CLAAS vehicle names

iwan073

CLAAS vehicle names

Post by iwan073 »

I was wondering where the in-game CLAAS vehicles got their name from, so I looked it up.

Arion:
Arion was an immortal horse in Greek mythology, which was very fast and bred by the gods. According to a source, it also had the ability to speak. The various sources differ on how the horse was bred. Some say that it was foaled by the goddess Demeter after sleeping with Poseidon, while others that it was the goddess of Earth, Gaea, that gave birth to it. Its most notable owner was Adrastus, king of Argos. Arion is also mentioned in the myth of Heracles against the Eleans, in which the demigod took the stallion from Oncus. He then rode on Arion during the war, and gifted it to Adrastus afterwards. During the battle of the Seven Against Thebes, in which the brothers Eteocles and Polynices killed each other while vying for the Theban throne, Adrastus was the only attacker to survive thanks to Arion's intervention.
Axion:
Axion, son of Phegeus of Psophis in Arcadia and brother of Temenus and Alphesiboea. At the command of their father, Axion together with his brother murdered by treachery their brother-in-law Alcmaeon and the two then dedicated the necklace of Harmonia to the god Apollo in Delphi. It is said that when the expedition of the Greeks to Troy took place, Axion and Temenus were the kings in the city that was still called Phegia (former name of Psophis). The people of Psophis assert that the reason why they took no part in the expedition was because their princes had incurred the enmity of the leaders of the Argives, who were in most cases related by blood to Alcmaeon, and had joined him in his campaign against Thebes. Later on, the widowed sister, Alphesiboea killed her own brothers in revenge of her husband's death. Otherwise, Apollodorus calls the two sons of Phegeus, Agenor and Pronous.[3]
Axion, son of Priam of Troy, who was killed by Eurypylus, son of Euaemon during the Trojan War
Xerion:
In accordance with older traditions, Zosimos that a magical ingredient was needed for the creation of gold. Greek alchemists called this ingredient xerion, which is Greek for powder. Through Arabic, this word came into Latin and modern European languages as elixir, and later became known as the elusive "philosopher's stone."
Lexion:

Well, I couldn't find Lexion. CLAAS probably got it from Lexicon, meaning:
  • the vocabulary of a person, language, or branch of knowledge.
    "the size of the English lexicon"
  • a dictionary, especially of Greek, Hebrew, Syriac, or Arabic.
    "a Greek–Latin lexicon"
Ignorance is bliss
george.earlslight

Re: CLAAS vehicle names

Post by george.earlslight »

Looks like someone did their homework on ancient Greece.
chedly_farms

Re: CLAAS vehicle names

Post by chedly_farms »

They named it Lexion so that when you are a farmer and you own one, you can call it "sexy lexi". True Story.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----