Stone Valley Ranch by Lancyboi. (WIP)

gingeredscot73

Stone Valley Ranch by Lancyboi. (WIP)

Post by gingeredscot73 »

A work in progress of a fictional map set in the USA.

https://www.facebook.com/LaNcYbOiii/
DunageWoT

Re: Stone Valley Ranch by Lancyboi. (WIP)

Post by DunageWoT »

A few issues I found with the map:

1. I can't take my vehicles to the store and sell them because you put the sell point in an area blocked off by fences. A simple fix would be to have a large garage door, similar to what you have in the front of the shop, in the back of the shop to allow people to drive vehicles in or get rid of the fence all the way around the place. The sell point in the shed at the farm is too low to get the combines in.
2. I can't sell the 4 random silos at the farm and I can't place a new silo after getting rid of the one that you placed. I don't like having to back into a walled off area to drop of crops. It is quite a time waster both in game and in real life.
3. The doors are quite difficult to get to work properly. I have to jump around and face a certain angle for the 2nd sliding door to open on nearly every double sliding door shed.

Some Positives:

1. The amount of equipment may seem large, but the map was intended for multiplayer games from the start.
2. The attention to detail on a lot of items is nice. Having working lights in the buildings is a nice touch.
3. I think I know the area you are using and currently work for GROWMARK FS, so it is cool to see some central Illinois love.

Overall it is nice, but needs a few updates to make it work properly.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

DunageWoT wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:15 am 1. I can't take my vehicles to the store and sell them because you put the sell point in an area blocked off by fences. A simple fix would be to have a large garage door, similar to what you have in the front of the shop, in the back of the shop to allow people to drive vehicles in or get rid of the fence all the way around the place. The sell point in the shed at the farm is too low to get the combines in.
There's a path to the sell/garage point where you can drive through the speed bumpers.
You can see it on the left, coming from the main road.
redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 »

lancyboi is working on an update for this map
DunageWoT

Post by DunageWoT »

george.earlslight wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:54 pm
DunageWoT wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:15 am 1. I can't take my vehicles to the store and sell them because you put the sell point in an area blocked off by fences. A simple fix would be to have a large garage door, similar to what you have in the front of the shop, in the back of the shop to allow people to drive vehicles in or get rid of the fence all the way around the place. The sell point in the shed at the farm is too low to get the combines in.
There's a path to the sell/garage point where you can drive through the speed bumpers.
You can see it on the left, coming from the main road.
I know you can get in there with the vehicles, but I would need to lease or buy a header trailer to get the combine heads in. That is more what I meant, but I should have clarified.

I really hope he does fix it and make it slightly better. I was only giving some of the bugs/quick fixes I would recommend. Nothing breaks the game (except for the selling of the grain bin and subsequent issue with buying anything new), but would make it easier on the user.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

DunageWoT wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:09 am I know you can get in there with the vehicles, but I would need to lease or buy a header trailer to get the combine heads in. That is more what I meant, but I should have clarified.

I really hope he does fix it and make it slightly better. I was only giving some of the bugs/quick fixes I would recommend. Nothing breaks the game (except for the selling of the grain bin and subsequent issue with buying anything new), but would make it easier on the user.
Yeah man, I'm with you, just wanted to help out if you missed that.
I'm also having problems activating both gates on double-gate sheds, but I think LancyBoi will roll out a patch fixing various issues.
OnionFarmer105

Post by OnionFarmer105 »

Is there gonna be a sellpoint for potatoes and sugarbeets in the new update for this map?
Harada

Post by Harada »

Unable to harvest rye in field 8, will do part of it then stops. Have tried several harvesters to no avail, none of them will completely harvest the field
XBox Series S
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Is field 8, the one next to he main farm? if so the issue is that there is wheat in certain spots. If you walk around in those areas you can see where the wheat is. just avoid those sections. Should be by the silos and in the very far corner on the field. Once you harvest, you can cultivate that under.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:57 pm Is field 8, the one next to he main farm? if so the issue is that there is wheat in certain spots. If you walk around in those areas you can see where the wheat is. just avoid those sections. Should be by the silos and in the very far corner on the field. Once you harvest, you can cultivate that under.
Or just plow it over and plant your own crops :)
Ignorance is bliss
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I think you’d want at least make some money with crop in the ground
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Harada

Post by Harada »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:57 pm Is field 8, the one next to he main farm? if so the issue is that there is wheat in certain spots. If you walk around in those areas you can see where the wheat is. just avoid those sections. Should be by the silos and in the very far corner on the field. Once you harvest, you can cultivate that under.
Thanks for the info.
XBox Series S
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

I really liked the lighting on this map and in general I found the work presented very good
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Norwegian81

Post by Norwegian81 »

Harada wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:54 pm Unable to harvest rye in field 8, will do part of it then stops. Have tried several harvesters to no avail, none of them will completely harvest the field
+1. Same here with PS4 Pro for this map. I have to restart the harvester sometimes to get it working.
drinking beer when I'm scripting...sure it helps :lol:
martymcfly4

Post by martymcfly4 »

Had issue with the update. It corrupted the saved game unloading Rye from the main farm silo. Had to start over twice.