Biggest company in fs

eric21

Biggest company in fs

Post by eric21 »

What's the biggest company in fs, I think its Manitou and they have a massive range, check thier website and also liebherr
Thedebe48

Re: Biggest company in fs

Post by Thedebe48 »

It's John Deere, and it's really not even close.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Who is the seed/herbicide manufacturer in game?

John Deere is by far the largest equipment manufacturing company in the game. CNH is second. I think Komatsu is next. AGCO is next and quite a ways behind those three.

For comparison, Manitou's 2017 revenue was $2.06 billion while JD's was $29.738 billion.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

The top four revenue earning farm equipment manufacturers, in USD. (2018 year end)

John Deere: $33.351 Billion
CNH: $25.711 Billion
Kubota: $13.857 Billion
AGCO: $9.352 Billion
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Kubota isnt in fs though
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

the way I understood your question eric was product lines, not sales or anything like that.. if my understanding was correct than all the above comments r worth moot as they r based off sales.. in order to answer this question someone would have to count every model produced and currently sold by each manufacturer and base the answer off the results.. good luck with that
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Yes I should of said it more clearly and yes based on the amount of equipment
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Thedebe48 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:40 pm The top four revenue earning farm equipment manufacturers, in USD. (2018 year end)

For the sake of good conversation, where did these number come from? I can't think of a scenario where Kubota made more than AGCO. Even with Great Plains, Kubota wouldn't make more than AGCO. Also considering these numbers are sales and not profit, AGCO sales combines for half a million dollars, Kubota can't compete with that on a sales number with there medium to light duty line up. I would say that this list might be just North American based, which these numbers might make more sense. With that said, I wouldn't argue John Deere being number 1 in sales if we are counting Merchandising. Nobody has better world wide brand recognition and merchandising than John Deere. But as I said, I'm making this discussion for the sake of a good conversation. I'd love to hear peoples unput.
eric21 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:12 pm Yes I should of said it more clearly and yes based on the amount of equipment
Amount of equipment, AGCO has to be number 1 or at worst, 2 behind CNH. AGCO has Fendt with makes a huge lineup just to themselves. Then they have Massey Ferguson, Valtra, Gleaner, White, Challenger, Heston, And many more smaller lines. They own Precision Planting and Lely, the latter being converted to Fendt.

CNH has CaseIH, a huge company I would think to be just as big as John Deere, plus New Holland and Steyr among others.

As far as brands go,
John Deere, Fendt, Claas, and CaseIH are the top 4.

I feel like I have to follow up by saying these are my opinions here. Just stating them for good conversation. So if I'm wrong, please don't take it personally.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Manitou has 290 pieces of equipment not including buckets etc
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

eric21 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:46 pm Kubota isnt in fs though
I think we're all aware of that. The list is the 4 largest ag equipment manufacturers in the world, sorted by revenue.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I'm talking about fs thoughtl
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:20 pm
Thedebe48 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:40 pm The top four revenue earning farm equipment manufacturers, in USD. (2018 year end)

For the sake of good conversation, where did these number come from? I can't think of a scenario where Kubota made more than AGCO. Even with Great Plains, Kubota wouldn't make more than AGCO. Also considering these numbers are sales and not profit, AGCO sales combines for half a million dollars, Kubota can't compete with that on a sales number with there medium to light duty line up. I would say that this list might be just North American based, which these numbers might make more sense. With that said, I wouldn't argue John Deere being number 1 in sales if we are counting Merchandising. Nobody has better world wide brand recognition and merchandising than John Deere. But as I said, I'm making this discussion for the sake of a good conversation. I'd love to hear peoples unput.
eric21 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:12 pm Yes I should of said it more clearly and yes based on the amount of equipment
Amount of equipment, AGCO has to be number 1 or at worst, 2 behind CNH. AGCO has Fendt with makes a huge lineup just to themselves. Then they have Massey Ferguson, Valtra, Gleaner, White, Challenger, Heston, And many more smaller lines. They own Precision Planting and Lely, the latter being converted to Fendt.

CNH has CaseIH, a huge company I would think to be just as big as John Deere, plus New Holland and Steyr among others.

As far as brands go,
John Deere, Fendt, Claas, and CaseIH are the top 4.

I feel like I have to follow up by saying these are my opinions here. Just stating them for good conversation. So if I'm wrong, please don't take it personally.
I got the stats from here: https://www.statista.com/statistics/461 ... worldwide/

The list is actually of global sales, not focused to a specific region. Kubota does so well in global sales because of their large market share in Asia (I was surprised they were ahead of AGCO as well). And you make some interesting points. John Deere does do really well in merchandising. I think it is a factor, but the scale of their business operation compared to others is just on a completely different level.

In terms of brand power, I think that's an interesting topic as well. Claas is well-known in Europe but they're still kind of emerging in NA. I would say brand power on a global scale is pretty similar to the revenue numbers (tough thing to gauge objectively though). North America though, I would say it goes John Deere, Case-IH, New Holland, then AGCO, then Claas.
Last edited by Thedebe48 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:20 pm For the sake of good conversation, where did these number come from? I can't think of a scenario where Kubota made more than AGCO.
The numbers come from the company's annual audited financial statements.

You might be thinking from a US-farming perspective. Kubota is a huge company worldwide. They make a lot more than just small tractors.
Last edited by fenixguy on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:00 pm the way I understood your question eric was product lines, not sales or anything like that.. if my understanding was correct than all the above comments r worth moot as they r based off sales.. in order to answer this question someone would have to count every model produced and currently sold by each manufacturer and base the answer off the results.. good luck with that
You make a good point here. I didn't think of it that way when I read it the first time. In terms of product lines and range of equipment offered, you are correct in that it would take some digging to get the exact answer, but sales is a good indicator as for where to start looking.

I think the answer to this would still be John Deere. Their product line is the most diverse. They manufacture equipment for landscaping and grounds care, golf course & sports turf management, agriculture, construction, forestry and for military operations. Their agriculture line includes tracked, compact, row crop, utility and 4wd tractors that range from 45HP-620HP. Not to mention their precision planters, no-till technology, drills and carts, sprayers and applicators, tillage equipment, cutters and shredders, combines and headers, and hay and forage equipment.

If we're talking only agriculture, John Deere, Case-NH and AGCO would all be about a horse a piece. I can't really think of anything one manufactures for agriculture that the other two don't (Don't think Case or AGCO do forage harvesters). I don't really know though that any other manufacturer besides these three would be on the same level as far as agricultural product diversity.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

AGCO owns Fendt. They make the Katana forage harvester.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----