Fertilizing; What I've noticed

iwan073

Fertilizing; What I've noticed

Post by iwan073 »

Alright some of you might, after reading this, go like DUH! And wonder why it took me this long to find out.
But I just did :mrgreen:

On Farming Simulator 17 after you harvested, you could use a solid fertilizer to lay down the first layer.
Then you could pick a seeder/fertilizer/cultivator combo to seed and it would lay the second layer of fertilizer.

This doesn't work in Farming Simulator 19 anymore. You will have to cultivate or plow the field after the first layer of solid fertilizer to be able to use the seeder/fertilizer/cultivater combo and get the second layer of fertilizer.
This is weird, cause the combo has a cultivator build in. So technically the field is being cultivated while using that combo.
Or you can use the combo first, wait for the first growth stage and then use the solid fertilizer for the second layer.

The thing I realized now, is that when you use manure or slurry for the first layer, you can use the combo right after and you do get your second layer of fertilization...
(I believe you can even use the combo first and then use slurry/manure)

So yeah. For those of you who did not know. There ya have it.

What I do wonder about the combo's though... did they change the "internal process" from cultivating - fertilizing - seeding to fertilizing - cultivating - seeding?
Ignorance is bliss
PrincessJessi84

Re: Fertilizing; What I've noticed

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I think it has more to do with the info layers.. they new stuff with lime and what have u.. unless im mistaken, this change was one of the ways they made it happen
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If you fertilise, then drill (without fertiliser in it) you can immediately fertilise again.

Also, if lime is needed, you can fertliser, spread lime and then spread fertiliser again, all without needing to drill/cultivate or anything.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 pm
I know. But that wasn’t the point.

It was about the seeder/fertilizer/cultivater combos
Ignorance is bliss
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Sorry for daring to try adding to a discussion. Thought it might have been equally useful for someone reading the thread. :rolleyesnew:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

You’re forgiven :mrgreen:
Ignorance is bliss
wombles

Post by wombles »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 pm If you fertilise, then drill (without fertiliser in it) you can immediately fertilise again.

Also, if lime is needed, you can fertliser, spread lime and then spread fertiliser again, all without needing to drill/cultivate or anything.
Now the latter I didn't know thanks Gav.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

A no till planter or seeder isn't tilling before putting the seed in the ground.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Crazof wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:46 am A no till planter or seeder isn't tilling before putting the seed in the ground.
So you’re saying it does the tilling AFTER the seeding?
That doesn’t make sense, to me.
The tilling after the seeding would undo the seeding. At least that’s how I think the game mechanics work.

So what has changed between FS17 and FS19 then concerning these no-till seeders?
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 pm Also, if lime is needed, you can fertliser, spread lime and then spread fertiliser again, all without needing to drill/cultivate or anything.
It also appears that the game sees all the different kinds of fertilizer, as a different soil state.
By accident I noticed today that you can add manure right after slurry. It will give you a second fertilization state.

Still my question remains:

If you can solid fertilize, cultivate and solid fertilize again...
Then why won’t this work with the no-till seeders (anymore)?

Unless the no-till seeder fertilizes BEFORE tilling.

Just to make something clear...
A no-till seeder is a seeder/cultivater combo?
Like this machine?

Ignorance is bliss
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Direct seeders/planters are not tilling, the ground state changes directly to planted in game.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Crazof wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:05 pm Direct seeders/planters are not tilling, the ground state changes directly to planted in game.
So what are the direct seeders in-game?

The seeders I was talking about are the combinations of cultivators, seeders and fertilizers. I thought those were the no-till seeders. I don’t know all the terms... just a virtual farmer. English not being my native language doesn’t always help either, trying to explain what I mean.

What would you call a seeder like this then:

Ignorance is bliss
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:19 pm The seeders I was talking about are the combinations of cultivators, seeders and fertilizers. I thought those were the no-till seeders.
No-till means that the ground isn't tilled (cultivated) before or during planting. So, direct drills change the ground state from harvested to planted without the cultivation step.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

But still no one is telling me how you’d call that seeder I’m showing
Ignorance is bliss
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

In game terms that is a direct seeder, also known in real life as no till. The thing about in game is that there is predefined textures for each ground state, so harvested, vs cultivated, vs planted all look a specific way. IRL no till seeding may not look much different than say harvested, except for some new lines in the soil where the seed was put in.