Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Mwal »

Selling steers!
Planting canola
Preparing to, and planting potatoes
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 pm Season 2, 1st day of spring. Sold 500 pigs and got 500 more. Starting to put anhydrous on. Finally had time to figure out the gps mod and it works pretty slick. Also finally downloaded courseplay, even though I haven't used it yet.
How exactly are you fertilizing? I tried anhydrous, in hopes of not having to do any cultivation prior to my direct drill to get 4 "applications" of fert (anhydrous before seeding, once during seeding, herbicide at 17% growth, last fert at 33%). However anhydrous is apparently just liquid fert, so it can't go immediately after after spraying liquid fert, and because its basically a cultivator with a liquid sprayer, you would need to do it before seeding. However that doesn't work because that then nullifies the liquid fert in the seeder. So anhydrous has the same faults in seasons as does a seeder with fert. I think I may have to resort to cultivating or buying manure (playing Mill Farmer map, not wanting to get into animals because its not MP-FE ready).
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

dan1109 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:46 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 pm Season 2, 1st day of spring. Sold 500 pigs and got 500 more. Starting to put anhydrous on. Finally had time to figure out the gps mod and it works pretty slick. Also finally downloaded courseplay, even though I haven't used it yet.
How exactly are you fertilizing? I tried anhydrous, in hopes of not having to do any cultivation prior to my direct drill to get 4 "applications" of fert (anhydrous before seeding, once during seeding, herbicide at 17% growth, last fert at 33%). However anhydrous is apparently just liquid fert, so it can't go immediately after after spraying liquid fert, and because its basically a cultivator with a liquid sprayer, you would need to do it before seeding. However that doesn't work because that then nullifies the liquid fert in the seeder. So anhydrous has the same faults in seasons as does a seeder with fert. I think I may have to resort to cultivating or buying manure (playing Mill Farmer map, not wanting to get into animals because its not MP-FE ready).

I'm guessing you are using manure in between anhydrous and seeding/fert?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I do it like I do irl. Put lime (if needed), and fert or manure down after harvest, plow if needed, i only put anhydrous down on where corn will be. Cultivate then plant with fertilizer in it. After the first growth stage spray liquid fertilizer down if needed.
Edit: also for beans i use a mandakto roller which does fertilizing state.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
AmericanFarmer23

Post by AmericanFarmer23 »

Just set up a 1200 cow dairy on westbridge hills. It’s currently winter, gonna do some Snow plowing and buy some combines. I’ve never been more excited for a save game before!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm getting ready to have a farm auction. I have a bunch of older machines that I'd like to get rid of. I don't really want to get rid of them, but I have too many machines around and keeping up with repairs is too much for my smaller operation on Osina. Plus, we purchased a new to us, used 4955 this past week and I'm getting ready for grass silage here in the next day or two. I harvested some potatoes with a neighboring farm's Ursus and an old Lanz potato harvester. So we are picking those all up. All in all everything is good on Osina. I've been looking into a cotton harvester for some time now. Deere gave me a quote for over 840 thousand Euros on it. So, I'm thinking of expanding the contract operation that way. A couple of local farmers have grown cotton and would like for me to do the custom harvesting as I am a local company, instead of the other guys.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Spring in New Woodshire. Shearing sheep, spreading the large amounts of manure that have accumulated over winter, and buying more land. I aquired a large field that was never harvested last year. Had to plow in the old crop residue and going to plant corn in another month. I'm going 100% corn this year in hopes of chopping it for silage. I sold my combine last fall and I don't really need to do any grain harvesting since my main income is from animals. I buy my pig food... It's too cheap not to.

I'm going to have to put up a lot of hay this year. I'm at 120 steers right now and looking to expand. Sheep and hogs are mostly for a hobby, not really all that profitable at the size I'm doing.

I'm also debating how worth-while it is to give my animals straw for bedding. They all have good pasture and aren't confined to a barn so I think they'll be fine without it this year. Probably no straw baling this time around.

Exercising the 4755. Image
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Berrman1967

Post by Berrman1967 »

My farm is currently at a stand still. It won't stop raining lol. Seemed to rain every night for almost a week. Now going on 20 straight hours of rain.
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Berrman1967 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:01 pm My farm is currently at a stand still. It won't stop raining lol. Seemed to rain every night for almost a week. Now going on 20 straight hours of rain.
Sounds like here in Ireland! :lol: :lol: :lol:
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Berrman1967

Post by Berrman1967 »

Not much different from Virginia this summer either.
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Berrman1967 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:40 pm Not much different from Virginia this summer either.
Didn't ye have a hurricane recently?
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Cowfarm

Post by Cowfarm »

No idea, havent been on my farm in a while, i am doing a bunch of contracts.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Spring Day 7, waiting on the soil temp to rise so I can put my soybeans in. Even if it's not there in ther next 2 days, we're supposed to be getting rain Friday, so I'll be putting them in anyway. A little concerned about the oilseed radish on field 3, planted it late last fall and it still hasn't sprouted yet. Might have to put the crop in on the field and do an extra round of fertilizing. As seen in the screenshot thread, I bought a new Case Steiger 470 for the farm. I needed one more 500+ HP tractor, and felt kind of nostalgic for my old Big Buds, so instead of another Quadtrac I figured I'd buy one of these.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Lat spring is here, time to finish planting and make first crop hay
Planting some sugar beets
Heading to bale hay
Chopping Haylage
The hauling crew
Some poor soul pulled the short straw because the 685 is on the baler
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I wanted to revive this thread as I am having fun using all the American mods I have been stockpiling waiting to use.

I'm on day four at my new farm in Griffin, Indiana. We have heard from the locals that there have been some sightings of the legendary bigfoot. Although we have yet to see the creature. On the farming side of things, I am in the middle of my first hay crop. I am selling most of my bales locally, to recoup some profit. I will keep some for my horses and cattle. But I will probally make around 5-600 all said and done. I got a good deal on some used equipment and bought some with the help of Machinery Pete. I have a 4440, and a Massey Ferguson Hesston small baler to do my bales. And I got a good local deal on a John Deere 2280 swather, to cut. It's older but she runs great. I am on the look out for an 8960, if anyone has some leads on a good used one in the Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky area. I'm gonna hope to get a field prepared to plant some soybean in the next few days.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----