Best Affordable Laptop

irishfarmer94

Best Affordable Laptop

Post by irishfarmer94 »

Hi, Currently gaming on PS4. Love the game and want to try the pc version. i need a new laptop anyway and was wondering if anyone has any advice on the best affordable laptop to go for.

Thanks
Way2drunk2walk

Re: Best Affordable Laptop

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

That all depends on your definition of affordable.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

The one you can afford.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

As w2d2w wrote it depends on many things, to help you out we will nee more information, like whats your budget, what other equipment do you have (mouse, keayboard, sound system, monitor, ...) and which country you are from.

Do you actually really need a notebook or does a tower pc work too, as the ones useable for gaming are usually cheaper than a notebook with similar specs.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I assume you're in Ireland and I'm not sure if you all have Black Friday or Ciber Monday sales but there are some deals to be had this weekend if you're serious about laptop gaming.

A quick Google search will get you tons of results, far more than I want to list here. And we also don't know what affordable is to you. Good luck!

This one popped up in my newsfeed this morning. I'm no PC expert but it seems to be a pretty hefty rig for less than the price of most smartphones. https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/201 ... -deal-sale

If none of this is applicable to you, please disregard it. Maybe someone else will benefit.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

that is a really solid laptop for the money fenixguy!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

But why laptop? There's a price to pay for miniaturisation, in terms of money and performance.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrincessJessi84

space would be my best guess.. some people really don't have the extra room for a desktop.. also there is the most obvious advantage of being able to farm anywhere.. I think the only real drawback to laptops aside from the typically higher price tag is that heat is such a mortal enemy and can honestly damage a laptop before you even realize its happening.. I had a really nice gaming laptop a few years back that got smoked playing sims 3.. kiddo set a coat next to the vent when I walked away to fix lunch.. within a few minutes the laptop shut itself down but the damage was done.. never ran quite the same after that
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I suppose space is the thing ...

... but I disagree that the only drawback is heat; it's a biggie, yes, but the worst of laptops if they are tricky to work on and expensive. My cheapo desktop I can open up in seconds, don't even need a screwdriver, change the graphics card and be back on the farm in ten/twenty minutes. Daughter No.2's laptop lost it's mini-battery and the heat (yes, heat again) had made the keyboard connectors fragile and as the keyboard had to come off to release the HDD to get at the motherboard to change the battery ..... you get the picture? She now runs with a wireless keyboard.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

sorry, perhaps i' m not very gifted but i never find a place to get a graphic card that fit a laptop, i should be interested to know some :this:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

BernardC wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:02 pm sorry, perhaps i' m not very gifted but i never find a place to get a graphic card that fit a laptop, i should be interested to know some :this:
Well exactly ...

PrincessJessi84

fair enough on the upgrading part.. they didnt used to be that way.. but now they are.. ive got a little one now that i only use for a bit of browsing and forum stuffs or maybe youtube.. its not designed to be opened.. the full sized one i got my mom is exactly the same way
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

I’ve never really got the whole space argument. You don’t need a desk or anything to run a pc. You can build a tower and run it through a tv and the use a wireless keyboard and mouse and use a game pad of your choice. If you use a wheel you can just get a wheel stand and a use a usb extension cable. I have my gaming pc at my desk then on the front room tv I’m running my secondary pc and then a 3rd in the bedroom. I can play games on all of them and they take up the same amount of room as my PS4 does 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Even price is no longer an issue.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

The tower must also be placed somewhere...
I can put it in my living room, but for me that disfigure the whole atmosphere. same if I put it in my bedroom.
Without a third room which can be used as working / computer room, I would never use a desktop PC.
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

TobiHH wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:02 pm The tower must also be placed somewhere...
I can put it in my living room, but for me that disfigure the whole atmosphere. same if I put it in my bedroom.
Without a third room which can be used as working / computer room, I would never use a desktop PC.
Yeah and have you seen the types of cases you can get for a pc now days. My dads sits in his tv cabinet and looks not out of place at all. It looks cool there tbh. Mine sits under my Tv in the front room and in the bedroom it in my cupboard. So it’s not a very strong argument at all. It’s not like a pa4 or an xbox are small either so if you have space for one of them you have space for a pc 🤷‍♂️
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding