Geo mods vs Map Geo

hun3

Geo mods vs Map Geo

Post by hun3 »

I dont know if this was discussed here before but Im just wondering about something. As I understand each mod map with Seasons comes with a pre set Geo setting. Currently there are a lot of individual Geo mods out there to choose from.

I guess my question is would the mod editor already set the best geo for the map they are working on? Would a geo mod file make it better or it is really up to the player?

Im curious if people just play with the default geo settings of a map or use geo mod files?

Also it seem that there are several geo files for the same region and its confusing which one would be the most accurate. For example the Bavaria geo files.
ace54858

Re: Geo mods vs Map Geo

Post by ace54858 »

as far as i know map's don't come with a geo built in Seasons has it's own built in geo and then there are the stand alone geo's for area's so if you want something that fit's to the map or close to the area the map is to be.
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Yep the preset geo for a map is the seasons default geo.

It would then be down to the players to find a geo that suits the area the map is based on.

A mapper could probably add a geo to the map if they so wish to do so though. But I’ve not heard of any map maker doing so yet.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Ohh ok that make sense now. For some reason I had the impression modders set custom geo values to their maps.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I believe some do have a built in GEO and it normally mentions it Emerald Coast being an example, some others like Hazzard County have a custom GEO available which you add in as a normal mod.