Once You find *YOUR* map...

Lexie

Re: Once You find *YOUR* map...

Post by Lexie »

Smokee wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:18 am My only issue with that map is that it's not AI friendly, the borders are so narrow between fields that the AI just passes them through.
I was used to hire helpers on other maps, while I was doing contracts at the same time. This map forced me to do all the work myself, or at least most of the work and I have to admit I like that. I only sometimes hire a helper for some harvesting, first do the borders myself and then a helper can harvest while I'm bringing the harvested crop away. But I now like to do everything myself and only getting money from my own harvest. I would say, give it a try.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

After several months in search for a new home, I finally found one in Hinterkaifeck.
It really feels right, and a big plus for traffic doing 50ish km/h, and actually can behave, and know what a brake pedal is, and how to use it :)

First map in quite a while that managed to hold my interest for more than just a few hours.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

In FS17, i found only two maps, what felt like home: Goldcrest Valley was my first map on FS17, around 500 hours on it and Lone Oak Farm the last one on FS17 also around 300 hours.
All the other maps were quick less than 100 hour passes, never felt home.

In FS19, started with Felsbrunn, because i always wanted to try German map, but never found any good one on FS17, put around 200 hour in it, never felt home but was good map. Then tryed few different maps, finally picked up Ravenport and Marwell Manor, both are great maps, true home feeling. Played them until The Seasons mod came out...
This mod really changed game so much, so i decided to not play the game without it anymore. Made a big mistake here, i did not start a new save, but continued with old save on both maps, i was new to seasons and did not know how it worked, so basically i ruined both my savegames, lot of fields did not germinate, crop failure did not work, weeds never appeared. Have played them too long to understand there are no way to go back anymore. Quite hard to go back to map, what you have once build up, modified a lot.

So started to look new map with Seasons compatibility, tried many, finally picked up around 20 maps. Most of them are listed here
by other fellow gamers, they are all great maps, so i decided need to pick one of them. Since Claas DLC just came out, i decided to go with
German map, since never had a chance to make a nice German farm, to call home. Plan was to start poor, with few old under 100hp German tractors and ropleplay myself up to buy a big farm with Claas stuff. Usually i stick with Giants modhub maps, but once quick look to yesmods one
day give me a nice photo about new German map called "Hinterkaifeck". So far i feel it is best map, to play it around 500 hours,
lot of things to do, a long story to play.

Since this map got few stupid mistakes (let's call them jokes), i made lot of changes with Giants Editor, mostly to this map look more realistic and
better suit to my play style. So far around 100 hours on it, will stick with it long time...
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Lately I've been hooked on the old farm countryside. I like the 4 additional crops that it has. I still jump back and forth between it, minibrunn and Sussex.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Massey5713

Post by Massey5713 »

I’ve tried a few different maps now, only to go further on to the next one after a few hours. Had started quite okay in charwell, but managed to place a new cow-barn i the middle of my field, and it broke mye economy to try to save it. So now i’m in the french village map, taking it slow. But I saw SealyP’s video of sussex, and holmsåkre, and my next map might be one of those, if not oxygen’s new map arrives first. I play on ps4, but might get me a computer soon, as it makes easier to make new roads an such.. and have even more, greater mods
Farming in Norway when the weather allows,
farming in FS19 when the wife allows *thumbsup*

Ps4
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I think my favourite map just might be Oakfield but I have a kind of love/hate relationship with. It has almost everything I look for; rolling green hills (uk style), cows and sheep together in one yard with natural looking pastures, a bit of elevation, decent size fields but it doesn't fully support contracts (just on a handful of fields) and god damn getting big machinery down that main north/south road is a nightmare.
I go back to it every so often but usually run out of stuff to do but I think I'll just cheat at the start and ensure I have enough fields to keep myself busy for a 9-day season @ 5x.
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

I think I have finally found my map...new woodshire, I love the detail and the scenery it is fantastic. I am so hooked on that map it's crazy only 30 hours so far but I really want to make my dream farm before even trying a new map
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I’m definitely hooked on Medicine Creek. A very detailed 4x map that is perfectly tailored to my farming needs. And it focuses on cattle, which I find to be my favorite husbandry (Dairydeere like Dairy)
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!