Future of FS21 graphics?

CowsGoMoo

Re: Future of FS21 graphics?

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Richard Dower wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:40 pm Digging this one back die to the imminent drop of nvidia 3000 series, Big Navi and next gen consoles.

I would assume FS19 will be ported to next gen and get a graphics settings boost over current gen.

If nvidia 3000 ray tracing performance holds to rumours of a 50% uptick then it certainly puts viable pressure on Giants to include RTX in FS22.

Dynamic ground should more viable, higher slot counts, more stable FPS on all platforms etc.

What are your predictions for how the next 12 months of graphics will go ?
Don't see many people waiting in long lines at 12 am to drop 600 on an entry level 3000 gpu. The consoles will be around that price. I'm betting pc won't change much, console will change a bit more, and half the players will still complain "go back to 17 graphics".
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:23 am
Richard Dower wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:40 pm Digging this one back die to the imminent drop of nvidia 3000 series, Big Navi and next gen consoles.

I would assume FS19 will be ported to next gen and get a graphics settings boost over current gen.

If nvidia 3000 ray tracing performance holds to rumours of a 50% uptick then it certainly puts viable pressure on Giants to include RTX in FS22.

Dynamic ground should more viable, higher slot counts, more stable FPS on all platforms etc.

Don't see many people waiting in long lines at 12 am to drop 600 on an entry level 3000 gpu. The consoles will be around that price. I'm betting pc won't change much, console will change a bit more, and half the players will still complain "go back to 17 graphics".
Or take the current gen copy and put it into next gen system expecting the slots to go away. Or something down that line. I'm in a community of 12k+, this sort of thing came up 2 or 3 times since the announcement of next FS being on hold tell next gen.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

REDSTER-85 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:19 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:23 am

Or take the current gen copy and put it into next gen system expecting the slots to go away. Or something down that line. I'm in a community of 12k+, this sort of thing came up 2 or 3 times since the announcement of next FS being on hold tell next gen.
Sadly I can see many of the first forum posts for next version be like that. Still see that on here from time to time about something on 19 not working the same way as 17 or the visa versa.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:08 pm
Shuffy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:56 pm my ryzen has nearly fallen asleep playing this game sometimes 5-8 percent usage (chip is bored) .. please increase the core allowance especially on amd cpu's or allow and option for more cores (user option)
Your CPU falls asleep; 5-8% usage. Yet you want the game to access more cores?
Why? So more cores can fall asleep?
considering my gpu is at 65 percent usage and less than 5-8 percent usage on chip .. with fps dropping below 60 shows how broken the games is ..
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Has anyone seen the screen shots of OxygenDavid's upcoming PC only map Calmsden Farm? If someone told me they were screen shots from FS-22 I'd believe them.
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

Better question.. Is anyone even sure there is another game coming? I know it's implied, but has giants ever officially said so?
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

In their virtual farmcon I think they had a part about the sounds of the next game
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Jlf85 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:45 pm Better question.. Is anyone even sure there is another game coming? I know it's implied, but has giants ever officially said so?
All we know for definite is that Focus Home Interactive (the publisher) said that there wouldn't be a game this financial year (ends 31st March 2021) and then in June Focus announced that GIANTS had decided to self publish the next game:
Update on Giants' next Farming Simulator video game

In June 2020, Giants confirmed ambitions to self-publish the next Farming Simulator video game. Focus Home will continue developing and distributing content for the current release of the game, Farming Simulator 19. As a reminder, Focus Home's guidance excluded any potential revenue from the game and remains unaffected by Giants' decision.
Source: Focus Home Interactive | FY 2019-20

GIANTS themselves have since gone on record explaining their reasoning though explicitly made no mention of any upcoming game, although companies never do this. They wouldn't set up a whole new publishing department to publish a game that has already been published.
Source: GamesIndustry.biz | GIANTS Software launches publishing arm to grow Farming Simulator globally

It's probably fair to guess that GIANTS are aiming for a Farming Simulator 22 release in Autumn 2021, unless they change how they want to sell the game.