Baling & wrapping square bales grass silage in one pass

DEERE317

Re: Baling & wrapping square bales grass silage in one pass

Post by DEERE317 »

Video is private.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If you're doing grass silage, you can use a forrager, and this for a all in one roundbale operation.
Did try to get it to work with chaff, but there are some fishy things that happends. I get it to fill and bale the chaff, but I can't get the wrapper to wrap the bales.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

There is a port of the vanilla game Kuhn round baler/wrapper into a square baler/wrapper. It gives a lot more foil colours and options for 8000, 12,000, 20,000 litre bales in the default 4000 litre bale sizes.
It's not on ModHub but a suitable Google search should find it easily enough. It works well (almost too well) but the sileage bale wrapping texture is borked - it drops the bale as a smooth hay texture (no hairy bits) that then switches to the chosen bale foil colour when placed in storage.

I'm assuming there's no official square baler/wrapper on modhub due to no all-in-one item in real life, which to me is an incredible oversight by the farming equipment industry.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Eische

Post by Eische »

TheGazbeard wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:20 am I'm assuming there's no official square baler/wrapper on modhub due to no all-in-one item in real life, which to me is an incredible oversight by the farming equipment industry.
That would be the best explanation. Maybe someone comes up with a squarebaler that has a rear attacher for a seperate bale wrapper.
I modified the JD 690 for this purpose by just adding a rear attacher. But there is no visible representation of that attacher, which gives an awkward look:

A combined squarebaler-wrapper in real life seems to be quite difficult. While roundbale wrappers are prette compact in size, squarebale wrappers need a lot more space. That might be the main problem.

But maybe we will see something like this in the future. At least Krone has filed a patent for a combined squarebale-wrapper back in 2014:
https://data.epo.org/publication-server ... cument.pdf
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

That's some workaround Eische - and surely is longer that a combo square baler/wrapper would be?

Curious why you use that windrower between tractor and baler though - wouldn't it be easier / better to use the X8 Varia mowers with inbuilt windrowing? Their in-game cost is the same as the standard Novacats in the vanilla game that it looks like you're using already in the screenshot.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
anthu

Post by anthu »

Eische wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:09 am
TheGazbeard wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:20 am I'm assuming there's no official square baler/wrapper on modhub due to no all-in-one item in real life, which to me is an incredible oversight by the farming equipment industry.
That would be the best explanation. Maybe someone comes up with a squarebaler that has a rear attacher for a seperate bale wrapper.
I modified the JD 690 for this purpose by just adding a rear attacher. But there is no visible representation of that attacher, which gives an awkward look:

A combined squarebaler-wrapper in real life seems to be quite difficult. While roundbale wrappers are prette compact in size, squarebale wrappers need a lot more space. That might be the main problem.

But maybe we will see something like this in the future. At least Krone has filed a patent for a combined squarebale-wrapper back in 2014:
https://data.epo.org/publication-server ... cument.pdf
If you will spare the swather, use my pöttinger mowers:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
The can swath the grass and your "grass-train" is a bit shorter.
Lg
Andreas
Walbers101-1

Post by Walbers101-1 »

bojanh66 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:27 pm It would be very nice to have something like this ingame to make square bale wrapping more efficient and save time...there would be no need for two tractors doing baling, then wrapping.
here is the link to one.
http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/k ... -1-0-fs19/
krambc

Post by krambc »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:49 pm Video is private.
Sorry. Late, but now is public

Edit don_apple: fixed link to youtube video so that it shows up directly in the post.
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

The only problem I see is it could be possible with the square bailers, but the one I tested that would work the best in fs22 it has no hitch at the end of the trailer for a bale wrapper to connect too. That is just my test and the one that looks like it would fit good on the front sends the row to the left side, which you need one that sends to the center for that too work.

Edit: I just tested the ability to put them together and not the work, didn't have any grass at the time. I also had a hard time connecting the bale wrapper, the square baler has no rear hitch to connect.