How do you do commands that say NUMPAD on a MAC?

powder33

How do you do commands that say NUMPAD on a MAC?

Post by powder33 »

I can't figure out the commands that say NUMPAD
don_apple

Re: How do you do commands that say NUMPAD on a MAC?

Post by don_apple »

With the standard keyboards that are built into the MacBooks or the standard wireless keyboards delivered currently with iMacs you can't use these commands by default, since these keyboards don't have a separate number pad ('NUMPAD') on the right side of the keyboard like the standard PC keyboards.

You will therefore either have to buy a Mac-compatible keyboard that has a separate number pad, or you have to use a software like Karabiner-Elements which will allow you to emulate a numbered by pressing certain key combinations.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Decker_MMIV

Re: How do you do commands that say NUMPAD on a MAC?

Post by Decker_MMIV »

Or why not just rebind the actions to different key / keys?

Unless its a mod that is badly made, and therefore does not support rebinding of its actions-vs-keys, then you should be able to set your own keys, or combination of SHIFT/CTRL/ALT (or Mac equivalent) modifier + <key>, to activate an action.

For instance, I have rebinded the actions 'Increase timescale' and 'Decrease timescale' to SHIFT+<key>, to avoid my accidentally press of <key> and didn't notice the timescale changed.