What's going on, on your farm?

Dagrump

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Dagrump »

We just finished the harvest at Hoosier Heartland farms putting over 82,000 bushels of crops in our silo complex in wait of better prices. The seeding of winter wheat and barley is nearly complete.

When that is finished I am selling my interest in Hoosier Heartland and returning to a beautiful farm in Oregon. The sky is absolutely amazing now with the new fs17 skypack mods from #1 modder Bullet Bill. The beauty of the last sunset was stunning and I was in such awe I forgot to do a screen print but here below is the morning. Thanks again Bill.

Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Road to depression...
neverusedaweeder

Post by neverusedaweeder »

Maikello wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:53 pm Road to depression...
What map is this?
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Nice tractor you have on that Lime Spreader there Iwan. Been wanting to give that tractor a go, but... alas, I haven't gotten to it yet.

Also, I agree with the post above me.Which map is that Maikello? That picture is beautiful.

On my farm, it's a new save with a tough start. Playing Willamina Forest, "Start From Scratch" with a hard Economy and 9 Day Seasons. Cutting my way through the dirt roads... right now, working on clearing the tree's from around the sale places. From there, cut my way through the roads until I reach the location of where I want to build home and then clear cut some locations for a few fields. Hopefully I'll make it there in time to get a crop of winter wheat growing, but... I'm afraid, the crops may have to wait till next year, the progress of getting through the tree's is a slow job, but... I'm getting there.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Groningen by FS Dutch Community. Map is arround Harpel in Groningen province

GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Nice, will definitely give this one a check. Thank you, m8. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

GothicKing13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:20 am Nice tractor you have on that Lime Spreader there Iwan. Been wanting to give that tractor a go, but... alas, I haven't gotten to it yet.
I love that Claas Axion Terra Trac! You should give it a try. ;)

Do you guys ever think you posted something, but when you look back; it's nowhere to be found?
I sometimes do. I had that with this post for instance.
Guess I pressed Preview instead of Submit... :mrgreen:

Anyways...
Another day at Sussex with Barrcott.

I just can't decide which tractor brand to go for. So I keep buying and selling 'em.
Right now it's a New Holland CR10.90, Fendt 1050 and Fendt 1165 MT.

Ignorance is bliss
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Hidden Gem: Gieselsburg
This map is truly a hidden gem. I just switched from Lone Oak to Shamrock valley, after putting in about 120 hours, because all my stuff was glitching and I was getting tired of it there anyway. I just couldn't get into it. Not really sure why. At Shamrock Valley I put in about 40 hours and I think I might come back, but I was getting so frustrated with all the garbage in the farm yard - I couldn't find a good barn to store my bales in. Also, the fields were maybe a little too small - not sure yet, I might come back.

But then my doctor prescribed Geilselsburg. "Pain? What pain," I said.

I found this map by watching FarmSim and decided to try it out last night. It is a beautiful map. It first of all is huge, doesn't take up much disk space, has great detail, and has plenty of options. It has huge forests that are more fun than (Willomena?) because of tree diversity, it has both large and small fields, natural shaped and square, and did I mention it is huge. I don't use the whole map, nor do I plan to, but it's nice to know it's there. I think it offers a bit of exploration even into 100+ hours on a map when it's large like this. I don't know if it is actually much bigger than Lone Oak or not but it feels bigger due to how it's laid out, imo.
Last night I just started an experiment savegame with it to try a few different areas to build my farm. I think after playing on Marwell, Lone Oak and Shamrock Valley, I really want to just build my own farm, and this map has the tools/places to do it. I think I will get the farm built before I buy anything, due to how unforgiving the landscaping tool is - in case I just need to start over.
In short, very excited to get started there, glad I saw the FarmSim series on it.

Side effects may include bleeding everywhere, cancer, cannibalism, or even death. Geilselsburg - the better life. :) :)
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Sheep unit up n running , decided to top up the water with the pick-up

Then after clearing some trees from the back paddock I'm off to plant some saplings around the boundaries

No idea what Iwan's doing , probably pestering the dealership to do a deal on another brand of tractor he won't be happy with 😄😄😄😄

So far so good with the Sussex partnership
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:28 pm Hidden Gem: Gieselsburg
This map is truly a hidden gem. I just switched from Lone Oak to Shamrock valley, after putting in about 120 hours, because all my stuff was glitching and I was getting tired of it there anyway. I just couldn't get into it. Not really sure why. At Shamrock Valley I put in about 40 hours and I think I might come back, but I was getting so frustrated with all the garbage in the farm yard - I couldn't find a good barn to store my bales in. Also, the fields were maybe a little too small - not sure yet, I might come back.

But then my doctor prescribed Geilselsburg. "Pain? What pain," I said.

I found this map by watching FarmSim and decided to try it out last night. It is a beautiful map. It first of all is huge, doesn't take up much disk space, has great detail, and has plenty of options. It has huge forests that are more fun than (Willomena?) because of tree diversity, it has both large and small fields, natural shaped and square, and did I mention it is huge. I don't use the whole map, nor do I plan to, but it's nice to know it's there. I think it offers a bit of exploration even into 100+ hours on a map when it's large like this. I don't know if it is actually much bigger than Lone Oak or not but it feels bigger due to how it's laid out, imo.
Last night I just started an experiment savegame with it to try a few different areas to build my farm. I think after playing on Marwell, Lone Oak and Shamrock Valley, I really want to just build my own farm, and this map has the tools/places to do it. I think I will get the farm built before I buy anything, due to how unforgiving the landscaping tool is - in case I just need to start over.
In short, very excited to get started there, glad I saw the FarmSim series on it.

Side effects may include bleeding everywhere, cancer, cannibalism, or even death. Geilselsburg - the better life. :) :)
Really like that map but on console there is flickering water which drives me crazy! Was hoping for an update to fix...hopefully there is one in the pipeline
wombles

Post by wombles »

Barrcott wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:43 pm Sheep unit up n running , decided to top up the water with the pick-up
Rear wheel drive with side brakes conversion needed :lol: .
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Funnily enough pulling it isn't a problem. Steering certainly is though. You might be be right , need to get some independent brakes fitted 😎
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
wombles

Post by wombles »

And a longer neck too see over the bonnet :lol: .
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Patrick73 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:48 am Really like that map but on console there is flickering water which drives me crazy! Was hoping for an update to fix...hopefully there is one in the pipeline
I haven't even gone over by the water yet, so haven't noticed.
I just got my farm built... took me like 3 hours. Luckliy, even though I started on Farm manager there was a bunch of starting equipment, which I sold. It brought me all the way to 1.9M less the 250k loan. I was able to build a beautiful starting farm for about $900,000. My favorite thing about it is the container house. It looks so cool imo.
I built my farm in the top right corner.
The idea to start off renting logging equipment and logging a section of timber was a pretty good idea; I'm hoping to see how much logging I can do before i want to move on, and depending on how much that is, that's the amount I will spend on a harvester... hoping I can afford the CR10, but we'll see. That might be too much for now.; these daily leasing costs might slow me down :)
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I just recently finished my first harvest on my current game. Playing Lone Oak using Seasons (9 day) and my MN geo (on xbone). Reconfigured the land slightly so I own all of it right around the farm. Raising broilers and beef, as my first time actually playing with seasons to enjoy, not test, I have been enjoying experiencing and learning Seasons 19. Because I sold off the equipment and picked up some more to my fancy, I didn’t have enough for a harvester right away. Borrowed some for a nice one then paid the loan back selling right off the field. Didn’t get the best prices, but am debt free with some money to work with for the next harvest. Now trying to get the cover crop in before it gets too cold to germinate, it’ll be pretty close I think. During summer I realized that I wasn’t going to have a lot to do in the winter as I would be selling my cows, and not buying new ones until spring, so I bought a few sheep to give me a project, and some more profits as well as learning another aspect of Seasons.