What's going on, on your farm?

wombles

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by wombles »

Getting the silage in.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Started the harvest, then the rain had another idea. Used the downtime to get OSR on fields 20 and 21, and took a cultivation contract for $7k. Supposed to rain again tomorrow. Hoping I can get the rest of my crops in before they wither, but I should have a little time on that as they just became ready for harvest yesterday.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

We are planting our "winter" wheat crop on Osina with a new Bourgault FMS CD872-8 Seeder. Aside from that we are doing a plethora of Fertilizing contracts.

On Meadowgrove, we are doing a hay contract to make a few extra pounds, as we are getting ready for a milking herd.

And I'm gonna get a little slack for this, I'm still trying to decide on where to start farming in America. Upon finding out about Welker having all custom crop textures, it is calling me. But that is pretty far off yet, as we are still in the swing of things in Europe yet.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

How much time you guys put in daily? Takes me forever just to get to year 2 on seasons
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

chedly_farms wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:49 pm We are planting our "winter" wheat crop on Osina with a new Bourgault FMS CD872-8 Seeder. Aside from that we are doing a plethora of Fertilizing contracts.

On Meadowgrove, we are doing a hay contract to make a few extra pounds, as we are getting ready for a milking herd.

And I'm gonna get a little slack for this, I'm still trying to decide on where to start farming in America. Upon finding out about Welker having all custom crop textures, it is calling me. But that is pretty far off yet, as we are still in the swing of things in Europe yet.
Go with Welker. I have over 300 hours on that save and I still love it. Definitely get the Shelby GEO if you're playing seasons.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:55 pm How much time you guys put in daily? Takes me forever just to get to year 2 on seasons
I usually sit down Saturday afternoons and play through one season in its entirety. This weekend is the autumn of year 3.

EDIT: I also play on 5x speed.

Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:18 pm
Honkyfarmer wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:55 pm How much time you guys put in daily? Takes me forever just to get to year 2 on seasons
I usually sit down Saturday afternoons and play through one season in its entirety. This weekend is the autumn of year 3.

EDIT: I also play on 5x speed.
I kept map jumping over the years plus dont have much time. Hoping stone valley is "the map" of this version for me.....finally. I was gonna try welker as me and son watch their YouTube channel.....but seemed too remote for my taste. I play on 5x also but wish there was a 10x
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Yeah, I did since jumping too until I finally landed on Welker. I think it's the big fields that I like. After all, in 15 it was Westbridge Hills, 17 I didn't play that much, but when I did it was Goldcrest Valley.

Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

I guess that's why I jumped to stone valley. Big fields yet some life and nice custom animal pens. Welkers did not have animals default and i was worried that slot count would get ate up trying to build a farm
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Fell asleep mowing a field and drove into a ditch. Still waiting on the tow rig to show.
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
AmericanFarmer23

Post by AmericanFarmer23 »

Just put my westbridge hill play off to the side and jumped into stone valley. So far can’t complain!
Ironsword

Post by Ironsword »

I moved into Purbeck Farm! I liked the area but the main farm itself was a bit cramped so we sold the second yard and built a new modern one, with silos, storage for materials and equipment, in the bottom of field 61. In the middle of spring we have our trusted Ford 240 Genesis Turbo sowing fields 35 and 36 with canola and field 62 with oats. The other workhorse a Fendt 515c is in fertilizing duty on fields 41, 42 and the rest of field 61, these will provide hay that we will store for the future. Meanwhile we have our D754 truck shuttling to the shop and filling our silo with liquid fertilizer and in the future we will build a silo for seed and solid fertilizer also. Last we bought a beautiful classic in the form of a Ursus c360 III that will be in charge of supporting the animals on Purbeck next year. Busy days!
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Big weekend for Wheelman Farms. On RP, added field 13, and joined fields 14-15 and 16-17 into two bigger fields, while adding 3-6M around all the edges. Took the plunge on some bigger tools, adding the GP planter and Lemken Gigant. Finally, sold my trusty NH CR 8.90 and dropped the cash on an IDEAL. (I wanted the big grain capacity...) Contemplating a new map...

Ironsword- love the avatar- Revell PV-1? (Yeah, I have a bad styrene habit, too...)
Old fat guy with a day job...
kwguk

Post by kwguk »

Desperately trying to finish harvest before season is over.
started lifting sugar beet
Started foraging maize for the BGA
Still drilling next years cereal crops
Selling 200 Limousin cattle to the animal dealer
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

:hmm: I just realized that the screen shots thread isn’t as active as it used to be ... I wonder why..... :confusednew:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew: