-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Ado239

Re: Straw Harvest Addon returning!

Post by Ado239 »

Don't suppose it will come to console this time?
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Lost1nSpace

Post by Lost1nSpace »

Wonder if they will miss the chance to bring it to console this time aswell? :hmm:
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I didn't have it in '17 so i don't know if there where scripts in it that isn't ingame allready?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

It's unlikely to come to consoles because 1) scripting, and 2) it's not a Giants DLC, it's 3rd party.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Derplodactyl wrote: ↑Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:51 pm It's unlikely to come to consoles because 1) scripting, and 2) it's not a Giants DLC, it's 3rd party.
Depends on Giants, Creative Mesh has licenses for these machines.

They have one other mod also to be seen on they FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/CreativeMeshUG/

And guess what? It is available on consoles:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?mod_id=143989
Proof it is original licensed product:
https://tuchel.com/en/products/tuchel-s ... p-plus590/

So how it is possible? As far as i know Giants does not have Tuchel license, so might be some
special agreement? So never know, this Star Harvest might come to consoles also!

Usually modders can't ask money for they mods also, but as you remember, straw-harvest was single
paid 3rd party mod pack in FS17.

Also you can see this Paus on consoles, it is also licensed machine by Creative Mesh, has some extra features what
none of the game mods does not have:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

Creative Mesh makes really high quality and unique mods, let's hope to see more from them on FS19!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

IceUul wrote: ↑Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:04 pm Depends on Giants, Creative Mesh has licenses for these machines.
I'm almost certain a third-party DLC on consoles is a big no-no. I doubt any other game has such a DLC and GIANTS's hands will be tied by their agreements with Sony and Microsoft in that regard.

No-one doubts Creative Mesh's quality but it almost certainly won't be coming to console.

I believe GIANTS wanted to bring MattXJS's Modern Classics DLC to console on FS17 (and that had no script limitations), but even though GIANTS were solely responsible for it's purchase and distribution, there were several reasons why they couldn't.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

This will no doubt be pc only. Probably even have scripts as there is a building you make straw chips in and put them in crates.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

gingeredscot73 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 am This will no doubt be pc only. Probably even have scripts as there is a building you make straw chips in and put them in crates.
I think you are right, seems only way to get these scripts into the console, is releasing another FS19 update. I think they
did this for Seasons, to include the Seasons scripts inside base game? I guess Straw Harvest add-on is not so significant
to do this.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

IceUul wrote: ↑Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:11 am
gingeredscot73 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 am This will no doubt be pc only. Probably even have scripts as there is a building you make straw chips in and put them in crates.
I think you are right, seems only way to get these scripts into the console, is releasing another FS19 update. I think they
did this for Seasons, to include the Seasons scripts inside base game? I guess Straw Harvest add-on is not so significant
to do this.
They are indeed doing this with the scripts from Seasons. They are being implemented directly into the game - hence why a game update is necessary for Seasons to release, and why Sony/Microsoft has to test the mod thoroughly before release.
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

What has season got to do with straw harvest dlc? From what I heard RainbowDave Gaming say it was stuff in 17 as Creative Mesh didnt patch the bugs. As for the price it was 13 or 14 euros for a broken dlc.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

gingeredscot73 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:46 am What has season got to do with straw harvest dlc? From what I heard RainbowDave Gaming say it was stuff in 17 as Creative Mesh didnt patch the bugs. As for the price it was 13 or 14 euros for a broken dlc.
It has scripts and will be launched on consoles. Straw DLC has also scripts but ...
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

But what? Going by your... Straw add on wont be on consoles is what your saying right? I couldn't care less abouut a stupid Straw Harvest add on. Adds nothing to the game anyways. All this hype started by Silver News!! Some people are so sad.
Last edited by gingeredscot73 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

gingeredscot73 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:46 am What has season got to do with straw harvest dlc? From what I heard RainbowDave Gaming say it was stuff in 17 as Creative Mesh didnt patch the bugs. As for the price it was 13 or 14 euros for a broken dlc.
It has to do with the topic of scripts - which you brought up after I mentioned it in my 2nd reply. IceUul mentioned the possibility of how the scripts would be added, and we used the example of Seasons to discuss it.

I never had any issues on 17 with it, in fact I found it perfectly polished minus maybe one small hiccup. I can't speak for others though, obviously, as everyone has a different circumstance.
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

A possibility to add scripts via a update for a mod or dlc that has nothing to do with seasons is highly doubtful. Wishful thinking by the console players. Dream On!!