Biggest company in fs

Thedebe48
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:07 am

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by Thedebe48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:32 am

chedly_farms wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:16 am
AGCO owns Fendt. They make the Katana forage harvester.
Didn't know that! I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

User avatar
PrincessJessi84
Posts: 2411
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 am

I am sorry... I am really not even a tiny bit invested in this debate/question... I have, sadly, not gotten a chance to interact with you on here much Thedebe48 but I feel pretty confident that everyone else involved in this discussion knows by now that IF I were to pick favorites in this game it is based entirely on the color pink and panoramic windows, respectively.. I was simply pointing out a flaw in the arguments

With that being said, your argument that sales r an indicator is very flawed..

Using in-game stuffs as our example, lets say you own ArmaTrac and I own STOLL.. you literally have 1 item in your entire product line... I have 11.. this is a huge difference.. my product line is much bigger than yours.. 11 times bigger to be exact.. but.. based on the cost in-game, I would need to sell 11.5 of my most expensive item (FZ 60) just to match sales with one ArmaTrac 1104..

Then lets compare JD to CLAAS in game.. JD only has 16 items in the game vs just over 40 for CLAAS.. but even tho CLAAS has almost 3 times the product line, JD will likely have higher sales due to higher global popularity..

In the end you may be right about who is the "biggest".. but you may not be.. again I insist that the only way to find out is to count the product lines themselves and forgo looking at sales figures as they really aren't that applicable in this.. Just because someone is the most popular or has the highest sales, doesn't mean they have the biggest product line.. there is no correlation
15 & 17 on XBone X / 17 & 19 on PC / 20 on Switch
Stop in and check out our forum for dynamic sales and roleplaying @http://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/

george.earlslight
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:45 am
Location: Europe

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by george.earlslight » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 am

OP has already made a post clarifying he wanted to ask about catalogue range, not sales.

User avatar
EyesJoshuaMF
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by EyesJoshuaMF » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:44 am

A funny one is Valtra. They have 4 tractor ranges in game, the ANTS. This makes up the whole of Valtras European range... but they’re not the biggest tractor brand in the world. Now I’m not complaining - Valtra is my no2 favourite brand after Massey! But I do think it is unfair to measure brand size in FS by their product range size. If John Deere had all of their tractors, combines and implements represented in game the brands would be massively unbalanced. I don’t think this would go down well amongst players.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra

Thedebe48
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:07 am

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by Thedebe48 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:40 pm

PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 am
I am sorry... I am really not even a tiny bit invested in this debate/question... I have, sadly, not gotten a chance to interact with you on here much Thedebe48 but I feel pretty confident that everyone else involved in this discussion knows by now that IF I were to pick favorites in this game it is based entirely on the color pink and panoramic windows, respectively.. I was simply pointing out a flaw in the arguments

With that being said, your argument that sales r an indicator is very flawed..

Using in-game stuffs as our example, lets say you own ArmaTrac and I own STOLL.. you literally have 1 item in your entire product line... I have 11.. this is a huge difference.. my product line is much bigger than yours.. 11 times bigger to be exact.. but.. based on the cost in-game, I would need to sell 11.5 of my most expensive item (FZ 60) just to match sales with one ArmaTrac 1104..

Then lets compare JD to CLAAS in game.. JD only has 16 items in the game vs just over 40 for CLAAS.. but even tho CLAAS has almost 3 times the product line, JD will likely have higher sales due to higher global popularity..

In the end you may be right about who is the "biggest".. but you may not be.. again I insist that the only way to find out is to count the product lines themselves and forgo looking at sales figures as they really aren't that applicable in this.. Just because someone is the most popular or has the highest sales, doesn't mean they have the biggest product line.. there is no correlation
Ah, I get what you are saying. Good points. I was looking at it more in terms of a global perspective as well instead of how you are laying it out.

