Very interesting thing happen

abslayer

Post by abslayer »

While playing Michigan-Map seasons and trying to harvest my crops late in the season

Well I got caught in rain and then snow and lost a whole field of canola when time ran out.

Very realistic and fun results I think.
chedly_farms

Re: Very interesting thing happen

Post by chedly_farms »

I would throw my remote, kick my tv in, say every cuss word in the books, then soak in a hot bath for the rest of the night. I like realistic, don’t get me wrong, but not when I’m playing games to reduce stress. Lol. That is kind of cool though.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I can say this year we have harvested crops after 2 different snow falls of over 3 inches and the corn is still standing and our yield is still good.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:00 am I can say this year we have harvested crops after 2 different snow falls of over 3 inches and the corn is still standing and our yield is still good.
Indeed corn but when soybeans or conalo feels the cold and snow would that be good for the yield or even for harvesting? Corn is a strong plant compared to those.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
bluecoller81

Post by bluecoller81 »

IDK bout Canola, but soybeans when they get too dry, the pods will open and the beans will fall to the ground. Also if to dry and harvesting it will do, what I believe most call is shatter. Which is yield loss as well. In either case you don't want to harvest with snow on the crop. Snow can melt and refreeze in the sieves ,if the temp is cold enough, which will plug them.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

IRL We harvested beans last week that had two measurable snowfalls on them and they were perfectly fine.
Illinois Farmer

My uncle in north Dakota had canola and beans get snowed on hard and still was able to harvest them later. Just finished last Tuesday actually. I don't know his yields, but he was able to harvest them.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Interesting on what has happen where I live NE Alberta Canada FOR real right now

80%of the Canola crops as of right now laying in the snow and these real farmers HAVE a real big problem.
I do not know if they will be able to harvest them in the spring
Illinois Farmer

The only hope if it freezes enough to drive into the fields and the snow melts or hopefully have a dry spring.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Same thing happen to them as what happen in my game rain ever 2nd day all the way though late Aug and Sept Oct AND now snow
One has to really feel sorry for them how do they pay there bills :(
Illinois Farmer

I'm not sure in Canada, but hopefully there is some kind of government subsidy to help out. We still have about 80 acres to go and got hit with very strong winds today.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Do not know about that