Building a farm on Rogue River. Edit: now Holmakra

SJ_Sathanas

Building a farm on Rogue River. Edit: now Holmakra

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Has anyone managed a practical agro farm on Rogue River? I like the map but would like to expand beyond initial logging. I have placeable sale points to put in, which I think can go in the flat numbered plots, but the only land that looks like it could be cultivated is either the flooded plane around no1 or some of the hillsides around 12.
I'm having a go on start from scratch and I'll see how I get on.
SJ_Sathanas

Re: Building a farm on Rogue River. Edit: now Holmakra

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Well I had a go at rogue river but it didn't last.
After some indecision I've started a logging op in Holmakra. I'm expanding the large open space a little north of the starting position, at the top of the hill. It does mean a long drive down and up the hill on the bumpy dirt road to the sale point and vehicle spawn but I'm enjoying the challenge this presents.
I'm using a Forwarder for the first time and really like it. Flat maps like Grizzily Mt. make them redundant but they suit this map well.
Currently using the standard Komatsu line-up. My poor old JD8030 had to drag the Jenz wood chipper up the hill after I got frustrated trying to cart down offcuts but it managed it (albeit slowly).
Eventually I intend to put up some sale points and start farming the land. Its a fun map, very pretty at dawn and dusk.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Sounds like a hoot!
If we had placeable sell points on console I would have a lot of fun in Holmakra
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I just realised there's no animal dealer and, as far as I know, no peaceable either.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Can you not buy animals directly at the placeable animal pens with a delivery fee? Or does this still require an animal dealer to be present somewhere on the map?
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Actually I'm not sure.