What's going on, on your farm?

Mwal

Re: What's going on, on your farm?

Post by Mwal » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Noraf wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:12 pm
Mwal, how many bales did you get from that field?
It’s two fields, one in each picture. all together it’s was 190 probably 2/3s in the pic with the baler and 1/3 in the one with the loader. I need 192 for a full year if all my pens are full so I’m 2 short haha. But I have a field of oats that has about 100 bales there also when it’s ready then after that I’m selling this roll belt (way to much stopping and starting) and getting an agco high density.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 pm

The noises those bakers make drive me insane, cant imagine doing nearly 300! And the beeping...
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Current Saves:
Medicine Creek-2.75 hrs.
Geiselsberg-2.25 hrs.
New Woodshire-YT Channel
If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

Noraf

Post by Noraf » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:06 pm

:shock: *thumbsup* impressive work, i definently preffer the big bales.
:hi:
Stop in and check out the FS community traiding forum
For all your dynamic sales and roleplaying needs @ FS Comunity Trader
:gamer:

iwan073

Post by iwan073 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:13 pm

Baling baling baling

Baling fields 1 & 2 in Sussex. This is taking forever

Even the game is tired of the baling.
It won’t continue until I sell the ones I have 🤭

Farming Simulator 15, 17 & 19 on the PlayStation 4 Pro

Mwal

Post by Mwal » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:28 pm

Dairydeere wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 pm
The noises those bakers make drive me insane, cant imagine doing nearly 300! And the beeping...
Figured you would like this
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9766257427

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Late night bailing contract!

Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

Currently Playing:
Lone Oak: 488 hours (Over 3 Save Games)
Year 4, 9 day seasons
-420 Holsteins
-40 Rotating Salers
-30 Yorkshire Breeders (Farrow to Feeder Operation)
-New Holland Farm

Hazzard County: 53 hours
Year 1, 9 day seasons
-40 Holsteins
-John Deere and Case

SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 pm

I watched a cool 4k drone video of farming in BC or something, where it looks like the fields stretch over the horizon. I haven't even owned a large tractor for a couple months, so I decided to give this type of farming a try.
I started on Welker farms, which seemed kind of like that area, and the goal is just to do this super large scale farming as realistic as I could - based on the video :) I have no clue how farming is actually done being as I've never done it or even really seen it IRL.
I don't drive the trucks on the field, and buy all my fertilizer and seed from the shop (love how much seed we go through, so much pallet handling). I've found if I do stuff like landscaping, mowing my lawns, tree removal with the telehandler and chainsaw, etc, it's been kind of fun.
I got a seed pallet to unload to leave me only the pallet, which I kept for tree removal. I just stand on the pallet and can reach the upper branches of these larger hardwoods. I've fallen off a few times but it seems I'm surprisingly resilient.
I play on an Xbox so it's a lot of driving the auger wagon around - but judging from the video, that seems to be what it would really be like. Also it's almost essential to own a JCB :)
Here's the vid: https://youtu.be/OXWMHxT6cNw
Console user

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 pm

Welkers has their own YouTube channel as well
Facebook Page

Currently Playing:
Year 4, 9 day seasons
-420 Holsteins
-40 Rotating Salers
-New Holland Farm

Year 1, 9 day seasons
-40 Holsteins
-John Deere and Case

SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:00 pm

FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 pm
I actually saw that - but I was saying to myself "what's with the huge white tractors they use". Those things look like they're from the 60's haha. On my farm we can afford nice things :)
Console user

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 pm

SimpleFarmer wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:00 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 pm
I actually saw that - but I was saying to myself "what's with the huge white tractors they use". Those things look like they're from the 60's haha. On my farm we can afford nice things :)
Lol Big Buds. I think they actually have their versions of the Big Bud on the Modhub. Those tractors are awesome!
Facebook Page

Currently Playing:
Year 4, 9 day seasons
-420 Holsteins
-40 Rotating Salers
-New Holland Farm

Year 1, 9 day seasons
-40 Holsteins
-John Deere and Case

Florish

Post by Florish » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 pm

Fall did his entrance in Rade. Currently my early spring seeded oat is being harvested. After that we have to bale and stack the straw, and hopefully we get the time to do all this before the sugarbeets are ready for harvesting. Sugrrbeets are 2 medium sized fields all on top of rade sp that will be al lot of hauling with the trailers.

Other than that my wife keeps the cows feeded abd clean.

Dagrump

Post by Dagrump » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:26 pm

The harvest crew is nearly done with the last field of soybeans and stopped to have lunch at the Taco stand. Darn, and I am not allowed to have one. :neutralnew:

My granddaughter came home from college to help with the winter seeding. She handles that big CaseIH 380CVX Magnum with the 12m Horsch seeder better than any of the hired hands.

Maps: FS17 Loan Oaks Farm and Tazewell County Illinois
FS19: Michigan map, Old Timers Farm and Hoosier Heartland

Ravenblade86

Post by Ravenblade86 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:07 pm

First season in Holmåkra and I'm having a bit of a fight with the spring weather in Sweden. Who would have guessed that it would have snowed on the first time of mid spring and the ground temp would still be below freezing? :hmm:

While I'm waiting on the conditions to improve so I can get on with some fieldwork, I've been busy doing a lot of forestry clearing the old disused forestry road to speed up the trip to shop and I've been clearing land to get a new field in.

The Griffin with the snowplough is great for moving snow of the roads, but she doesn't like the snow banks so we had to call in the winter service crew to try and help shift some of the snow to make the run to Holmakra Timber a bit easier.
At least the weather has given time to get the LWG Sawmill up and running so we are producing our own timber products now.

If the weather doesn't improve soon I'll have to keep focusing on clearing some more farm land and start to get ready to set up a tree nursery.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:28 am

SimpleFarmer wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 pm
I watched a cool 4k drone video of farming in BC or something, where it looks like the fields stretch over the horizon. I haven't even owned a large tractor for a couple months, so I decided to give this type of farming a try.
I started on Welker farms, which seemed kind of like that area, and the goal is just to do this super large scale farming as realistic as I could - based on the video :) I have no clue how farming is actually done being as I've never done it or even really seen it IRL.
I don't drive the trucks on the field, and buy all my fertilizer and seed from the shop (love how much seed we go through, so much pallet handling). I've found if I do stuff like landscaping, mowing my lawns, tree removal with the telehandler and chainsaw, etc, it's been kind of fun.
I got a seed pallet to unload to leave me only the pallet, which I kept for tree removal. I just stand on the pallet and can reach the upper branches of these larger hardwoods. I've fallen off a few times but it seems I'm surprisingly resilient.
I play on an Xbox so it's a lot of driving the auger wagon around - but judging from the video, that seems to be what it would really be like. Also it's almost essential to own a JCB :)
Here's the vid: https://youtu.be/OXWMHxT6cNw
For supply, I like to take a semi with a Wilson pacesetter up to the quonset and fill half seed half fert, so 30,000L each. Then with a little jockeying, you can get the pipe off the seed hawk or the hatzenbichler under it and fill that way.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:46 pm

Had all intentions of carrying on with the work on Osina, but chose Marwell yesterday. In the middle of loading 90+ bales without an auto loader and then stacking them back in the home barn. About halfway done. I'm probably going to sell 30+ or so.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Marwell Manor Farm, 460 + hours
Osina, 45+ hours