Any older 4x4 tractors in the works?

this_is_gav

Re: Any older 4x4 tractors in the works?

Post by this_is_gav »

Ado239 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:14 am Correct me if im wrong here but isn't Steiger and international Case IH, and Ford New holland?
With Ford it's not that simple, as Ford is still a company operating under that name. New Holland acquired the agriculture business and probably the right to use the Ford name for a limited time, but I'd be very surprised if that license is still valid now.
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:16 pm
Ado239 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:14 am Correct me if im wrong here but isn't Steiger and international Case IH, and Ford New holland?
With Ford it's not that simple, as Ford is still a company operating under that name. New Holland acquired the agriculture business and probably the right to use the Ford name for a limited time, but I'd be very surprised if that license is still valid now.
Exactly. Didn't mean Ford motors
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer »

Exactly
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

When Case-IH and New Holland merged, the US government forced them to spin-off the Ford-New Holland tractors. The Ford-NH line was then purchased by John Buhler bringing the rebirth of the Versatile branded tractors.

It's complicated.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer »

Nice,that's another tractor that needs to come to fs 19 for all systems,a versatile
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

His there a way ford tractor could be slightly changed & to avoid the licencing issue ? Bit like the obvious JD tractor rebranded as lizard ?
I'd be quite happy to have a FROD lizard 7610 in the shed 😎
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
eric21

Post by eric21 »

There is already a ford tractor in consoles thouhh
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

eric21 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:03 pm There is already a ford tractor in consoles thouhh
Shh, they might have missed it!

Barrcott wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:50 pm I'd be quite happy to have a FROD lizard 7610 in the shed 😎
I doubt that would be acceptable as it's clearly a Ford with pretty much zero attempt at covering up the fact.

I don't know if there are clear guidelines (I assume it would be judged on a case-by-case basis) but more disguise would be needed.

In FS2011 GIANTS had vehicles which were clearly inspired by old New Holland, Claas and International equipment, but weren't branded as such; they were all called Lizard and the model numbers were all different with the Lizard Sovereign 58 (Claas Dominator 85), Lizard 7210 (New Holland Clayson M135), Lizard 422 (International 453) and a Lizard 2850-C (not sure what that's based on).
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:18 pm
eric21 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:03 pm There is already a ford tractor in consoles thouhh
Shh, they might have missed it!

Barrcott wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:50 pm I'd be quite happy to have a FROD lizard 7610 in the shed 😎
I doubt that would be acceptable as it's clearly a Ford with pretty much zero attempt at covering up the fact.

I don't know if there are clear guidelines (I assume it would be judged on a case-by-case basis) but more disguise would be needed.

In FS2011 GIANTS had vehicles which were clearly inspired by old New Holland, Claas and International equipment, but weren't branded as such; they were all called Lizard and the model numbers were all different with the Lizard Sovereign 58 (Claas Dominator 85), Lizard 7210 (New Holland Clayson M135), Lizard 422 (International 453) and a Lizard 2850-C (not sure what that's based on).
There's also the 40 series tractors available on consoles but if we're going to be picky about it they were designed by ford long before they carried the new Holland name ,
I would imagine that as long as you didn't use the ford oval which is obviously a branded trade mark it wouldn't be too much of an issue. After all these games are played by impressionable young kids so surely it would be in the company's interest to push it's brand name regardless of the fact they no longer have an agricultural division , I bet Henry Ford turned in his grave the day they sold the tractor division, & probably still turning 😕

Play time > Ford TW20
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Giants can't have that much of an issue , I've just come across a lizzard 'rumbler' van which is quite obviously a ford transit 🤔

Play time > Ford TW20
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

GenXFarmer wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:57 pm When Case-IH and New Holland merged, the US government forced them to spin-off the Ford-New Holland tractors. The Ford-NH line was then purchased by John Buhler bringing the rebirth of the Versatile branded tractors.

It's complicated.
It goes back earlier than that, to the mid/late 1980s, in Europe at least.
olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer »

Yeah true
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Could we get Renault equipment considering Claas purchased the company. FS has the Claas licence, so is Renault included?
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Yeahrightio wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:55 am Could we get Renault equipment considering Claas purchased the company. FS has the Claas licence, so is Renault included?
Usually, if the subsidiary is still operating under their own name, then no. It would be a separate license. There may be some exceptions, but that's how I understand it.

Think of it like General Motors, they own Chevrolet, GMC and Buick, but each name is trademarked and copyrighted separately.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Ah, Fair enough. Hopefully we get some Renault Atles or Ares tractors anyway.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.