Supplemt(1%-39%)
18%
Purest (Gaint products only)
1%

Total votes: 109

Tomazius96

Re: What are you using mods vs Ingame

Post by Tomazius96 »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:35 am I'm surprised there are so few using the in-game equipment. It's all of a far better quality than mods, and while some mods have more features (doors opening, new wheel configurations, etc), mostly cosmetic features don't make feel the urge to use them over the stock equipment. There's no point in using something for the sake of using something.

Most of the mods I have (of those which aren't GIANTS' mods) are of older style equipment, and all of them are conversions from previous versions of the game, such is the lack of new modding talent coming through.

In fact I only have three non-GIANTS tractors - the Ford 6810 and MB Trac from the mod contest, an International 955-1056XL. Compare that to FS17 where I probably had 5-10 times that amount (including MattXJS's excellent Modern Classics DLC).
Depends on what mods do you use. But there are plenty that are comparable if not better than Giants quality.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Tomazius96 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:01 pm Depends on what mods do you use. But there are plenty that are comparable if not better than Giants quality.
The only ones comparable to GIANTS' models are the ones based on GIANTS' models and I challenge you to show me otherwise (not private mods which anyone can pay to have made for them, but ones publicly available).

I'm not saying they aren't out there, but off the top of my head I can't think of any.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Most of my mods are game enhancement, all of my tractor's are in game one's, though that will change when the T20 and the massey pack come out :biggrin2: .
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:52 pm
Tomazius96 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:01 pm Depends on what mods do you use. But there are plenty that are comparable if not better than Giants quality.
The only ones comparable to GIANTS' models are the ones based on GIANTS' models and I challenge you to show me otherwise (not private mods which anyone can pay to have made for them, but ones publicly available).

I'm not saying they aren't out there, but off the top of my head I can't think of any.
Mods by Agrartechnik Nordeifel ? Vertex Dezign? AAAmodding? :hi: and there is more. To me personally way better and more realistic.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Still no purest!
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Tomazius96 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:25 pm Mods by Agrartechnik Nordeifel ? Vertex Dezign? AAAmodding? :hi: and there is more. To me personally way better and more realistic.
I wasn't necessarily talking about realism as different players have different styles and what they want from the game.

I will say that Vertex Design do some excellent buildings in particular. Their buildings probably do rival GIANTS' in many respects to be fair and further kudos to them for making their and publishing their tutorials and Substance Painter templates on their website, which might help some other modders too (not that many can afford Substance Painter).

I will say I thought Creative Mesh's Paus telehandler was an excellent model when they brought it out for FS17 (didn't use it in FS17 or FS19 though as I hate those swivel vehicles in the game). Not quite GIANTS FS17 standards, but not far behind, similar to AAA Modding's work and MattXJS' Modern Classics DLC.

To be fair to modders, it's not that they're slacking, it's just that, starting with FS15, the quality of GIANTS' models have been moving forward at such a rate that most modders simply can't keep up. That's not to say their models aren't good of course, far from it, it's just that GIANTS' are so good now that it takes some truly stunning work to even get close.
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

I’m on XBOX1 and I am probably 90% mod... for me it has more to do with US style equipment, maps and buildings... the only Giants equipment I use is tillage, seeding and harvesters.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Any mod that 4D modding releases is straight in to my game.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Yep using 4D cattle trailer and Abbey slurry tanker, really nice mods.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

wombles wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:36 pm Yep using 4D cattle trailer and Abbey slurry tanker, really nice mods.
He is working on the Abbey side spreader, that will be straight on Shamrock when they both appear. Hopefully his trained mower may appear at some point.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Interesting, that it's between 50/50 and 85% plus (post made with 85 votes submitted) . I wonder how many would play if modding wasn't allowed
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Its 50/50.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I have over 600 mods in "mods" folder, depends what map i play. For usa maps i mostly use mods, since Giants does not have enough USA equipment, for German/UK maps i mostly use Giants stuff. For Polish maps, mods ofcourse, Giants has only few Polish pieces. Also if i want to start poor with older stuff, i need to go for mods, still love this Fiat and Fendt 500c tractor mostly!

Giants equipment has better quality, less bugs and other problems.
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

my main save is on oakfield, so theres a mod straight off the bat, tractors: modded Fendt 724 (opening windows, doors, seat suspension, I know its a tweaked giants model but its just way way more immersive), Lukas JD 7310R (wish it didn't have german numberplates on it though) Steenkamps 8RT (EU version), Only Giants models I have are Claas Tucano combine, horsch 9m drill, vaderstad 6m drill (both getting changed for Asyvans Vaderstad drill when that comes out) Amazone maize drill, everything else I have is a mod, Telehandler is NH modded one (cant remember the author but its a brilliant model) trailers, farmtech durus (looks closest to a U.K style grain trailer since ive given up waiting for 4D modding to return as Lizard branded trailers) now ill just wait for either growers farm or Greenwich valley to come out then its bye bye oakfield.
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

IceUul wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:07 am I have over 600 mods in "mods" folder, depends what map i play. For usa maps i mostly use mods, since Giants does not have enough USA equipment, for German/UK maps i mostly use Giants stuff. For Polish maps, mods ofcourse, Giants has only few Polish pieces. Also if i want to start poor with older stuff, i need to go for mods, still love this Fiat and Fendt 500c tractor mostly!

Giants equipment has better quality, less bugs and other problems.
true about no polish equipment, does anyone know what happened to Ursus? in FS13 it was a brilliant mod pack, then only a few bits in 17 and now in 19 the only ursus equipment in the standard game was the round bale wrapper I think, and another thing I don't know if anyone knows but what happened to Zetor? there was some very decent tractors in the dlc for 17 and in this game theres absolutely nothing
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!