What happened to Welker?

Bobbydj1980
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:01 am
Location: Orangebeach Al

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by Bobbydj1980 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 pm

vondeylenfarms wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:12 pm
Someone help me out here...the seed silos that some with the Welker map says it holds seed, lime. I cannot find a trigger point. The fertilizer tanks have a easy to find trigger and works fine
The seed silo trigger is on the side it is not marked and can be tricky to find
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox one s orangebeach Alabama

User avatar
vondeylenfarms
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm
Location: USA, Ohio

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by vondeylenfarms » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Bobbydj1980 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:12 pm
Someone help me out here...the seed silos that some with the Welker map says it holds seed, lime. I cannot find a trigger point. The fertilizer tanks have a easy to find trigger and works fine
The seed silo trigger is on the side it is not marked and can be tricky to find
Lol tricky for sure... thanks I'll try it tomorrow after work
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS4
Welker Farms 475hrs counting
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22

User avatar
iB055
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:52 am
Location: Made In The USA

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by iB055 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:47 pm

So there now appears to be 2 CHS Grain sell points on the map and both have different prices. Out of curiosity does anyone know which is which?

One has a higher price but I'm not sure which location it is.
FS19 / PC & PS4 Pro

User avatar
ThatCanadianGuy
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by ThatCanadianGuy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:10 pm

double click on it in the menu, it would highlight it on the map?
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.

gingeredscot73
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:51 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by gingeredscot73 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:19 pm

He is on PS4. Click the right stick on the sell point on the map screen and then select tag by pressing triangle to tag the sell point then tab to prices with R1. The name of the sell point you tagged on the map should have a orange arrow in a circle to the left of the name of the sell point in the prices screen.

Ritchie
Posts: 1399
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by Ritchie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:37 pm

There's a few things that could be improved on the map still, I fear they may have rushed to get the update out a little. There's a quite a few floating objects round the main farm and two cars half way through the wall of the shop that I spotted right away. The markers for the sell points could do with sorting out so they are consistent across the whole map too. just noticed the milk sell point ones are floating above the ground, whilst others are missing (possibly under the surface?).
I sometimes think modder's put unnecessary pressure on themselves by posting WIP threads on FB etc. and then giving in to folks asking "when's the map coming out!!" and either posting a suggested release date or just not taking the time they need to get things sorted before release.
They've done all the hard work, just needs those last few small things fixing. Don't give in to the pressure MP I suppose is what I'm saying :wink3:

norfolk farmer
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by norfolk farmer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:46 am

All things that other maps have been failed for, it's not a criticism of this map but of the inconsistency when it comes to testing.

parad0x177
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:52 pm
Location: Southeastern USA

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by parad0x177 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:16 am

Not trying to highjack the thread, but is anyone else using Courseplay on Welkers?

For some reason, I can’t select Field 3 in Course Generation; can’t click on it, and can’t select it from the list. I’m leaning towards it being a bug in the map, but I suppose a glitch with Courseplay is possible.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone else had noticed the same thing?

JTA91
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:12 am

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by JTA91 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:20 am

The crop textures are by far the best in the game on console to me, and its a huge immersion bost especislly in corn. the only issue i am having is when i harvest soybeans the beans are exactly how they should look in field, but soon as i start to cut they turn to that ugly yellow junky color from the base game in the header, and right after the header the ground looks perfect for straw, but after the chopper on the back of the machine goes over it its spraying the old yellow texture all over behind it. Its literally ruening the best soybean texture ive seen on console. Other than that, the map to me is awesome. Wish Giants would just take a gander at better textures like MappersParadise has provided for the base game as they are actually much much more realistic. Its the little things like that that make a HUGE difference when they start adding up.

gingeredscot73
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:51 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by gingeredscot73 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:11 am

I think its forgotten plants textures. Has been used on other console maps so its nothing new.

User avatar
Thedebe48
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:07 am

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by Thedebe48 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:29 pm

JTA91 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:20 am
The crop textures are by far the best in the game on console to me, and its a huge immersion bost especislly in corn. the only issue i am having is when i harvest soybeans the beans are exactly how they should look in field, but soon as i start to cut they turn to that ugly yellow junky color from the base game in the header, and right after the header the ground looks perfect for straw, but after the chopper on the back of the machine goes over it its spraying the old yellow texture all over behind it. Its literally ruening the best soybean texture ive seen on console. Other than that, the map to me is awesome. Wish Giants would just take a gander at better textures like MappersParadise has provided for the base game as they are actually much much more realistic. Its the little things like that that make a HUGE difference when they start adding up.
I 100% agree with this. I opened Welker last night for the first time in over a month and was pleasantly surprised to see the new textures. The Giants soybean texture is a joke. Yellow, and way too bushy. Mappers Paradise did an outstanding job with their field textures. And I also second the comment you make about what happens once the header hits it and with the straw spreader. Really wish Giants would consider just making these textures their defaults. Because the comparison is really not even close.

User avatar
EURO_FARMER
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:51 am
Location: Europe

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by EURO_FARMER » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:16 am

iB055 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:47 pm
The CHS Grain One is the one which is closer to the shop at the bottom right corner and CHS Grain Two is the one which is closer to the sawmill at the top left corner.

mike33s
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:59 am

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by mike33s » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:54 pm

parad0x177 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:16 am
Not trying to highjack the thread, but is anyone else using Courseplay on Welkers?

For some reason, I can’t select Field 3 in Course Generation; can’t click on it, and can’t select it from the list. I’m leaning towards it being a bug in the map, but I suppose a glitch with Courseplay is possible.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone else had noticed the same thing?
I had this issue. Check the field outline within the courseplayH HUD and and then re-save it as field 3. It will show up as field 3 (user) but you can select it then for course generating.

Post Reply