We can agree to disagree on whether or not sales are a relevant indicator of product line size. And I do mean just an indicator, not necessarily a direct correlation. You made a great point when using the JD/Claas example. That being said, it's alot easier for a larger company to have multiple assembly lines for additional products than it is for a company a fraction of its size (mainly due to the large overhead and initial investment that is required). But I understand your point as well when talking about selling tractors vs selling smaller implements.

Even though you don't feel invested in the discussion, I do appreciate the interaction and the well thought out input!

User avatar
dunnjob
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 6:42 pm
Location: Birmingham, Alabama

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by dunnjob » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Lizard is the biggest company in game. Just look at the huge product lineup. From plows to trucks to buildings... There seems to be a Lizard listing in very category. This company is massive!

:lol:
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19

kintino
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by kintino » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:45 pm

dunnjob wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm
Lizard is the biggest company in game. Just look at the huge product lineup. From plows to trucks to buildings... There seems to be a Lizard listing in very category. This company is massive!

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and the most versatile company there is

User avatar
fenixguy
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: NC Mountains

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by fenixguy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:54 pm

kintino wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:45 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and the most versatile company there is
You sure about that? :lol:

Image

I'll see myself out now.
Currently colonizing the Kerbol system.

Mwal
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by Mwal » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:30 am

Thedebe48 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:04 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:00 pm
the way I understood your question eric was product lines, not sales or anything like that.. if my understanding was correct than all the above comments r worth moot as they r based off sales.. in order to answer this question someone would have to count every model produced and currently sold by each manufacturer and base the answer off the results.. good luck with that
You make a good point here. I didn't think of it that way when I read it the first time. In terms of product lines and range of equipment offered, you are correct in that it would take some digging to get the exact answer, but sales is a good indicator as for where to start looking.

I think the answer to this would still be John Deere. Their product line is the most diverse. They manufacture equipment for landscaping and grounds care, golf course & sports turf management, agriculture, construction, forestry and for military operations. Their agriculture line includes tracked, compact, row crop, utility and 4wd tractors that range from 45HP-620HP. Not to mention their precision planters, no-till technology, drills and carts, sprayers and applicators, tillage equipment, cutters and shredders, combines and headers, and hay and forage equipment.

If we're talking only agriculture, John Deere, Case-NH and AGCO would all be about a horse a piece. I can't really think of anything one manufactures for agriculture that the other two don't (Don't think Case or AGCO do forage harvesters). I don't really know though that any other manufacturer besides these three would be on the same level as far as agricultural product diversity.
Case also makes a forage harvester because case and New Holland are the same company and new Holland makes one that’s in the game. As far as John Deere beating out case if you consider all there products case has all those thing you mentioned, except twice because of New Holland. They also own a truck line, small commercial vehicles, Steyr, buses, and off road military vehicles and even an amphibious military vehicle. Personally I would have to believe agco offers the most products.

Thedebe48
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:07 am

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by Thedebe48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:49 pm

Mwal wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:30 am
Thedebe48 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:04 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:00 pm
the way I understood your question eric was product lines, not sales or anything like that.. if my understanding was correct than all the above comments r worth moot as they r based off sales.. in order to answer this question someone would have to count every model produced and currently sold by each manufacturer and base the answer off the results.. good luck with that
You make a good point here. I didn't think of it that way when I read it the first time. In terms of product lines and range of equipment offered, you are correct in that it would take some digging to get the exact answer, but sales is a good indicator as for where to start looking.

I think the answer to this would still be John Deere. Their product line is the most diverse. They manufacture equipment for landscaping and grounds care, golf course & sports turf management, agriculture, construction, forestry and for military operations. Their agriculture line includes tracked, compact, row crop, utility and 4wd tractors that range from 45HP-620HP. Not to mention their precision planters, no-till technology, drills and carts, sprayers and applicators, tillage equipment, cutters and shredders, combines and headers, and hay and forage equipment.

