Baling & wrapping square bales grass silage in one pass

bojanh66

Baling & wrapping square bales grass silage in one pass

Post by bojanh66 »

It would be very nice to have something like this ingame to make square bale wrapping more efficient and save time...there would be no need for two tractors doing baling, then wrapping.
anthu

Re: Baling & wrapping square bales grass silage in one pass

Post by anthu »

If this
Is a option,
then deckers follow me mod:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
A oneinall baleerwrapper is only for roundbales ingame
Lg
Andreas
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I can do that with courseplay, but thats not the point.
I dont want to use 2 tractors for those operations, one for baling, one for wrapping, i want to do the same in 1 go, as in video ;), saves a lot of time.
And i know i can do that with round baler/wrapper, thats what i do, but i would love to do that with square baler/wrapper, cuz square bales are way easier to handle.

So, back to topic, would love to see machine like in 1st post.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, if you're on pc, you atleast can do rake and bale in one go with the nadal front rake mod.
Black Sheep had a setup that worked like this in earlier version of the game i belive. Though i don't belive i've seen a setup like that in 19 yet?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Do you maybe mean on this mod ?
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017

Because i dont remember seeing square baler + wrapper combo in FS 17, but maybe i am wrong, i know only for round baler / wrapper combo.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Those balers, and a McHale i belive it was ( wrapper from another modder, but the balers used was from BSM)
Didn't BSM also have a bigger autostacker for those balers? (a bit ot but still :) )

Personaly i use the Pöettinger x-flow from the contest, so i got it all in one swath when running silage bales, bale, collecting with a stacker, and use the x-tractor for wrapping. If it's hay, i use the Nadal front rake and rake & bale in one go.
I find the handeling and storage is easier with the x-tractor :)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I use also mowers which leaves a swath, saves some time on raking, and for now i am using round baler/wrapper Claas combo, saves some time too, because it does the job in one go, but i just hate handling round bales, especially because i play on hilly map (Oakfield) and i use anti rolling bales mod, but still they roll.
This is the reason i am thinking to switch to square baler and wrapper, i will need to hire 2 tractors for this operation, but at least square bales stay in place and they always unload in same position, while round bales can unload on top or on side, depends on hilly field.

Now, the perfect combo would be square baler + wrapper + bale collector of 3 or 4 bales in one go :D, then you just approach with front loader and load 3-4 bales on the trailer.

We are getting soon Straw Harvest Addon (Krone DLC Pack) and i hope there will be something like this
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

bojanh66 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 pm ... i use anti rolling bales mod, but still they roll.
Which mod is that? I'd be quite interested in checking it out. I tried searching ModHub, but can't seem to find anything.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Most of the good mods are not on modhub, but on some other sites.
If you go on Google and type Stable Bales v1.0 FS19, you will find it.
It helps a lot, round bales are way more stable, but when you play on Oakfield, some of them still rolls :D
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

bojanh66 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:22 pm Most of the good mods are not on modhub, but on some other sites.
If you go on Google and type Stable Bales v1.0 FS19, you will find it.
It helps a lot, round bales are way more stable, but when you play on Oakfield, some of them still rolls :D
Awesome! Thanks. I'll check it out. It stinks having to run around with my tractor to block bales from rolling all over the place while I'm trying to work. :lol:

Edit: I noticed it says 'replaces', does this mean it won't work with bale sizes other than the default 4k? I use a modded baler that can make 4k, 8k 12k and 20k bales. Think it would still work with those, or would it replace them with a 4k one?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I use variable bale capacity mod to produce 20k bales and it works with them.
Make backup of your savegame and give it a try on some hilly field, you should notice that most of the bales will stay in same spot, but some of them will maybe roll.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Stryder87 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:29 pmAwesome! Thanks. I'll check it out. It stinks having to run around with my tractor to block bales from rolling all over the place while I'm trying to work. :lol:
On Oakfield even on the steepest fields you can stop the bales from rolling just by angling across the hill before ejecting, just as you would in real life.
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:03 pm
Stryder87 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:29 pmAwesome! Thanks. I'll check it out. It stinks having to run around with my tractor to block bales from rolling all over the place while I'm trying to work. :lol:
On Oakfield even on the steepest fields you can stop the bales from rolling just by angling across the hill before ejecting, just as you would in real life.
Yup. I try to do that, but sometimes they just want to turn and roll down the hill to play in traffic anyway! :lol:
krambc

Post by krambc »

Maybe this?
[youtube]https://youtu.be/oLV6NTP5Sig[/youtube]