Best Affordable Laptop

PrincessJessi84

Re: Best Affordable Laptop

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

we had these.. but only 1 per classroom.. we didnt have a dedicated computer lab

except i dont ever remember ours having color.. it was all green text and images on a black background
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Wow looks so posh. Ours where just black and white lol it was not for from being ms dos tbh.

If yo are into the old stuff like that you should watch a channel on YouTube called the 8-bit guy. He is awesome. He lives in Texas and is like the day of old machines. He has turned his house into a museum. He fixes them and everything. He even does like history shows on them and explains all of ther history and how they work ect. I’ve learned loads from him over the years. Definitely recommend him if your into that sort of thing of course.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

you should try a game on steam.. its like $10usd.. Its called 'Game Dev Tycoon'.. they dont use the actual names but close to it and it actually takes a pretty accurate ride through the history of personal computers and consoles.. by the time you get close to end game, you are designing your own consoles and stuff.. its a simple game but its fun and ive dumped more than a couple hours into it lol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Back in my day(wow I just said that!)it was Tandy 1000s and TRS 80s
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:19 am Image

we had these.. but only 1 per classroom.. we didnt have a dedicated computer lab

except i dont ever remember ours having color.. it was all green text and images on a black background
Commodore Pet maybe? That's what we had at school (and dates you big time!)

I'd try to upload a piccy but I think I've had a little bit too much red wine.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Does urvhave to be a laptop? You can get a desktop for a lot less money.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Depends on if you need an on the go PC versus an at home desktop
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

GeForcenow is possibly a solution for people with low spec systems to consider. Provided they have reasonable internet access. Though I assume they would be limited to modhub mods.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

irishfarmer94 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:53 am
I'll tell you my suggestion.

Is better if you get a desktop than a laptop. A gaming laptop is expensive and also laptops are fragiles. Also, most of them has a sceen around 15"6. Since you said you playing on ps4, I assume you have it connected with your tv, correct ? Imagine how strainge it will be for you if from a 40" inches screen you'll have to play with 15"6.

I suggest you get a budget desktop, wireless keyboard, wireless mouse and an HDMI cable. You can connect the dektop with the tv and playing FS sitting on your sofa.
If you want to spend lot of money for a good gaming desktop, it will cost you more than 3,000 Euro ( around 3,500 dollars ). Since Farming Simulator can be played with a low-end computer, then a low specs desktop will be enough. You'll have to set the settings to medium or lower.

Either you buy desktop or laptop it will come with Windows10. I suggest you format the computer and install LinuxMint 19.3 or the new LinuxMint 20 which will arrive probably next month. After you have LinuxMint installed, you'll have two options ; either you buy the game directly from Giants, which you will have to install it thru WINE or you buy the game from Steam and install it with Steam Proton. If you will prefer to keep Windows 10, keep in mind that it will give you headaches and sometimes you will wanting to open the door and throw it far away !!! :lol:

Linux is the answer. If you want your pc to look like Windows then install LinuxMint, if you want it to look like Mac then install Ubuntu.

All I wrote here are JUST my suggestions for you. Is up to you to decide what to do. I just hope that you will take the right choice for you.

Happy Farming
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:03 pm I'll tell you my suggestion.

Is better if you get a desktop than a laptop. A gaming laptop is expensive and also laptops are fragiles. Also, most of them has a sceen around 15"6. Since you said you playing on ps4, I assume you have it connected with your tv, correct ? Imagine how strainge it will be for you if from a 40" inches screen you'll have to play with 15"6.

I suggest you get a budget desktop, wireless keyboard, wireless mouse and an HDMI cable. You can connect the dektop with the tv and playing FS sitting on your sofa.
If you want to spend lot of money for a good gaming desktop, it will cost you more than 3,000 Euro ( around 3,500 dollars ). Since Farming Simulator can be played with a low-end computer, then a low specs desktop will be enough. You'll have to set the settings to medium or lower.
Agreed. I just built myself a desktop, peripherals and all, for around 1300 US. Far exceeding any of my games recommended requirements too
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins