Any older 4x4 tractors in the works?

humbe

Re: Any older 4x4 tractors in the works?

Post by humbe »

I dont get this licensing bits.. Would think the brands wanted to be in games. They pay for product placement elsewhere. Is the issue that Giants wants money to include them or have other brands payed them not to include competitors?
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

It's probably more complicated than you may imagine. I wondered about Deere bring removed from the title screen after Platinum - maybe some time expired deal or something?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

humbe wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:15 am I dont get this licensing bits.. Would think the brands wanted to be in games. They pay for product placement elsewhere. Is the issue that Giants wants money to include them or have other brands payed them not to include competitors?
Companies like Ford or Renault are hardly going to sell more products because a few old bits of machinery are added to a fairly niche game.

Smaller brands probably do want that recognition as it's a cheap and easy way to show your products to an international audience. Who knows, some of us who use them in game might even go on to be farmers in real life and it might influence a future purchase. That and they get a ready-made game to use in promotions.
Pict

Post by Pict »

And I thought this thread was about "older 4x4 tractors in the works", but after reading through 3 pages I find it's more of a console licencing debate...again :biggrin2:

Someone should start a thread just for that discussion, call it Console FAQ or something reflecting the content.Then maybe people could talk about older 4x4 tractor or something farming related :hi:

If you like older Fendt tractors for FS19, this is well worth a look;

https://www.facebook.com/Polofreak211-1290435951063409/
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Wasn't there supposed to be an older JD tractor available on modhub? I think it was by the same people that put out the 9rt.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No blacksheep modding, they are adding the American style to it
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

eric21 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:57 pm No blacksheep modding, they are adding the American style to it
Yeah. I think they're also adding the new track texture to the 8 and 9rt. It's been months, do I don't know what they're up to.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I think you are mixing stomething up there, the the series 9 of jd was published by custom modding, while the old jd is created by blacksheep modding.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Yeah custom modding is doing the air cart and the sprayer, he can't do everything at once
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

juf.de wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:08 pm I think you are mixing stomething up there, the the series 9 of jd was published by custom modding, while the old jd is created by blacksheep modding.
My mistake. I sometimes get the two mixed up.
ClearCreakCattleCo.

Post by ClearCreakCattleCo. »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:04 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:29 pm The Steigers in game are Caseih, the ford was branded NH and is a model that was made during the ford / nh partnership , the ih in game is a bit of a mystery though. I won't say its impossible but people have been asking for these tractors for years and I dont see Giants doing anything to get them in game
Ford to me is the big mystery to me at least. Ford bought New Holland, then Fiat bought that, then Fiat merged into CNH. So my question about Ford would be, is the Ford tractor licensing reverted back to Ford Motor Company after the Fiat buyout, and in essence, they just acquired New Holland? Someone more familiar would have to answer that. With that mystery in place we next come to Steiger. Steiger is owned by CNH. In fact the old Steiger plant is where Case Steigers 4WD and Quadtracks are made along with the New Holland T9. And International was straight bought out by Case which became Case International which is why International licensing in the game is allowed. Wether or not Giants will ever make an in game version remains to be seen, but a modder should have no issue making a Steiger or International agricultural mod. But keep in mind that International Navistar the company that makes the International semi's are owned by a separate company.

*edit* Just found out something interesting, Duetz Fahr actually owns/owned a part of Steiger back in the 80's at least. I'm curious to know if that little deal had anything to do with Allis Chalmers and Duetz partnership/ownership of them.
I was with my dad a new Holland dealer the other day looking for a tractor we can put on some rental ground and the sales man said the case and NH are both made in the same plant the just go down different lines and one gets a case hood and paint the other gets a NH hood and paint the have the exact cab set up on there smaller models like the T6 and case maxuum so it is not just the case steigers and quadtracks and t9s that are all made at the am plant
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Makes sense, the whole CNH parent company thing.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

The older (around 2003) New Holland TJ tractors and the Case IH STX tractors are the same. The only difference is the color.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Clear creek cattle co is correct. The same goes for the New Holland TM series. The Case IH MXM is the same mechanically but looks a tad bit different cosmetically. So the mod TM series could have a new exhaust, Bonnet and new lights with a red paint job to make it a MXM. I think even the McCormick MTX is similar to the Case IH. Maybe we can get a Case IH MXM Pro as a mod? *thumbsup*
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I only know because I operate a tm130 on our farm and our neighbour has a Case IH mxm130. His tractor parked next to our tractor sounds and looks the same mechanically. They were also both built in Basildon Essex and they both have the same drivetrain components.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.