So confused

3rd pedal

So confused

Post by 3rd pedal »

Last year a modder (smith?) Put a bible verse or something like that on his trailer mod but that mod didnt pass in testing because giants doesn't allow religion in mods so now we have crucified cross mod in giants modhub

Enlighten me with your opinion on this?
Crazof

Re: So confused

Post by Crazof »

I don't care
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

If you’re gonna ban this, you will have to ban churches from all the maps as well...
Ignorance is bliss
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think that's the op's point. If you are going to ban one part of the religion, then ban it all.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Sockerbetan

Post by Sockerbetan »

Summit crosses doesn´t necessarily have an religious meaning, could only be a symbol that marks the top/peak. However, calling it a crucifix gives it a religious (Christian) symbolic value.

http://www.classichistory.net/archives/summit-crosses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summit_cross
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Its like what happened with MrSealyP with Sussex Farm on 17. Alien Jim had MrSealyP brewery on the map and Giants said to Jim to remove it as its Giants policy not to influence young children with alcohol. Yet if you look on some maps particularly British maps there are pubs on them. What about the gravestone placeable from 17 by Mappers Paradise. I suppose that could be seen as religious. Just as iwan073 said if they are going to ban this then would need to ban all churches on maps. Its a very controversial subject to talk about in regards to a video game.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:47 am Alien Jim had MrSealyP brewery on the map and Giants said to Jim to remove it as its Giants policy not to influence young children with alcohol.
I’m sorry, but I find this ridiculous.
Children get “influenced with alcohol” just by getting out of the house.
There are pubs/bars everywhere. Don’t they go to the supermarket with their parents, where they sell beer?
Commercials on tv?

Stupid policy, if you ask me
Ignorance is bliss
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I had my first beer in like 4th grade. Saw NA n thought it meant no alcohol in there so I could drink it ha. I agree with you iwan, but giants cash say they don't endorse, so it is a pr move.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

I think there are far bigger things in life to worry about..... Just sayin!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

3rd pedal wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:03 am Last year a modder (smith?) Put a bible verse or something like that on his trailer mod but that mod didnt pass in testing because giants doesn't allow religion in mods so now we have crucified cross mod in giants modhub

Enlighten me with your opinion on this?
Yes I made him his new forum avatar, we went through multiple versions and landed on one that had a ichthys (fish) on it. He used it on the trailer and it failed. He removed it but continued to have other problems with the trailer so it never passed.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Eische

Post by Eische »

What was the bible verse in question here?
That is the most important information. If it clearly refers to Christian religion in a way other religions get insulted (mentioning only one true god/gods son/...) then it is totally understandable to be not allowed.

Churches are part of the landscape, just like any other building.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:14 am I think there are far bigger things in life to worry about..... Just sayin!
*thumbsup*
eric21

Post by eric21 »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:06 am
gingeredscot73 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:47 am Alien Jim had MrSealyP brewery on the map and Giants said to Jim to remove it as its Giants policy not to influence young children with alcohol.
I’m sorry, but I find this ridiculous.
Children get “influenced with alcohol” just by getting out of the house.
There are pubs/bars everywhere. Don’t they go to the supermarket with their parents, where they sell beer?
Commercials on tv?

Stupid policy, if you ask me
Actually certain adult commercials are only allowed after 9pm here in the uk. Some isles you are not allowed to have under 18s in them
wombles

Post by wombles »

Good god ;). Some times I think people go out of their way to be offended, or look to other things to blame for their own insecurity/failings. I play UK/Irish maps, and if Giants ever stop mapper's from making realistic maps, should that be churches/pubs or what ever else you see driving through a village/town well I'm done.

I'm starting to wonder why I come too this forum.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I wonder if it's an eu policy they have to follow?