What's going on, on your farm?

DRandi

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by DRandi »

Just got done stroking a check for $70,000.00. Bought all of next years seed, fert, and fuel supplies. Double cropping winter canola to corn, then cover cropping with grass this coming season.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Lost two fields of corn as it won’t be dry enough to harvest!unless I can chaff it above 20 percent moisture?
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

Now that cultivation is finished, winter seeding can start. Got the Massey 399 out on the Kneverneland to sow six fields, keeping one back for potatoes in the spring as a small experiment. Thankfully the weather forecast for the next few weeks is looking unusually dry, so we should have no problems getting crops in to the ground, but germination may be a different story... Either way, we still have a large sum of left on the finance for our Kramer Loader, so we will have to start getting the wheat out of the shed quickly.

Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Spring has arrived. Time for some seeding with my new CLAAS Axion 960!

Ignorance is bliss
dimi

Post by dimi »

This winter on the farm (just outside Chambly-sur-Meuse in France) was a cold one, and after talking with some locals i found out that the demand for firewood is high around here. That got me thinking for a new business opportunity, and i managed to make a deal with the local lumberyard. I supply them with seasoned firewood, and the'll take care of the packaging and shipping. Of course i was to late for this winter cause i could never get it dried out enough in time, but i did want to make use wintertime where we are not so busy on the farm so i started preparing for next year. At the community trader i managed to buy a log splitter at a discount. after the log splitter was delivered it was time to start splitting!

after i split the first load of logs, i started stacking the firewood.

(because of fps issues i couldn't split/stack to much firewood at a time, so i'm selling it in portions. but like it would be without this issue, i'm not getting paid till the autumn)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Welp, we got our silage maize chopped and covered in the bunk adjacent to the sheep pen. That John Deere chopper is a beast. That might be the last job the Claas Xerion does on the farm. We like it, but it just might be too big for our operation at the moment. So our next job is to harvest the rest of our cotton, then sell that Cotton stripper and never do cotton on Marwell again. It was fun to try. Who knows, maybe we'll do one field a year in cotton. After that cotton gets harvested, we have a wheat field to harvest and some more hay that we need to put up. We gotta make sure we have enough hay.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Just moved into my uncle's farm with a 1.5 million dollar inheritance. Old Timer's Farm. Just hit mid spring and sadly missed my opportunity to get some oats into the ground (I was planning on taking in some horses to the vacant stables) so I planted some sunflowers and will start to get ready for pigs this winter. I have a pig food mixing wagon being delivered in about a month or so.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:49 pm
Newholland T8 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:22 pm Why don’t you just run 3 day seasons then? Depending on your farms size that’s a good balance to keep it changing but still have the time to do what you need to do
Rain is too random and therefore can have sections of time where it rains for the entire day/day time and screws up the activities.
Ahh I see your point, I tried that myself to run a 3 day season and the rain was comical, I found a 6 day season on x5 time is a good balance
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

Just started harvest on Greenwich, after a moderate shower just waiting for the crops to dry out and then the fun can begin, currently running a John Deere T560 combine with a cressoni header, and a Fendt 724 with Bailey trailer for carting, might need a friend to come and help cart so I have an excuse to hook up my NH T7 to a trailer since it’s sitting on the bailer waiting for some straw to bale up
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

The harvest here at the Hoosier Heartland farm was bountiful this year. We put up over 67,000 bu of various grains and expanded from 367 tillable acres to 428. Just today we trucked our oats,barley and wheat to the Cargill mills and recorded $1,067,079 in harvest sales. The great thing is there is still 12,412 bu of soybeans remaining in our silos. With the great amount of harvest income we cleared all of our debt, over $900,000. It feels good going into the next planting season with enough cash on hand to pay for the seed and fertilizer. Possibly some more land expansion this summer when we sell the soybeans in storage.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Planting corn in early Spring

Ignorance is bliss
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Lone Oak, late Autumn is here, cows and sheep are producing at full tilt, millyard is full, waiting until winter to feed all the wood into the mill (FPS is completely terrible around the mill never doing this again), and fields are all harvested, plowed, and fertilzed. Life is going well for this SimpleFarmer. Except he is still pacing back and forth in the kitchen in a nervous debate. To try making hay again next spring, or to just plant a crop he is more capable of farming. That is the question. His wife is trying to enjoy her coffee at the table and wishes he would just go outside but it is beginning to get cold out there. He decides to go out there anyway and ask the cows what they think. At least they *appear* to listen.
He decides to think about it over the winter in the long hours of moving wood into the sawmill. He also wonders how long until he can sell these limo cows and how much profit they will bring.
He also wonders why noone mentioned that not giving them straw wouldn't just make them "slightly less happy", but instead brought their health all the way down to like 65%.
The cows grow uneasy with his new train of thought...
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

What's going on on my farm . . . absolutely nothing , stopped rowing up for a cup of coffee then lost all track of time watching the local balloon festival pass by 😶

When they'd gone I had to get back & crack on with baling some hay for the sheep, little 313 did well on the baler today
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Just done harvesting.
Thought I’d drill in the Fall instead of Spring.
See how that goes. Will it enable me to harvest sooner?

We’ll see

Ignorance is bliss
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Spending some time in Osina, Poland. Last few days, we did some custom harvesting with the Dominator. We have moved onto some fert application with the 1455xl. Our Case 1455 puts out smoke black enough to enrage Greta.

When we get back to Marwell, we have our last cotton field to strip. And some baling hay.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----