What's going on, on your farm?

JeffFarmer1029

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by JeffFarmer1029 »

Year 3 early summer Canola and Oat harvest here in France. Got a good amount sitting in my silo ready to sell here at the beginning of autumn for a nice increase in my bank account. Kept the straw bales for some more of that free fertilizer from my cows.
Been spreading manure on the fields and cultivating that in for the next crop. Been a busy last few days, getting ready to cut some grass for more silage for my dairy operation and then get some winter wheat planted.
My workhorse around the farm, my old Massey. Over 24 working hours on this beast.

Purchased a new Lemken cultivator with sale of last year's soybean harvest.

Also purchased manure spreader option for my D-754.
This game made me convert to PC
GIANTS and Modders, what a game you have teamed up to create! Thank you!
Wannabe farmer with 1 acre in the city
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Year 3 on Welker, just finished planting the latest in the year I've ever gone. Had to wait all the way to day 7 of spring (9 day seasons) to put in my soybeans because the soil temp was too low. I've got soybeans on field 1, oats on 2 and sunflowers on 3 this year. Decided against buying another field in favor of equipment upgrades. I hope those beans ripen quickly, as I don't want to get to winter and be unable to harvest on account of the ground being frozen. But it's all in and preventive weed spraying is done, so now I just have to wait for first growth stage to apply final fertilizer.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I've planted below ground temp many times and everything was fine. You can harvest when the ground is frozen, and depending on what geo you have I think you can probably harvest up until the end of early winter.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Using the Shelby GEO.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I’ve gone and re-tooled my farm on Geiselsberg completely. I gave up on farming pigs for now. That can wait until I’m profitable, and am looking for a hobby. I’ve gone back to cropping.

I sold all my fields in the north, and bought land down around the farm yard you start in. I may have been a bit ambitious when buying land, and didn’t do my sums correctly. I wound up with 24ha, and only had a Claas Dominator 108 with which to harvest. After harvesting 5.5ha of Barley, and pelletising the straw, I decided that the 108 is taking too long, so I sold my soul to the bank, and now have a shiny new Claas Tucano 580. I’ll get the crops harvested now.

Let’s see if I can afford the loan repayments.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Im also on Gieselsberg;

I've since taken over fields 16 and 23, and expanded 23 to include the small area of grass in the lower right corner. Got a few days before my first harvest. In winter I'll clear the trees to the right of my yard, where the roads meet, but haven't decided what to do yet. I've only got 20 pigs so really need to expand upon that once my first harvest is in.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I have moved on to Western Shores FS17 map from Frontier Design. Huge amount of detail and no square fields. The only problem I have is everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road! :biggrin2:

Preparing a field for planting with my Massey Ferguson fleet.

My latest FS19 work is on Nebraska Lands USA also from Frontier Design. Huge fields flat and square pretty much what you would see driving through the plains lands in the US. Nice detail and choices for your home farm.

Harvesting my 140 acre field.

Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:58 pm Im also on Gieselsberg;

I've since taken over fields 16 and 23, and expanded 23 to include the small area of grass in the lower right corner. Got a few days before my first harvest. In winter I'll clear the trees to the right of my yard, where the roads meet, but haven't decided what to do yet. I've only got 20 pigs so really need to expand upon that once my first harvest is in.
Wow. Your farm is certainly cooler than mine. I’ve never bothered trying to build my own yard. Wouldn’t even know where to start!
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Ive had FS9 since launch and it's the first yard I've put together that I've been happy with. I haven't started landscaping at the far end by the trailer house as I ran out of money.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Trying to get some money together to buy the Premos 5000 and the pallet maker

Ignorance is bliss
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

Playing on greenwich Valley..just after expanding my dairy cow's upto 700..atm I'm flat out doing silage making my four silage pits an after that I've some oats an barley to harvest so plenty to be done..
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Enjoying the slower pace of life in the land of saints and scholars..oh and Guinness
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Just finished my corn chopping on shamrock valley. 👍 Any way, I have to do some feild preparation. I own 3\4 of the map and all of my paddocks need lime, plowing and fertilizer. This is going to be costly. 😨
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Spring Sugarbeet prep!

Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

harvested 500,000l of oats and 250,000l of wheat...

Also blew my single session/day bailing record out of the water