What's going on, on your farm?

Mwal
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Mwal » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:45 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:51 am
I bought a US spec Magnum for my farm on Osina. Life is to short for me to continue to be OCD about what machines can be on what maps. Next up is a 1660 for the 8 row corn head. Marwell has been growing cobwebs until I see what Sandy Bay has to offer.
Karl farms just updated his magnum on pc, he says he’s going to try to get as much as he can to console. If ya wanna check it out it’s up on his Facebook page it’s pretty awesome.

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by chedly_farms » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm

NPR_Terry wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:39 am
My computer: Massey 5600 in the description is says it has a front loader option but inside there is no option for that. (There is an engine configuration for the 5610 but that doesn't include loader). Her computer: Massey 5600 but inside it has a an option for loader attachment. Where hers has on option for loader, mine has an option for GPS (which you really dont need on a low end tractor IMHO) She has no mods I cant say the same for me though ;)
I’m gonna get on here in a little bit, and I’ll see what I can find out. I’m not too familiar with the 5 series Massey. But I will start by asking if there is an option for weights or no weights on the front. If it’s anything like the 6m John Deere, if you put weights on the front, it will not give you the option for a front loader.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours
Osina, 105+ hours
_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Part Time Key-Board Warrior
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

bossmanslim
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:13 pm

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by bossmanslim » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:56 pm

Playing a little miniburn seasons. I predict this will end soon as I'm already getting bored fast forwarding through days and doing fertilizer contracts.

User avatar
Dairydeere
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm
Location: Eastern Washington, United States
Contact:

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Dairydeere » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:21 pm

BiggoB wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:56 am
Well, where should i start.... I'm struggeling with my farm's and map's at the moment.
i really like seasons and it is enabled on all my games but to get everything running it takes a long time.

-Dreisternhof: small machinery, fortschritt, HC but it is hard to find older planters and machinery.
-Slovak Village, nice but somehow the big square fields as just boring.
-American maps: big square fields, start from scratch/Farmmanager without taking a huge loan? hard
-geiselberg, well i started there and i'm trying to work my way up to bigger tractors but that takes a while.

i wish i could get into FSN or multiplayer looks like fun to play with others but the time is limited (even right now working from home without upsetting the family ;) )

looking at all your posts with screenshots and the stories makes me smile and a bit jealous :)
keep it up everybody because zall of you are doing an amazing job.

cheers
Definitely try and get whitelisted for FSN, I’m in and it’s fun, just be ready for hours of just plowing fields to do contracts lol.
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Currently farming away on FSN
Find me on Discord - Dairydeere #2509
YT Channel- The Carpet Farmer

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

User avatar
NPR_Terry
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:46 pm
Location: Florida, United States

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by NPR_Terry » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:41 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm
NPR_Terry wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:39 am
My computer: Massey 5600 in the description is says it has a front loader option but inside there is no option for that. (There is an engine configuration for the 5610 but that doesn't include loader). Her computer: Massey 5600 but inside it has a an option for loader attachment. Where hers has on option for loader, mine has an option for GPS (which you really dont need on a low end tractor IMHO) She has no mods I cant say the same for me though ;)
I’m gonna get on here in a little bit, and I’ll see what I can find out. I’m not too familiar with the 5 series Massey. But I will start by asking if there is an option for weights or no weights on the front. If it’s anything like the 6m John Deere, if you put weights on the front, it will not give you the option for a front loader.
Whether it has weights or no, there should not be a difference in choices between computers...
Family members have worked for Deere and Company, International Harvester and J.I. Case...
For the past three generations.

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 2316
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Illinois Farmer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:31 pm

It does though because the weights prevents the loader from being able to get selected and the weights would block the loader arms.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user and newly pc user.

User avatar
NPR_Terry
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:46 pm
Location: Florida, United States

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by NPR_Terry » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:25 am

The point is, there are different options available on the same tractor but on different PCs.
Both games through Epic, both are Windows 10 PCs. One is mine, one is my wife's. WHY is there a difference???? (Its going to be harder for me to teach her if I cant get equipment that matches).
Family members have worked for Deere and Company, International Harvester and J.I. Case...
For the past three generations.

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 2316
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Illinois Farmer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:18 am

There shouldn't be different options. If you select the weights you won't fert the front loader option. Maybe post screenshots and start a new thread about your problem.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user and newly pc user.

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by chedly_farms » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:13 am

Moving on...

Today on Osina I bought the 1660 combine harvester and then put the Magnum to use spraying fields. I’m looking at one of those Cressoni headers for the Dominator now as well.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours
Osina, 105+ hours
_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Part Time Key-Board Warrior
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

User avatar
Luftkopf
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:33 pm
Location: South Australia

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Luftkopf » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:27 am

Mwal wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:45 pm
chedly_farms wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:51 am
I bought a US spec Magnum for my farm on Osina. Life is to short for me to continue to be OCD about what machines can be on what maps. Next up is a 1660 for the 8 row corn head. Marwell has been growing cobwebs until I see what Sandy Bay has to offer.
Karl farms just updated his magnum on pc, he says he’s going to try to get as much as he can to console. If ya wanna check it out it’s up on his Facebook page it’s pretty awesome.
Ok. I checked this out despite the fact I don’t even really like American tractors. Now I have a Case Magnum running around Gemeinde Rade with all my Claas tractors. I’ve been looking for a way to carry more fertiliser around, and now I can fertilise my 12ha field without stopping to refill!

Barrcott
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:56 am

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Barrcott » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:12 am

chedly_farms wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:13 am
Moving on...

Today on Osina I bought the 1660 combine harvester and then put the Magnum to use spraying fields. I’m looking at one of those Cressoni headers for the Dominator now as well.
Don't bother Ched, the dominator & cressoni don't play nicely, the harvester's elevator drops too low when harvesting & the attach point on the cressoni header is too high , thus it almost lifts the front wheels of the harvester off the ground. It gets a bit messy if the ground contours are uneven.

Tried & failed miserably
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !

Noraf
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Noraf » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:43 pm

:hi:
Stop in and check out the FS community traiding forum
For all your dynamic sales and roleplaying needs @ FS Comunity Trader
:gamer:

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...

Mwal
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Mwal » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Luftkopf wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:27 am
Mwal wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:45 pm
chedly_farms wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:51 am
I bought a US spec Magnum for my farm on Osina. Life is to short for me to continue to be OCD about what machines can be on what maps. Next up is a 1660 for the 8 row corn head. Marwell has been growing cobwebs until I see what Sandy Bay has to offer.
Karl farms just updated his magnum on pc, he says he’s going to try to get as much as he can to console. If ya wanna check it out it’s up on his Facebook page it’s pretty awesome.
Ok. I checked this out despite the fact I don’t even really like American tractors. Now I have a Case Magnum running around Gemeinde Rade with all my Claas tractors. I’ve been looking for a way to carry more fertiliser around, and now I can fertilise my 12ha field without stopping to refill!
That’s awesome! Karl is an amazing modder and he’s very drama free. If you click the play game button on his page it’s his mod directory. He has quite a few neat things, a few big discs that give you plow state for working in corn stalks, high dumb carts, a semi end dump with a pup, and a 240 series case combine that has about every option you could have for a combine.

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 2316
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Illinois Farmer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:52 pm

His pickup has tons of options on it too, but the brakes need a little more work. You also have to be careful turning because it can spin out easily.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user and newly pc user.

Farmercaseih
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 11:14 pm

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Farmercaseih » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:00 pm

That's why I got my 2020 Ford F250 haha

Post Reply