What happened to Welker?

vanilakush

What happened to Welker?

Post by vanilakush »

Downloaded the new update this morning, and im a little confused. Mappers removed the mountains from the background, and added fake trees around the entire map. What gives? This doesnt even look like the same map now. :hmm: A changelog in the mod description would also be helpful. What does everyone else think about the changes?
IowaFarmer34

Re: What happened to Welker?

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

Sounds like I will not be updating this map.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Wait what? YAAAAAAAAY lol. Hate to sound like a kid, but i had a thread about the last update that ADDED the mountains. Why would they do that? Great they took them away though, now i got my game back. I'd rid the trees as well.

Sorry your bummed about it, but, doesn't "every" American map on FS 19 have mountains? That's what made this map great is that it came out without them, and looks like a real midwestern farm.

Anyway, thank you Mappers Paradise, and i promise NEVER will i update ever again a map i love lol.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Matter of fact, looking at it now, it's great you rid the mountains being idt Welker even has mountains in real life, but rid the trees as well. Just put it back to where it was at release. But it's def better than it was last update with the mountains.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Remember you need a new game save for this update for the new terrain to show properly.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

I like the new crop textures.
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

vanilakush wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:56 pm Downloaded the new update this morning, and im a little confused. Mappers removed the mountains from the background, and added fake trees around the entire map. What gives? This doesnt even look like the same map now. :hmm: A changelog in the mod description would also be helpful. What does everyone else think about the changes?
I hate the wallpaper borders, very sad.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Just spent 5 hours on it.
Personally I like the update, yeah the wallpaper border and fake trees are a niggling thing that annoys me a bit but I can use a bit of imagination to get over that. I love the big fields and flatness on this map as I plan to go full on cereal crop and cotton.
Also I am glad they changed the starting lineup to give us all 3 bigbuds
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

What About sellpoints? Are they fixed? Is the mainyard prepared to build anything on it and can I remove the trees?
PS4 und PC
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Just a shame that it highlights the inconsistency in testing, still many things on here that other maps have been failed for.
Last edited by norfolk farmer on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Can sell oats, i was able to place stuff around main yard and no interest in removing any of the few trees at welkers myself so no idea
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Selling Oats is a plus... If the 2nd of the cotton-sellpoints is fixed I guess I'll give it a try once Seasons hits the modhub...
PS4 und PC
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Every so often I think about making this my American Map since I never played on it in 17. So I download it every few months and so I downloaded the map just to check things out. I know the tree lines on the edge of the map aren't real to life. But I actually like it so much more. It looks like a farm that could be on Cole The Cornstars channel. It has a Midwest feel now just by adding the tree lined edges. I know not everyone will think that way, but I can actually see myself playing this map, huge fields and all. So I know I've had things I didn't like on this map since it's release, I think it's kind of cool now. So my hat's off to Mappers Paradise. I'll be starting this map in the coming weeks if not this weekend.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I have started back on this map new update is awesome glad they put the paintable grass texture and adding your own placeables in the main yard is a 100% better
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Someone help me out here...the seed silos that some with the Welker map says it holds seed, lime. I cannot find a trigger point. The fertilizer tanks have a easy to find trigger and works fine
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22