Once You find *YOUR* map...

fenixguy

Re: Once You find *YOUR* map...

Post by fenixguy »

I've never put more than 150 hours into any map. Once a map becomes a "chore" and I feel like I'm running myself to death to keep up with everything going on, I quit.

It only takes me about 5 mins to determine if a map is going to be "home" or not. Right now it's Oakfield. Marwell was a close second but I liked the farm layout and smaller fields on Oakfield better.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I know Lone Oak and Dreisternhof felt like coming home.

But if they’re my maps....?
Ignorance is bliss
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Minibrunn through and through. Relax, have a smoke, look at the mountains.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Frag

Post by Frag »

I am surprised that nobody here talked about the Old Stream Farm. I have 400 hours so far in that Season ready map and I changed the landscape SO MUCH that the creator of the map himself would not recognize some areas of it. No cheat ...all manual labor.

That map has tons of twisted road and small fields .... then for the end game you can buy a gargantuan 2.2 millions dollars field on the north side of the map. I completely chopped down one of the large forest to create that perfect wooden hill to build my house and give it a Ranch vibe. Feels like paradise on earth. It will be very difficult to me to leave that map. I invested so much time in it.

I am an ex player of minecraft who played thousands of hours in the same world. I really like to sculpt the world to my liking. For me, sculpting that Ranch to my liking is AS important as managing my animals/crops. I would for Farming Simulator to offer more options to customized our world ...
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

On “my” maps I spend about 100 hours per save then start on a new map. I find it hard to spend over 100 hours per save.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

I don't find it hard. I just make sure I don't delete that map! I always enjoy exploring new maps
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Deora

Post by Deora »

I don’t know how many ours i played on The Old Stream Farm. But i found it difficult to start on a new map. Thank god Greenriver is now live. I’m from the Netherlands so it feels like home.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
JaVaDy

Post by JaVaDy »

I have played Ravenport for 621 hours. Because of constantly "fighting" the slot count it became less joyful.

I switched to a couple of other maps, but couldn't get the "home feeling". Now I'm playing Farming Legend Console and that's the right map for the next couple of hundred hours.

It's hard to change maps and get the right feeling again.
Former Xbox One S player, now on PC :-D
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Yeah, but once I do finally switch I find it hard to go back as well.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Frag wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:49 am I am surprised that nobody here talked about the Old Stream Farm. I have 400 hours so far in that Season ready map and I changed the landscape SO MUCH that the creator of the map himself would not recognize some areas of it. No cheat ...all manual labor.

That map has tons of twisted road and small fields .... then for the end game you can buy a gargantuan 2.2 millions dollars field on the north side of the map. I completely chopped down one of the large forest to create that perfect wooden hill to build my house and give it a Ranch vibe. Feels like paradise on earth. It will be very difficult to me to leave that map. I invested so much time in it.

I am an ex player of minecraft who played thousands of hours in the same world. I really like to sculpt the world to my liking. For me, sculpting that Ranch to my liking is AS important as managing my animals/crops. I would for Farming Simulator to offer more options to customized our world ...
I can't get into the 19 version of it. I had 600+ hours on it in 17. I loved how small and secluded it was. 19 just feels off. The updated graphics are changing the way it feels to me as well, which is sad, because I figured it would be "the map" for me on 19.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:00 pm

I can't get into the 19 version of it. I had 600+ hours on it in 17. I loved how small and secluded it was. 19 just feels off. The updated graphics are changing the way it feels to me as well, which is sad, because I figured it would be "the map" for me on 19.
That's what i find maps i enjoyed in 17 have not got the same feeling in 19. So i still play those in 17 and save 19 for new maps. What i struggle with the most is the difference in the 19 sky, yes it maybe dynamic but just appears washed out and lifeless in comparison to 17.
Frag

Post by Frag »

Frag wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:49 am I am surprised that nobody here talked about the Old Stream Farm. I have 400 hours so far in that Season ready map and I changed the landscape SO MUCH that the creator of the map himself would not recognize some areas of it. No cheat ...all manual labor.

Are you playing on console or PC ? Such a beautiful place

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Console, but I’ve taken a liking to “real place” maps with 19 as well, so that might have something to do with it.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
wombles

Post by wombles »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:11 pm

That's what i find maps i enjoyed in 17 have not got the same feeling in 19. So i still play those in 17 and save 19 for new maps. What i struggle with the most is the difference in the 19 sky, yes it maybe dynamic but just appears washed out and lifeless in comparison to 17.
I just couldn't for the life of me think why I wasn't enjoying Oakfield the same way as I was in FS17, maybe this is the reason. It's not that I didn't give it a good go, but it just didn't give me that same homely feeling as in 17. I'm now back on Marwell and loving it.

I'm starting too worry about Oxy's future release of Thornton Farm, I really loved that map on FS17. I hope that it was a one off with me on Oakfield.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

On 17 I play The west coast now, but I really enjoyed gcv. It has most of my hours. I haven't played 19 much yet but lone oak looks good.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x