What's going on, on your farm?

Yeahrightio

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Yeahrightio »

There's plenty of savegames there. I only have 1 meadowgrove savegame at the moment until another map comes out. 👍
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Yeahrightio wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:07 am There's plenty of savegames there. I only have 1 meadowgrove savegame at the moment until another map comes out. 👍
To be honest mate I get more fun out of creating my farms than playing them , which is why my maps typically have about 30-40 hours of use, Wola had nearly 30 hours on it before I even harvested my first crop !
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Barrcott wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:39 am
Yeahrightio wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:07 am There's plenty of savegames there. I only have 1 meadowgrove savegame at the moment until another map comes out. 👍
To be honest mate I get more fun out of creating my farms than playing them , which is why my maps typically have about 30-40 hours of use, Wola had nearly 30 hours on it before I even harvested my first crop !
That sounds fair enough. I had multiple saves, but I got stuck to meadowgrove, so I'll swap with another map when it comes out.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Over at Woodshire Farm we got the 14 out on a drilling contract

And we've had a change in the baled silage setup, were keeping the old Krone big-pac for the hay & straw but to speed up the process we'vegone for the Kuhn FBP 3135 so we've sold the labourious square bale wrapper & a few other seldom used machines to accommodate the remaining balance , even bought some new wider boots for the 12, she may be due a respray too at some point

Play time > Ford TW20
humbe

Post by humbe »

Yeahrightio wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:29 pm
Alagos wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:44 pm Looks way better without phone interference :grin:
Yeah, I got my Xbox to connect to the smart glass thing, so now I can take clear pictures from my atari, as Iwan calls it. 😅🤣😅🤣
And speaking of atari image's, If I was to do a farm blog {like humbes one} on meadowgrove, would anyone be interested.
I'd have a look at least. I like to see what others are doing with the game to get suggestions of how to alter my own game. Details as to what mods they are using, what their goals with the game is, what parts they are focusing on and why they are doing what they are doing. Some atmosphere and pictures helps keep interest. In text format I can quickly scan through to see if there's interesting bits there. I'm not going to waste hours on youtube to watch for potentially interesting stuff.

Based on view counts (visible in desktop version of forum), there are at least some people that looks at the farm blogs that are there. Probably some more than the people actually commenting in them, and I've only seen positive comments to date. Probably a limited audience, but I'd write about my game to record details to try and learn about the game anyhow, so thought I'd post it public, and when doing so, fleshing it out a bit with pictures and a backstory to try and keep it possibly interesting.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Oh, thanks humbe. Yeah I'm of the same opinion as you, what is he point of watching something if it isn't interesting. I absolutely love your farm blog on no man's land, so I thought I'd do a meadowgrove one. I'll have a look at it and see how I go.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Ha the Krone rep heard I'd gone for the Kuhn baler & I got a phone call.....
REP, hi , I might have a new rake you could try out ........... If your new baler can handle it aha ha ha
ME, fine bring it round we'll try it ......???....????.

Holy shitballs .....
About 3 mph & still making bales faster than it could wrap them ,the baler did ok

No I'm not buying the rake

Play time > Ford TW20
eric21

Post by eric21 »

You ok there?
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Now that's a rake. I used to use that on welker farms for windowing 8 rows into one, which made the baler sit up and take notice. Barrcott do you use the landscape tool to put a small hill behind the round bale so it doesn't roll away?

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

rody12

Post by rody12 »

Yeahrightio wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:28 pm
rody12 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:18 pm Currently on Green River looking for a suitable location to build a horse farm. Has anyone done this before and knows a good location?
Isn't there a horse farm inbuilt rody12. Maybe I'm thinking of Pacific Northwest. 🤔
I never played on green River, is it any good?
No there isnt, sadly. I enjoy the map, its based on the Netherlands and thats where I'm from
Xbox Series X
John Deere
rody12

Post by rody12 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:35 pm
rody12 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:18 pm Currently on Green River looking for a suitable location to build a horse farm. Has anyone done this before and knows a good location?
You could expand a paddock just off the main area. Take up some field spot. Or cut down a bunch of trees by the silos and place one down.
I will check this out! I was looking for a location not to close to the main farm. I like the locations to be separate from one another, but maybe this works as well
Xbox Series X
John Deere
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Yeahrightio wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 pm Now that's a rake. I used to use that on welker farms for windowing 8 rows into one, which made the baler sit up and take notice. Barrcott do you use the landscape tool to put a small hill behind the round bale so it doesn't roll away?
No mate I just have to go retrieve them from the river afterwards 😅

Play time > Ford TW20
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

eric21 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:45 am You ok there?
Fine & dandy thanks ........ You ?

Play time > Ford TW20
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Yeahrightio wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:17 am Oh, thanks humbe. Yeah I'm of the same opinion as you, what is he point of watching something if it isn't interesting. I absolutely love your farm blog on no man's land, so I thought I'd do a meadowgrove one. I'll have a look at it and see how I go.

Just out of interest, i was thinking of opening up a FB page very similar to this topic, we got some great pics n story's here & would be great if we could just click 'like' on them, haven't seen a fb page dedicated to this sort of topic what you reckon ?

Play time > Ford TW20
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Barrcott wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:00 pm Just out of interest, i was thinking of opening up a FB page very similar to this topic, we got some great pics n story's here & would be great if we could just click 'like' on them, haven't seen a fb page dedicated to this sort of topic what you reckon ?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/184531269513404/

Already have one, just no members yet!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins