Stone Valley Ranch by Lancyboi. (WIP)

chedly_farms

Re: Stone Valley Ranch by Lancyboi. (WIP)

Post by chedly_farms »

Anyone else getting a Cole the cornstar vibe from this map. Just a little? I'm not saying it is, but just a tiny vibe. We have the multiple grain storage sites and farms that you start with, and then the cemetery off to the east. Like I said, It's probably not, but there are enough things that just put a tiny smile on my face.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It isn't since he is from Iowa, but he could have gotten ideas from it since stone valley is based on central Illinois but is a made up area as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

martymcfly4 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:54 pm Had issue with the update. It corrupted the saved game unloading Rye from the main farm silo. Had to start over twice.

Most likely why a new save was being suggested by Lancy
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:47 pm It isn't since he is from Iowa, but he could have gotten ideas from it since stone valley is based on central Illinois but is a made up area as well.
I know it’s a different state, I’m just saying there feels to be certain “homages”. Like when Sopranos put in certain scenes that were homages to previous mob movies. That’s all I’m saying.

Illinois Farmer

Gotcha, yeah he could have gotten ideas from it. I know when he started this map it was based on a real place with real buildings near effingham, but as he went along he added new things.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

martymcfly4 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:54 pm Had issue with the update. It corrupted the saved game unloading Rye from the main farm silo. Had to start over twice.
Just curious 🤔 Have you had any other issues on a previous save? I thoughT about trying my 90 hour game on it after the update just to see what it would do.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I started the download on this map last night, then finished it this morning just before leaving for work.
I jumped in real quick this morning to get an idea of what I'm starting with. Current plan is to harvest the two fields that are ready, then switch seasons on.
Probably ditch a good portion of the equipment for mod items.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

I'm assuming the map update increases slot count, because I read a few things were added? If so, its definitely a no go for me then unfortunately. I have worked around the issues on the map in 400 hours of gameplay, so I don't mind the issues (although glad there is an update, because first impressions with the issues was disappointing). I as well hope he addressed fields all of the misaligned planting/cultivating/harvesting by the AI. Yeah, you can roleplay and say the owners of that land are sloppy farmers, but I'd blame the surveyor, lol.

I do however have a lil breathing room now in respect to slot, as I had to sell my Agro Trucks (whopping 49 slots, after the recent update!), and I went with the Coyote. 35 slots saved with that decision alone. Yeah, it turns like a pig, but it actually feels RIGHT, especially for a big American map. And as long as you wait for traffic to clear, turning through the deathtrap intersection by the main farm with 2 70k BSM trailers behind you is just fine. I plan to use those save slots on a little glam, or eventually buy the NMC Dozer. Although honestly, I doubt it could get into the BGA, but I have bunkers on the concrete pad on the east farm as well so I can play with it there - and thats where my Beet/Corn rotation fields are as well, so it can help plow....maybe even try something silly like get the dozer to tow 3 rotoarms and 2 10.5m plows
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:42 pm Anyone else getting a Cole the cornstar vibe from this map. Just a little? I'm not saying it is, but just a tiny vibe. We have the multiple grain storage sites and farms that you start with, and then the cemetery off to the east. Like I said, It's probably not, but there are enough things that just put a tiny smile on my face.
Well, Cole's family digs graveplots as a sidejob. Perhaps lancyboi could change some pallets to coffins and have a transport mission deliver them to the cemetery? As strange as that sounds, seeing a coffin transported on a flaybed, or hanging from load straps on a wheel loader driving down the street, I think the more worse image would be when you drive by the truck stop, you see coffins just sitting in the parking lot. I don't think I will dine there!!! :)
Illinois Farmer

I dig graves too and you never transport the coffin. There are rules and regulations for it. Unless it is a cremation, than that's the only thing we transported from our house to the grave site.

Edit: I think that idea is morbid.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Where is your spirit of adventure?

Illinois Farmer

Haha I'm out with the spirits every week I mow. The last two years have been hard digging because it is a lot of people I knew, so I don't find death funny.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

hello excuse me but I am a little confused I hope you help me depending on where the update is from the console or from the PC, why I can't find the update from the PC, I am a PC player thanks for clarifying my doubts before hand thanks total
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Illinois Farmer

The update was for the console version.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 pm The update was for the console version.
:hi: THANK YOU SO MUCH MR
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer: