds to a new map. It’s good for a booster, but if you had say for example ‘£100m’ in the bank, buying all of the big equipment would make it a tad boring. So when I’m moving to a new map, I’ll use it to get the amount of left my previous game with, then go on from there.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

The only money making mod I have used is Stevies bio heating mod that you sell wood chips at as you can get mega bucks for those. In fact I have even edited the xml as it pays too much but by using this mod I don’t feel so guilty as you still have to do some work to make the money.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

On console I have used it only because I couldn't get a loan big enough to purchase what I wanted at the beginning. If I could borrow 5 million to get going large scale, and be buried with interest, now that would be realistic. Otherwise don't really see the need to cheat money in.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Each player has his/her unique way to play.

IMO any kind of money cheat either official ( for example Government Subsidy, Money Tool ) or unofficial ( for example edit the xml files ) takes fun away. I don't even use courseplay because I don't want to have a robotic farm and just babysit everything ( oh and please don't start " you should try courseplay " etc ) .

Lately I discover Hagenstedt map.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

This was the first map I play when I bought FS13 six years ago and when I tried to play this map with a New Farmer style, I found out that all implements and tractors had crazy operating hours :)
I could use Government Subsidy and sell those old machines and buy some new Claas and John Deere tractors, but I choose to just repair and repaint them and use them.

I sold the plow for this one :

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

and without loan I starter creating a good business. Believe me, the feeling of using used equipment ( you can't imagine how many working hours the tractors in Hagenstedt has ) and day by day invest in new and better equipment and climbing the ladder of success is much better than all the cheats.

Of course, as I said every player has his/her unique style of play and I will never criticize anyone who will choose to use any kind of cheat.

Last but not least, mods like heating plants etc, I don't think is cheating, because is a part of the farming gameplay.

Anyway, every player can play with any way he/she wants. I say no to cheating, someone else will say yes. Well, the only conclusion is :

Happy Farming with or without cheating :)
W1der

Post by W1der »

Any money I add to the "wallet" I also add to the loan (by editing the xml) ... my "mission" will be to pay the loan back and make 10 000 000 +
But before I get there I am usually bored with the map and start over on a new one ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Weird question tbh. No, if so, I whoudnt use a money cheat -.-
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
JaVaDy

Post by JaVaDy »

I agree.

I play on farming manager and start with increasing the loan to 500k, buy a lot to build the farm, a caravan to live in, 2 tractors, a cultivator/seeder, a harvester(with headers), a flatbed trailer and frontloader and pallet fork for transport missions. On this basic farm I place a fuel tank and seed and fertilizer hut (MF mod)

From that point on I set goals and start building a farm and earning money to achieve these goals. This means working a lot of missions to gain income and to get familiar with the map.

"In the past" I played FS15 on PC and used money cheats, it's getting boring very quickly.

It takes quite some time, but it is a rewarding way to play for me
Former Xbox One S player, now on PC :-D
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I use the console command on a regular basis to change my money. I do not want to waste time for testing new mods/equipment, so i just load them into my regular savegame and buy it like any other tool. If it doesn't work correctly or does not fit my gameplay i just sell it/remove it from the mod folder and adjust the money to what i had before i bouht it. sometimes i increase my money or my seeds/fertilizer in my equipment if the game runs in the background but i forgot to stop the tractor or the helper f*cked up again. And then there's the gamestart where i replace the default equipment with what i like to start with.

Conclusion: I adjust my game alot with "cheats" but even after over 1300h i still didn't lose interest in it.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC