What's going on, on your farm?

Crazof

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Crazof »

Oberkrebach

winter first year, trying to decide what to plant where once the soil warms up. Originally wanted to have a pig farm with a few fields, based on pig production I either need to switch to selling feeder pigs or buy a bunch more fields, 10 pigs turned into 132 which more than doubled to 284 with last nights sleep.
Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

Yn0z wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:16 pm Bales from my 2 grass fields each bale is 20k I used the variable bale mod.

Btw how unrealistic are these trailers and the config compared to real life?
So the hay and straw farm I worked on he in the US. We always used a 43 ft 5th wheel trailer and we stacked them 7 high. Small bales not big bales. But we stacked them in a criss cross kinda so they would interlock in a way and stay on the trailer better. Im sure trailers like that are used somewhere. And I have seen big bales get stacked like that in a way, but for small bales ive almost always seen them stacked in some kind of interlocking pattern on the trailer.
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

It was time and well I had time so I rebuilt the farm grounds

The workhorses of my farm

Grains and silage

Equipment storage

Header Storage

The Workshop and truck storage area

The Sheep pastures and bale storage area

Overview of the farm
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

@YnOz that’s fantastic what you’ve done! Remember someone months ago sayin they’d started carving out a farm in the wooded area....was that you? How many hours?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

@Ynoz, how is that header storage treating you? What header sizes does it support and how efficient is it to access? My farm may be needing one with the expansion it will be getting funded soon
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 am @YnOz that’s fantastic what you’ve done! Remember someone months ago sayin they’d started carving out a farm in the wooded area....was that you? How many hours?
Thanks!

I think it took me three or four days (32 hours or so I think) of clearing and I made my 1st cash million from the wood area. It could be me, when I saw this map I thought that is the best place for my main farm and I just decided that I would cut all the trees and then have an agro forrest at the back, but I love the natural forest so much I really don't want to cut too many trees any more. I think if I had a real forest in my backyard IRL I would be a much happier person xD.

I have cleared the area for the cows but no cow pens yet, I am thinking 1000 head of holstein cows, if possible.

The only thing I do not like about the sheep pens is I had to put the animal cleanliness mod on as the cleanliness of my pens were going down and I could not find/see the feeding pen mess.
Last edited by Yn0z on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

Dairydeere wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:59 pm @Ynoz, how is that header storage treating you? What header sizes does it support and how efficient is it to access? My farm may be needing one with the expansion it will be getting funded soon
I am loving the header storage, I expect it to hold four headers or a bit more depending on how I organise it. The max header I can fit in there is the Midwest 55ft Header (16.5m) , which is not the Midwest 60ft (18m) but I can live with the loss of width for efficient storage. So far I haven't had any header freak out, it's expensive at 138k but in my mind totally worth it.

The remodel of the farm took me about 6 hours yesterday but worth it and as you can see I am a huge Deutz Fan. I just wish there was a 670HP track version.

Update I just found the Fendt Trisix and I can make it deutz colors whoop not Deutz but damn cool anyway!

I have 223hours on this farm already I just bought field 33 :mrgreen:
NPR_Terry

Post by NPR_Terry »

Right now? Confusion. I picked this up when it was free in the Epic game store. My wife decided to give it a go so we bought a version for her. She can get the Massey Ferguson with a front loader, I cannot. Not a true Massey freak but would like to know why I cant buy it. It should be with the default game. HELP
Thanks in advance,
Terry
Family members have worked for Deere and Company, International Harvester and J.I. Case...
For the past three generations.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I bought a US spec Magnum for my farm on Osina. Life is to short for me to continue to be OCD about what machines can be on what maps. Next up is a 1660 for the 8 row corn head. Marwell has been growing cobwebs until I see what Sandy Bay has to offer.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

NPR_Terry wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:35 pm Right now? Confusion. I picked this up when it was free in the Epic game store. My wife decided to give it a go so we bought a version for her. She can get the Massey Ferguson with a front loader, I cannot. Not a true Massey freak but would like to know why I cant buy it. It should be with the default game. HELP
Thanks in advance,
Terry
Okay, which Massey? The boards can help you out.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
NPR_Terry

Post by NPR_Terry »

My computer: Massey 5600 in the description is says it has a front loader option but inside there is no option for that. (There is an engine configuration for the 5610 but that doesn't include loader). Her computer: Massey 5600 but inside it has a an option for loader attachment. Where hers has on option for loader, mine has an option for GPS (which you really dont need on a low end tractor IMHO) She has no mods I cant say the same for me though ;)
Family members have worked for Deere and Company, International Harvester and J.I. Case...
NPR_Terry

Post by NPR_Terry »

Just for forms sake removed all known Massey mods. Restarted, no change.
BiggoB

Post by BiggoB »

Well, where should i start.... I'm struggeling with my farm's and map's at the moment.
i really like seasons and it is enabled on all my games but to get everything running it takes a long time.

-Dreisternhof: small machinery, fortschritt, HC but it is hard to find older planters and machinery.
-Slovak Village, nice but somehow the big square fields as just boring.
-American maps: big square fields, start from scratch/Farmmanager without taking a huge loan? hard
-geiselberg, well i started there and i'm trying to work my way up to bigger tractors but that takes a while.

i wish i could get into FSN or multiplayer looks like fun to play with others but the time is limited (even right now working from home without upsetting the family ;) )

looking at all your posts with screenshots and the stories makes me smile and a bit jealous :)
keep it up everybody because zall of you are doing an amazing job.

cheers
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Yn0z wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:26 am It was time and well I had time so I rebuilt the farm grounds

The workhorses of my farm

Grains and silage

Equipment storage

Header Storage

The Workshop and truck storage area

The Sheep pastures and bale storage area

Overview of the farm
I like what you've done with the place.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:51 am I bought a US spec Magnum for my farm on Osina. Life is to short for me to continue to be OCD about what machines can be on what maps. Next up is a 1660 for the 8 row corn head. Marwell has been growing cobwebs until I see what Sandy Bay has to offer.
Karl farms just updated his magnum on pc, he says he’s going to try to get as much as he can to console. If ya wanna check it out it’s up on his Facebook page it’s pretty awesome.