What's going on, on your farm?

Mwal

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Mwal »

Sad day, sold off the 9400. I have had it a while and its a good tractor but I just needed something more flexible as the farm grows bigger, and when shopping around I found a nice 775E with row crops and a spray rig
Putting her straight to work!
Hauled some small squares to the new little dairy
Also chopped a little silage. The decision with the dairy is to run 75 head out of the barn and move the young stock to the main dairy. Any bull calves will be fed out at the current feedlot until we put up a small feedlot at this site. Might also raise some sheep here as well but that's in the future.
F****** Idiots
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

Where can I find that spray rig?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Not sure anymore as I have had it for a while, if I remember right the original author may have quit maybe try the big sites🤷‍♂️
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think it was like kcs or something and was leaked and not finished. Maybe someone else has finished it by now.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

That sounds right, they released it because of the leak unfinished and quit working on it or something
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Started harvesting corn and it went really well, there was rain in the forecast but it never ended up raining so it was a pretty easy harvest.
First Hopper of the corn harvest
Two combines and a cart taking off the big fields at the home place
The third combine is taking off some high moisture corn and two small fields up north of the main farm.
Were drying!
Filled up The main elevator and one and a half drying bins also a harvester silo and a half for a grand total of 2.5 million liters of corn
After the corn was off I started raking and baling stalks
Need more wrap
And a bit more
ARRGH I knew I should have just gotten the bigger pallet the first time
Time to haul
last few bales being picked up ended up with 1,300 8000 liter big bales of stalks
I slept until after the sun came up for once, feels good to be done with the stuff i was worried I wouldn't finish
Brought most the harvest equipment in to get serviced washed and parked for the year, the tractors will be busy with tillage but the winter crop seeding is done so the bourgault can go back in its cage (left it next to the rail tracks bad idea with the sliding had to send out a search party). Its the first time since last winter I have had this much of my stuff in the yard at once only thing missing is several tractors and the chopper and haying equipment, that's all on a hundred acre field we bought to turn into my potato field next year, it had grass on it so I figured I might as well bale and sell the hay since its just there. The two other grain trucks are missing also, the ugly silver ones they are getting repainted to match the pictured two and getting new boxes they should look pretty sharp with red boxes.
Now just setting up the pig operation as I will be trucking in pigs for a while, 500 feeders to fill the barn.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

That’s:
a. Nice stacking
b. I thought I did a lot of bales! :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Someone's been busy
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah corn harvest is my favorite job in this game, followed by beets and planting potatoes. The stacks on the forks are my work but the ones on the trailer are easy autoload I just bring em to the trailer. I use to be a purist and insist on doing everything manually but having bale trailers explode every three loads for nothing other than wonky physics kinda made me hate the game and not wanna play. It’s especially frustrating when I try to do this many at once, so I switched and will never go back.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:28 pm Yeah corn harvest is my favorite job in this game, followed by beets and planting potatoes. The stacks on the forks are my work but the ones on the trailer are easy autoload I just bring em to the trailer. I use to be a purist and insist on doing everything manually but having bale trailers explode every three loads for nothing other than wonky physics kinda made me hate the game and not wanna play. It’s especially frustrating when I try to do this many at once, so I switched and will never go back.
I know what you mean.
My system has become:
Large Square Bale
Arcusin (the big one) and haul to road entrance.
Claas Scorpion 1033 (reach is nice) and the BSM bale grab.
Lizard Excalibur (I think that the big 3 axle flatbed)
Grab stacks of 4 bales from the 16 bale stacks and place on trailer until full.
Then haul to a GTX bale shed or sell point.
Still get my manual loading fix but have the ease of auto load.

Now when I did round corn fodder bales I used a 6155R and 643R loader to place them on a 22ft Broughn bale trailer behind my Claas 870 (it was available and is fast) and hauled to the sell point. Getting out every bale or 2 to strap prevented most mishaps but the bale physics still were a pain (bale sticking to fork)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
I like those forks, they have dynamic attach so they’re locked until you unlock them. I unload and load a fair amount of straw with a pay loser. It’s extremely frustrating for it to be more difficult than real life for me, haha
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:53 pm pay loser
:lol:
Is that a hired worker after getting stuck in a tree? :lol:
I’ll have to check that fork out.
And also happy 1,000th reply on this thread.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Haha sorry pay loader
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

They don't build em like they used too haha, yeah it has to be cut with a chainsaw and is an incredibly tedious process
Whoops
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Got new boxes and paint on the old trucks
Hauled In a quarter of a million liters of washed spuds with them
Also Hauled in 900,000 liters of canola
Got a new used tractor off the auction, should solve my problems of not enough small tractors to go around during harvest
Shredded some silage bales
Other than that just manure, tillage and buying some new toys