Just how close to reality are we ?

Phantoms

Re: Just how close to reality are we ?

Post by Phantoms »

reallogger wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:46 am How would you know that you are not controlling a RL tractor through the game? Ender did not know when training finished did he..
Better yet, how do you know that you're not a character being controlled in a simulator by a superior being on his/her/it's computer? :confusednew:
Playing on PC
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

:lol: :lol:

That someone/something that is controlling me must really love the daily grind :coolnew: :coolnew:
John Deere 86

Post by John Deere 86 »

If we are in a Simulator, and we are the playable characters, my player must hate me, I'm 33, overweight, and not lucky in life at all, sounds very much like the matrix
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

John Deere 86 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:37 pm If we are in a Simulator, and we are the playable characters, my player must hate me, I'm 33, overweight, and not lucky in life at all, sounds very much like the matrix
You literally just described me......long live 1986ers!
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Whoa my player loves me :mrgreen: i'm near fifty slim with stud like appearances and built like a brick s**t house. :lol:
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

adammac5858 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:48 pm
John Deere 86 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:37 pm If we are in a Simulator, and we are the playable characters, my player must hate me, I'm 33, overweight, and not lucky in life at all, sounds very much like the matrix
You literally just described me......long live 1986ers!
I'm only 29... but, the 3 of us must share the fate of having the same player.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Auto loading bale trailers are as real as it gets, my friend.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

reallogger wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:46 am How would you know that you are not controlling a RL tractor through the game? Ender did not know when training finished did he..
Best comment ever. :mrgreen:
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Wow nice book reference!
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I find it funny that IRL is has better GPS and automated tractors than a video game that has all the stuff defined within it.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

IRL take your four wheeler or gator out to the field and drive around all the boundaries to map the course and then when you are in the tractor, just have to hit a button and go.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Man, this puts a whole new perspective on Farming Simulator. Hope the police aren’t actually coming after my virtual tractor for a major felony of running over too many transparent pedestrians :lol: :lol:
Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:30 pm IRL take your four wheeler or gator out to the field and drive around all the boundaries to map the course and then when you are in the tractor, just have to hit a button and go.
I can just imagine John Deere hiring a FS modder someday to program Courseplay or Follow Me into an autonomous 8R :lol: :lol:

Don’t we just wish tech could already do that...
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!