???console seasons

Beanbrother

???console seasons

Post by Beanbrother »

I know it is in testing. But I have forgotten now is it still with Giants? Or Has it moved onto Sony and Microsoft testing? I read once that it should be with giants for four weeks of testing and then will be going to the other guys? Still waiting patiently like the rest of us
Princeguardian

Re: ???console seasons

Post by Princeguardian »

With all that testing we will never have to worry about seasons v1.01 on console. V1.0 should be perfect by this point. :mrgreen:
John Deere 86

Post by John Deere 86 »

Unless Realismus/Giants say otherwise we all have to wait, I doubt giants will say either way what is the current state of testing, we are all eager to get on with seasons, i am myself, I really want to do start from scratch, buy a field and start work properly, plow, cultivate and then sow, build my machines up and so on, there is so many rumours about a December release, but we just have to wait
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Should never have been put on that list without a explanation from someone to calm everyone down about the possible release, I know some people who really believe everyday then turn on their console seasons might be released ,and that from September. I feel that is unfair on them because if they even dare to ask about it they get their head bitten off, a little bit of clarity at the start would have went a long way, the start being when it was put up on mod hub I mean
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They have stated it before but keeping off the list you are going to get the same questions
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:02 am I know it is in testing. But I have forgotten now is it still with Giants? Or Has it moved onto Sony and Microsoft testing? I read once that it should be with giants for four weeks of testing and then will be going to the other guys? Still waiting patiently like the rest of us
Rumors. The truth is that seasons is a big mod so it needs big testing. And that takes a while, and as with other mods, we don't make predictions on how long that takes. Anyone who isn't Giants or Realismus modding who gives you information on how long it'll take for seasons to be console ready, is making guesses.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
John Deere 86

Post by John Deere 86 »

O5-Chris wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:55 am
Beanbrother wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:02 am I know it is in testing. But I have forgotten now is it still with Giants? Or Has it moved onto Sony and Microsoft testing? I read once that it should be with giants for four weeks of testing and then will be going to the other guys? Still waiting patiently like the rest of us
Rumors. The truth is that seasons is a big mod so it needs big testing. And that takes a while, and as with other mods, we don't make predictions on how long that takes. Anyone who isn't Giants or Realismus modding who gives you information on how long it'll take for seasons to be console ready, is making guesses.
Thank you 05 chris for stepping in, I've seen a lot of rumours like you said unless Giants/Realismus confirm otherwise, I'm not listening to it, Console (Myself and others) just have to wait
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

I think there was a misunderstanding regarding a reply by one of the giants staff to a comment made previously about the matter, which did state 3-4 weeks. Although that time frame was never acknowledged, I think it caused some confusion and people took it as gospel lol. 👍🏻

Edit: Found the post in question:
O5-Chris wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:46 am
TobiHH wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 pm Das wird noch WOCHEN dauern bis Seasons kommt. Es muss im Modhub Test sein, damit das auch in die Prüfung von MS/Sony geht. Und bei denen wird es mind. 3-4 Wochen dauern..
Bingo. Ich kann da nichtmal viel dazu schreiben, so akkurat is das. :)
That being said, we've always said it will be ready whenever it's ready. Can't rush these things. :)
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Derplodactyl wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:14 pm
I think there was a misunderstanding regarding a reply by one of the giants staff to a comment made previously about the matter, which did state 3-4 weeks. Although that time frame was never acknowledged, I think it caused some confusion and people took it as gospel lol. 👍🏻

Edit: Found the post in question:
O5-Chris wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:46 am
TobiHH wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 pm Das wird noch WOCHEN dauern bis Seasons kommt. Es muss im Modhub Test sein, damit das auch in die Prüfung von MS/Sony geht. Und bei denen wird es mind. 3-4 Wochen dauern..
Bingo. Ich kann da nichtmal viel dazu schreiben, so akkurat is das. :)
That being said, we've always said it will be ready whenever it's ready. Can't rush these things. :)
Yeah, TobiHH posted that it'll take weeks, at least 3-4. Which is accurate. Emphasis mine. :D
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Oh for sure, that's just where I feel the whole thing has come from lol
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

My original question was simply wondering if it’s still with giants? Or has it moved on to the others and simply left in the testing queue because that is what’s happening?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

As Chris said it's a big mod so it will always been on there
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Careful with that some people will actually believe you
CrashhawkCE

Post by CrashhawkCE »

If we've learned nothing at from Giants, is that patience is a must. Seasons isn't a tractor, a cultivator, or another plow. It fundamentally changes the entirety of the game.

It makes the game a simulator.

As much as I want it to be released, I know that I prefer a fairly 'bug-free' release. It'll be released in due time and it will change everything.
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

For Console Players who may not be aware, since Seasons released on the ModHub for the PC Players to download and try, they have released as of me writing this 37 updates to the Seasons Mod on their own GitLab Page in Beta Forms as they look to fix bugs that players are finding and reporting, as well as they try to balance aspects of the mod and also introduce new features to Seasons that weren't in the FS17 version. So as inpatient as the Console Players are, they need to understand this mod is still very much a WIP at this point and far from being the fully finished article. If it was to be released now for you Console Players, you'd quickly start complaining about the bugs and broken elements of the mod and stuff that isn't balanced or working as intended. However you would be stuck with the mod in that condition because the Season Devs have stated numerous times, when they release on Console it's "One and Done", they won't be able to release updates for it because of the script restrictions by Sony and Microsoft meaning it's not as easy to update as standard mods with i3D files and a simple XML config file. So please Console Players bide your time and let the Seasons Devs and PC Players work to fix the mod and get it ready for you.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*