If we're talking only agriculture, John Deere, Case-NH and AGCO would all be about a horse a piece. I can't really think of anything one manufactures for agriculture that the other two don't (Don't think Case or AGCO do forage harvesters). I don't really know though that any other manufacturer besides these three would be on the same level as far as agricultural product diversity.
Case also makes a forage harvester because case and New Holland are the same company and new Holland makes one that’s in the game. As far as John Deere beating out case if you consider all there products case has all those thing you mentioned, except twice because of New Holland. They also own a truck line, small commercial vehicles, Steyr, buses, and off road military vehicles and even an amphibious military vehicle. Personally I would have to believe agco offers the most products.
That's a good point. If you look at it that way, the answer on the ag side would definitely be CNH.

Bobbydj1980
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:01 am
Location: Orangebeach Al

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by Bobbydj1980 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:12 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:20 pm
Thedebe48 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:40 pm
The top four revenue earning farm equipment manufacturers, in USD. (2018 year end)

John Deere: $33.351 Billion
CNH: $25.711 Billion
Kubota: $13.857 Billion
AGCO: $9.352 Billion
For the sake of good conversation, where did these number come from? I can't think of a scenario where Kubota made more than AGCO. Even with Great Plains, Kubota wouldn't make more than AGCO. Also considering these numbers are sales and not profit, AGCO sales combines for half a million dollars, Kubota can't compete with that on a sales number with there medium to light duty line up. I would say that this list might be just North American based, which these numbers might make more sense. With that said, I wouldn't argue John Deere being number 1 in sales if we are counting Merchandising. Nobody has better world wide brand recognition and merchandising than John Deere. But as I said, I'm making this discussion for the sake of a good conversation. I'd love to hear peoples unput.
eric21 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:12 pm
Yes I should of said it more clearly and yes based on the amount of equipment
Amount of equipment, AGCO has to be number 1 or at worst, 2 behind CNH. AGCO has Fendt with makes a huge lineup just to themselves. Then they have Massey Ferguson, Valtra, Gleaner, White, Challenger, Heston, And many more smaller lines. They own Precision Planting and Lely, the latter being converted to Fendt.

CNH has CaseIH, a huge company I would think to be just as big as John Deere, plus New Holland and Steyr among others.

As far as brands go,
John Deere, Fendt, Claas, and CaseIH are the top 4.

I feel like I have to follow up by saying these are my opinions here. Just stating them for good conversation. So if I'm wrong, please don't take it personally.
Kobota sales alot of equipment especially down here in the southeast United States so that doesn't surprise me with those numbers
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox one s orangebeach Alabama

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 1992
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by chedly_farms » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:21 pm

I'm seeing more and more Kubota has a lot more Asian market equipment than I thought for rice harvesting. Although Now I don't doubt the numbers, It's still mind boggling, to me at least, that they sell more product than AGCO (Fendt, Challenger, Massey Ferguson, Valtra, Gleaner, etc.,) But I suppose ever Tom, Dick, and Harry in the U.S. can purchase a utility Kubota for yardwork, so thinking on those lines, I can see it.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Osina, 200+ hours
Stone Valley x2, 1 1/2 hours
Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours - Retired.....

_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Retired Part Time Key-Board Warrior, Re-Retired Sarcastic Poster.
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

eric21
Posts: 6155
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by eric21 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Why are people talking about Kubota? It's not in fs so it does not count

eric21
Posts: 6155
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by eric21 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:40 pm

george.earlslight wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 am
OP has already made a post clarifying he wanted to ask about catalogue range, not sales.
Correct

User avatar
Dairydeere
Posts: 1607
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm
Location: Eastern Washington, United States
Contact:

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by Dairydeere » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:33 pm

dunnjob wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm
Lizard is the biggest company in game. Just look at the huge product lineup. From plows to trucks to buildings... There seems to be a Lizard listing in very category. This company is massive!

:lol:
I feel like a dummy asking this, but is Lizard a real company? I feel like it is no, but it may be different.
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Currently farming away on FSN
Find me on Discord - Dairydeere #2509
YT Channel- The Carpet Farmer
YT Discord- https://discord.gg/HgWPg2h

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

Post Reply