Multi combine setups?

redglasses

Multi combine setups?

Post by redglasses »

How do you guys run multi combine setups? I’ve gotten to the point where it makes sense to run two large combine but don’t really have any idea how to go about it.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Multi combine setups?

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

When I was on console I would start them side by side at the middle of the field. Let one get about a quarter of the way through then start the next. That way when the second one reaches the edge he knows to go the other way.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Like FarmCat said. Make sure they're beside each other as well as your grain cart/truck/whatever is doing the unloading in the "tab to next vehicle" list. It helps to make sure your cart/trailer can hold more than two full combines worth. I can keep up with two combines pretty well as long as the fields are helper friendly and I don't have to go far to unload.

I also usually start one out going up and down long ways and the other one perpendicular taking off the headlands for a few passes.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

What the others have mentioned. If you can get real lucky you can get it that you can have the combines unload at the end of the field and just park the cart. This helps when. You need to haul grain away.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Depends on your platform.
On console, try the mid start split field method.
On PC you can use Courseplay with convoy mode.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

I start mine at the side's of the field.
PS4
PS5
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

If running two, I use one for headlands, then put them both in the middle. This allows you to empty one and cross the gap to empty the other fairly quickly. Just my 2 cents. You generally have time to go fill trucks before they are full again. I run multiple trucks, and try to dump when the field is completely harvested if possible.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Start with one combine taking off the headlands yourself. Two passes should leave plenty of space to turn. Then assign a worker to start harvesting. Then bring in your second combine and get that one set to take off more than the first. Then bring in your semi to the headlands and jump in your grain cart and start unloading combines and try to keep up so they don’t have to stop. Once the combine with less to harvest finishes road it to the next field and repeat the process. If you are looking for realism the biggest thing to remember is efficiency. The most work with the least movements/turning/adjustments/idle equipment, that’s what would be what a real life operation looks for.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I used to run headlands with a combination of helpers for the straights and manually turn them around the corners, then take them to opposite ends of the field and start them working toward each other at the same time to find the center of the field where they would meet. Cut the field in half at that point then put one to work on each side working nto the middle of the field so the grain cart and trucks can work off the center of the field. OR if it was a smaller field I would just pick what looked like the middle, set up workers on both machines and let them work away from each other.
Now I run courseplay.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.