Once You find *YOUR* map...

chedly_farms

Once You find *YOUR* map...

Post by chedly_farms » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Once you find a map that you call home, and you put 200 + hours in, and to landscape and add trails, and buildings, etc., do you find it hard to start a new map?

I've been playing Marwell now for close to 450 hours. I've placed a horse pen up in the woods past the grain bin. I've also divided some fields up. I've also repainted the farm yard to make the area by the Manure pit/milk tank my main mechanic area. And also, I've worked up to some pretty nice machines. I find it hard to start new maps, because they don't feel like home, if that makes sense. The grind to get money to buy the ideal farm is usually less than ideal, meaning you are probably using too small of equipment at times. I like playing a "finished farm". I like the luxuries of planting cotton if I want because I have a cotton harvester. or I like to cut down a few trees, just to do it, because I saved up money to buy the forest. While some of you love the grind, so to speak: how many of you love playing the end result?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Osina, 200+ hours
Stone Valley x2, 1 1/2 hours
Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours - Retired.....

EyesJoshuaMF

Re: Once You find *YOUR* map...

Post by EyesJoshuaMF » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:26 pm

I know this feeling for sure!
Ive only got 200 hours on oakfield, but it really feels like home. I loved marwell, but i destroyed my savegame there....I went back to it but not with the same vibes. I honestly couldnt leave oakfield 19 now... ive made so much progress with it that i couldnt bare starting over!

17 is definitely my favourite FS game - it’s been a few weeks since I visited 19 as I been on my new West Coast save. Bulletbill has made an absolute masterpiece of that map, and it will always be my absolute favourite of all time. I think I’m in for the long haul!
Last edited by EyesJoshuaMF on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:28 pm

That map for me in 17 was Oakfield, the strange thing is I now can't get into the 19 version as it highlights all the aspects of 19 that I really don't like compared to 17. Maps I've not played before I don't have such an issue with.

WMRmodding

Post by WMRmodding » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Yeah I’m like that on Greenwich. I’m in love with this place. I’ve never known a map with so much detail and the feeling of it being real. Oakfeild on 17 and valley the old farm are the only other two maps where I’ve had that felling. I’m looking forward to sham Rock as well because it was awesome in 17 but unfortunately came out just before 19 dropped so was only just getting the hang of the map. But definitely know what you are saying.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding

ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:05 pm

in 17 it was Welker and Sonsovka I couldn't even tell you how many hours I had on those two, Welker was straight grain and Sosnovka was grain and dairy.
I've only been on 19 for a few months so far but most of my time has been on Alberta and Welker again. Welker is deviating a bit from what I have done in the past and reality in that I am experimenting with beef cattle and cotton there. I also have long term plans to modify field sizes and shapes there.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.

Armchairfarmer

Post by Armchairfarmer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:37 pm

On 17 it The Valley the old farm, had 900 hours on it on 19 it’s Ravenport, 1500 hours and counting.

hugassi

Post by hugassi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:42 pm

on 17 the map I played the most was BulletBill's The West Coast, on 19 maybe Merwell Manor but I still really like to start a new map with little new strategies and goals but in fact what I miss most is seasons mod on console.
GIANTS Software: Partner Program
full "FS" collection / pc / ps4
https://www.twitch.tv/the72farmer/

hun3

Post by hun3 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:48 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:21 pm
Once you find a map that you call home, and you put 200 + hours in, and to landscape and add trails, and buildings, etc., do you find it hard to start a new map?

I've been playing Marwell now for close to 450 hours. I've placed a horse pen up in the woods past the grain bin. I've also divided some fields up. I've also repainted the farm yard to make the area by the Manure pit/milk tank my main mechanic area. And also, I've worked up to some pretty nice machines. I find it hard to start new maps, because they don't feel like home, if that makes sense. The grind to get money to buy the ideal farm is usually less than ideal, meaning you are probably using too small of equipment at times. I like playing a "finished farm". I like the luxuries of planting cotton if I want because I have a cotton harvester. or I like to cut down a few trees, just to do it, because I saved up money to buy the forest. While some of you love the grind, so to speak: how many of you love playing the end result?
Oh man I wish..I just posted a thread about too many map options...I cant make up my mind. I think I have commitment issues :confusednew:

hun3

Post by hun3 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Armchairfarmer wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:37 pm
On 17 it The Valley the old farm, had 900 hours on it on 19 it’s Ravenport, 1500 hours and counting.
Valley was amazing....that map was sooo perfect had everything. I put the most hours in that.

El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:05 pm

I have issues staying with a map for too long. Felsbrun 40h, Mill Midlands Enhanced 30h, Greenwhich 30h and then I get a little bored. But I can't find a good successor and play a bit here and there. Started playing with seasons, but after 1 season I get bored already.
Think I still need to find my "home" map. On other maps I tried all different kinds of setups and startups. Small, medium, large equipment, old equipment.

cvKurt

Post by cvKurt » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Not particularly... I bring by playthroughs to an end when I run out of ideas on how to continue the storyline. For a good map/storyline, I tend to play 200-400 hours before I start something new. Currently playing Dreisternhof, approaching 200 hours on it and I think I'll get another 100-200 hours out of this great map.

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Though it's not on FS19 I will always call Coldborough Park Farm my FS home, the first proper mod map I spent any real time on and I loved it so much I would feel like I was cheating on it if I were to pick something else. I played a silly number of hours on it in FS15 and FS17.

In FS19 it would be Oakfield (lots of time spent on it in FS17 too), though it's difficult to pick between it and Marwell.

Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Up until now, I've never found a map that could take over Altenstein from 17, until now. I really struggled to get a map which felt as nice and as homely as Altenstein did. If that map ever returned (god willing) I would go back in a heartbeat.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- Co-owner of FSClub
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
-AMD Radeon RX 590 8GB
-16GB DDR4 @3200MHz
-1TB/500GB Storage
-Samsung 55'' Q8D QLED 4K (HDR 1500) TV

OshkoshPLS

Post by OshkoshPLS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:09 pm

Lone oak would almost be my home map but with seasons in testing it is hard to put in alot of hours just to need a new save game and potentially lose those hours

brinko04

Post by brinko04 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:28 pm

I have played past the grind on 2013 and 2015, and I haven't been able to on 2019 yet.
-Landscaping opened a whole new world.
-John Deere on FS19 is a dream come true.
-I have played a bunch of maps Ravenport 250+ hours; Felsbrunn 150+ hours; New Woodshire/Pacific Northwest 100+ hours; Lone Oak 80+ hours; Welker Farms 25 hours and counting.

I just don't have "that map" yet.....nothing more, nothing less. Love the game, love the features, love the selection of equipment; truly having a great time. I just want something that is very similar to Nebraska before I go past the grind again I think. I am an Xbox 1 player, otherwise I would already be at that point I'm sure.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska